Chelsea 2018/19 - 3rd and European Champions. Sarri, not sorry

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Turns out Chelsea players don’t mind their manager calling them shit in public, unless it’s Jose

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
But we finished second last year under Jose. Sarri has had nothing but the new manager bounce.
Its just a trend I see on here, we're only ever catching a side when they drop points. One win for them and that's that. Corner is turned and we have to win every game from now till May to keep up.
A win at home v a nothing side doesn't prove anything. They should have won today and they did.
We have Fulham after Leicester. A win there doesn't prove anything nor should it.
Its the exact same scenario.
I'm not talking about us vs them. We can still be 4th. I'm addressing the Sarri bashers on here and if you think that's all Sarri has done you obviously haven't watched Chelsea play enough. He is implementing his own style of play, almost to a point of stubbornness. It's not a new manager bounce.

Vadim

I really hope they don’t sack Sarri. He’s a stubborn old man and will insist on this ‘Sarri Ball’ boll*cks despite it being Van Gaal esque and doesn’t work in this league in the long run.

Chelsea have been absolutely horrible whenever I’ve seen them this season.

:drool:

El Zoido

“Chelsea are a totally different prospect now they have Higuain.”

About that..

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Haven't rated them for ages tbh. IMO they would look better side if they kept playing 3-5-2. That back 4 is constantly getting exposed away from home against decent sides. Think they'll lose at Old Trafford and yes Anfield aswell.

6th this season. They need to take the europa league very seriously, is Higuain even allowed to play for them in that competition?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
“Chelsea are a totally different prospect now they have Higuain.”

About that..
Couldn't get over the amount of posters getting carried away last week because they beat Huddersfield.

Huddersfield have 11 points.

Kapardin

Sarri is probably the only manager who struggled against us at the Bridge. We usually turn up there to get rolled over but almost nicked a win.

That should have set the alarm bells ringing back then.

Member 90887

He approached the game the wrong way, don't go to city and try to play them at their game. be smarter! that team's shape is extremely wrong!

el3mel

Impossible to see Sarri surviving this season because if he wants to go his way he'll ask their board to replace Kante by other player and keep Jorginho as DMF, something that Chelsea fans will go riots if it happens and the board will easily choose keeping Kante, a world cup winner, over a style that seems doomed to fail in England.

He's done.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Dodgy keeper
Suspect defence
Crap midfield

Higauin has done better than I expected him to though

Mick321

How bad is this Emerson guy if he cant get a game ahead of Alonso? He's a shocking defender.

Vadim

Alonso has always been a useless clogger, he just papered over it with goals under Conte.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Alonso has always been a useless clogger, he just papered over it with goals under Conte.
He's a good LWB but not a defensively dependable LB. Sarri should have seen the problem coming. Same with Aspillicuetra (?). Same with CB. They needed to upgrade and didn't.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Impossible to see Sarri surviving this season because if he wants to go his way he'll ask their board to replace Kante by other player and keep Jorginho as DMF, something that Chelsea fans will go riots if it happens and the board will easily choose keeping Kante, a world cup winner, over a yean that seems doomed to fail in England.

He's done.
Yeah he's gone. He's the direction they wanted but the results and defending of late have been miserable.

I generally feel a manager should be allowed the first season unless disasterous. I guess Chelsea have to decide how disasterous this is.

Dolf

Any players we can steal from them this summer? Surely some of them will want out if they finish 5th/6th.

I’ll take Kante, Willian and Alonso