Chelsea 2018/19 - 3rd and European Champions. Sarri, not sorry

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
It’s quite a feat of cognitive dissonance when people are looking for answers as to why Chelsea win things since Abramovic took over and not thinking about the residual benefits of the biggest investment ever made to a football team in history.

They win because they’ve spent, relatively - don’t look at figures without context - an obscene amount of money to build teams with very good players in them.

The biggest favour Chelsea have had is Manchester City as City’s spending and recent success seems to have made many completely forget exactly how Chelsea became a ‘big’ club.

As a west Londoner, I, and many non Chelsea fans used to laugh (and despair) at Ken Bates’s antics as well as the very vocal National Front minority at Chelsea. That club were very close to becoming luxury housing. And if Roman didn’t like the look of North London from his helicopter we wouldn’t be discussing any of Chelsea’s ‘amazing’ successes over the last 15 years or so.

This isn’t meant as a slight on any Chelsea fans that may be reading this, but letBi’s not rewrite history. Arsene Wenger, among many, hated Chelsea’s financial ‘doping’ long before the Arabs had even heard of Manchester. There’s no special secret to their success - just highly dubiously acquired wealth.
Bitter. Every club that has won things has got an injection of cash. Madrid, Barca, Liverpool United all of you have won things by buying the best players.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What should higher ups have done? If I'm not mistaken he was fined by the club.
Kepa wouldn't have done that in the first place if he didn't think he could get away with it. And if he thought that, that means he felt Sarri did not have the club's backing

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Kepa wouldn't have done that in the first place if he didn't think he could get away with it. And if he thought that, that means he felt Sarri did not have the club's backing
It's a big jump. Id be surprised if the players knew what the board were planning at that stage. He didn't inherit any single player with a big dressing room influence apart from maybe Hazard.

I think Kepa in a cup final (or semi whatever it may have been) would have done that under some other managers too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's a big jump. Id be surprised if the players knew what the board were planning at that stage. He didn't inherit any single player with a big dressing room influence apart from maybe Hazard.

I think Kepa in a cup final (or semi whatever it may have been) would have done that under some other managers too.
Players aren't stupid. They know if the manager has the club's backing or not

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Players aren't stupid. They know if the manager has the club's backing or not
I guess Scholes thought Fergie didn't have the board's backing when he refused to be put on for United.

Or Tevez and Mancini in 2011.

Yeah, players are stupid. Lets just leave it there.. In my opinion Kepa was acting like a 24 year old child and likely would have done the same under other managers given the adrenaline and hype riding on the circumstance (the chance to be a hero in penalties that were just a couple minutes away).

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Bitter. Every club that has won things has got an injection of cash. Madrid, Barca, Liverpool United all of you have won things by buying the best players.
You are right.

I do think that not many clubs could afford to sack managers at the frequency you guys do, and cash has a part to play in that.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah but their cash didn't come from a Russian gangster.

Blood money. Every single penny.

Pete Dahh Sneak

Supports
Chelsea
This is really, really dumb if we’re letting Sarri go for nothing to replace him with Javi Gracia.