Chelsea 2018/19 - 3rd and European Champions. Sarri, not sorry

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He may have a point, but it's not as if he has his midfield working even under his system. Also, it's not a good idea generally to publicly say that your player can't do a particular thing.

Advice to Sarri: look at how Ole is man-managing. The Italian's old fashioned cigarette management style isn't going to cut it at big clubs.
Agree. He'll soon be gone and I think the interim manager will drop Jorginho.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I'd like to see Sarri succeed with us. But i think he is too stubborn and ignorant to do so. A manager has to admit when his tactics dont work, instead he just puts it down to the players poor mentality every single week. A manager has to think when 1-0 or 2-0 down with not long left, make a change to get a goal, not change RB for RB. That was criminal and there was no excuse. Underperformers start if they play awful. Alonso has been rank recently and Emerson hasn't been too bad, yet we know who is more likely to play tomorrow.

Jorginho has been poor, he will start. We know when subs will happen and who the subs are. We know how he will set up and play. I genuinely think Sarri is out of his depth with us. Win tomorrow and Wednesday while showing he can tweak things and im all for him staying. Lose tomorrow, with a lack of fight and piss poor performances, and i think he may not even get to Wednesday as manager

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I feel I heard it last summer when Sarri became Chelsea manager... Chelsea fans were preparing for legendary Sarriball, our fans were shitting themselves. Funny times :lol:
With all due respect to those people, I'm not a cult member of 'Allegri-ball'. Those people bigging up Sarri were too far up his arse to see that the squad Chelsea has is not suited to play on the front foot. Allegri is as close to as prime Mourinho as you'll get ( worse but a damn good manager).

There are two managers I don't want Chelsea getting. They are Allegri and Simeone. Top managers that have mastered shithouse football, suits Chelsea to the core.

Bojan11

Thank feck the board didn’t let Jose spent £60m on this poisonous cnut.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Can't see Sarri being around much longer, will he be in charge for Spurs? Clearly big issues with the dressing room with the Kepa shambles today. At least showed we can put in a defensive performance and squad is pretty decent. Just a bit of a mess at the moment.

Siorac

I thought we were OK today (Kepa and two shit pens aside).

A bad result against Spurs and I think Sarri is gone.
Yeah, you actually had some decent chances and mostly kept City at bay.

The self-destruction at the end was all the more spectacular for it.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Hows Higuain looked so far then?

He looked fat against Utd. That's the only thing I remember about him.
pretty decent to be fair. Great movement. Doesnt give the ball away a great deal Think once he gets really accustomed to the league, he will be very good

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Horribly average side
Two seasons in a row with no UCL football?
Transfer ban?
Hazard off?

They're fecked

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hows Higuain looked so far then?

He looked fat against Utd. That's the only thing I remember about him.
Higuain really can't do much if you play a deep defence, Wolves back 3 had him in their collective pockets today.

charlenefan

Can't remember the last time a big team was so utterly reliant on one player as Chelsea are with Hazard.
Complete ineptitude from Chelsea to allow it to be like that as it was the case last season as well

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Higuain really can't do much if you play a deep defence, Wolves back 3 had him in their collective pockets today.
Maybe if our midfield and wide players could provide some service for him, even against teams defending in numbers.

Utterly baffled as to why we started Kante high up again today, offers near zero creatively against teams defending deep. At least he was getting back and winning the ball though.

When the team is out of creative ideas they just revert to pass to Hazard. If the team is setup properly this isn't much of an issue though. As we saw with the team that played on Thursday without Hazard, Kante, Higuain, looked far superior to the team today. Much better balanced and much more creativity.

Sarri seems out of his depth, the same issues endlessly and seemingly blind to see them.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Abramovich playing hard ball as obviously annoyed at Conte, this is how he operates, see Mutu and others who get on the wrong side.

I'm more interested in this:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/chel...summer-move-to-real-madrid-inevitable-sources

Looks certain Hazard will be off in the summer. Can't really begrudge him the move as it's clear it was always his ambition and he's been with us a long time.

Not too concerned, it would be good to convince CHO to stay though and with a wing slot freed up presumably we can credibly offer much more game time.

charlenefan

Abramovich playing hard ball as obviously annoyed at Conte, this is how he operates, see Mutu and others who get on the wrong side.

I'm more interested in this:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/chel...summer-move-to-real-madrid-inevitable-sources

Looks certain Hazard will be off in the summer. Can't really begrudge him the move as it's clear it was always his ambition and he's been with us a long time.

Not too concerned, it would be good to convince CHO to stay though and with a wing slot freed up presumably we can credibly offer much more game time.
Chelsea are horribly over reliant on Hazard, you've got a transfer ban and yet you're not too concerned? I assume it's because you're packing football in?

Rafaeldagold

Been impressed with Higuain actually. Really good instincts in the box & has that extra quality which unfortunately could just about get them top 4.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Horribly average side
Two seasons in a row with no UCL football?
Transfer ban?
Hazard off?

They're fecked
This is about the 10th time our decline has been predicted since 2010, can't you guys get some fresh material?

Furthermore we will dig our heels in and make Hazard see out the last year if the ban becomes effective immediately, bar Zappacosta and maybe Pedro i can't see a single first teamer being allowed to leave under the ban.

Can't remember the last time a big team was so utterly reliant on one player as Chelsea are with Hazard.
When he plays we rely on him do things, probably the other players instincts to say give it to Hazard, but in general under both Conte and Sarri we have coped fine without him, infact our best game and a half of Sarri ball Hazard weren't playing.

Now that's not to say losing him won't be a blow but it won't be even half as bad as if we lost him during Jose's tenure, back then was when the reliance on Hazard was at the level you are suggesting.

charlenefan

This is about the 10th time our decline has been predicted since 2010, can't you guys get some fresh material?
I'll get some new material as soon as you stop rewriting history

Trizy

Been impressed with Higuain actually. Really good instincts in the box & has that extra quality which unfortunately could just about get them top 4.
Higuain was always a fantastic striker when he can be arsed. I'd fear if Chelsea sign him on a permanent deal and he loses interest (due to potential poor results and what not)
you'll be looking at another Torres like decline in form.

The transfer market is gonna be fecking crazy this season with Chelsea (if the ban doesn't come into affect until January) splashing like feck to sign 2 seasons worth of players, United needing 3-5 quality additions, Bayern needing 3-5 quality additions and Madrid needing a new squad.

Throw the other top 10 teams in Europe into the mix too with just general strengthening. It's gonna be madness.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Higuain was always a fantastic striker when he can be arsed. I'd fear if Chelsea sign him on a permanent deal and he loses interest (due to potential poor results and what not)

The transfer market is gonna be fecking crazy this season with Chelsea (if the ban doesn't come into affect until January) splashing like feck to sign 2 seasons worth of players, United needing 3-5 quality additions, Bayern needing 3-5 quality additions and Madrid needing a new squad.

Throw the other top 10 teams in Europe into the mix too with just general strengthening. It's gonna be madness.
That's a good point, and I can see Paris buying a bit too with Neymar leaving. It's going to be fun, no international football during the summer so I guess there'll be that entertainment :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Everyone said the same last summer but nothing happened. I still believe that nothing is gonna change much during the window.

- Bayern being Bayern won't spend a lot of money
- PSG would try to buy someone IF Neymar leaves. Mbappe won't leave, its difficult to see them selling him
- Real can splash the cash, but again, a good player costs 80-90m. They can only get 2 WC players and one lower tier player for 200m
- Chelsea's request for freezing transfer ban has been rejected(according to rumours)

As far as United are concerned, we have a potential to repeat the 2016 summer. Depends on the manager and DoF(if at all anybody comes in)

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Everyone said the same last summer but nothing happened. I still believe that nothing is gonna change much during the window.

- Bayern being Bayern won't spend a lot of money
- PSG would try to buy someone IF Neymar leaves. Mbappe won't leave, its difficult to see them selling him
- Real can splash the cash, but again, a good player costs 80-90m. They can only get 2 WC players and one lower tier player for 200m
- Chelsea's request for freezing transfer ban has been rejected(according to rumours)

As far as United are concerned, we have a potential to repeat the 2016 summer. Depends on the manager and DoF(if at all anybody comes in)
I'm sure PSG are going to buy whether or not Neymar leaves (I agree Mbappé definitely won't leave this summer), their squad is pretty thin past the first XI. But if they sell Neymar, it'll just make it more crazy (they'll buy 2-3 players to "replace" him).
And Real I'm sure will spend massively, I'm sure Zidane got guarantees for it. Hazard, Neymar and one or two CMs minimum.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm fairly certain we aren't signing any new players till summer 2020, only 15 months not the end of the world. We won't get a freeze for the next window. Even without the ban we wouldn't be challenging City for the league, though so doesn't change much, best hope of silverware is cups. Hopefully we'll qualify for the CL this season, I see the EL as the best bet for that.

Selling Hazard slightly annoying, hopefully then we can then give CHO guarantees of minutes on that wing and convince him to sign a new deal.

Let's get our youth players, RLC, Christensen, Ampadu, Mount, CHO and others in the first team for a season and see what happens.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Let's see if it's Chelsea groundhog day again today, wondering if Sarri had some time to think over the break and change something?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Let's see if it's Chelsea groundhog day again today, wondering if Sarri had some time to think over the break and change something?
CHO won't start today and there will be a meltdown from some. Both Willan and Pedro have had a week off and Hazard is undroppable. CHO will start on Wednesday though.

I'd be more annoyed if Barclay does not start ahead of Kovacic today.