Chelsea 2020/21 - General discussion

TheReligion

Abusive
Rice is a former Chelsea youth player + will cost a lot of money. United need to prioritize in other positions so it's hard to see Chelsea not getting Rice.
True. Chelsea were daft enough to drop £72m on Kepa and £80m on Havertz. They'll go over 100m on Rice then play him at the back.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Rice is a former Chelsea youth player + will cost a lot of money. United need to prioritize in other positions so it's hard to see Chelsea not getting Rice.
and has also admitted he wants to play in the same team as Mason Mount again. For £100m id steer well clear, but we know he will go for less than that. Sullivans cant resist money

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
You told me he was signing for Chelsea :lol:

Not sure why you're trying to mug me off with that when you were a million miles away from getting it right.
mate, i can remember you reading too much into various tweets and claiming the deal could still happen when BVB were adamant it was off. Was a few of you clutching at straws big time.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Fact of the matter is United are a bigger club than Chelsea. No discussion to be had.
who has disputed that? No one? We must be quite decent though because you love to post in majority of our threads, more than your own teams.

TheReligion

Abusive
mate, i can remember you reading too much into various tweets and claiming the deal could still happen when BVB were adamant it was off. Was a few of you clutching at straws big time.
Again, you told us all he was signing for Chelsea..

So you're trying to mug me off despite the fact you tried to say he wanted to move to Chelsea (who ended up pulling out of the deal as they knew he wants United)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Again complete strawman. I haven't forgotten the positive things I said, they just have to be weighted against very obviously negative things that are totally unforced. Why are you assuming that because I posted something critical that means what I said previously isn't valid? Both things can obviously be true, unless you're some sort of zealot for whom consistency of position outweighs everything.
He played the same XI against Sheffield United as the one against Arsenal exclude Ziyech due to injury.
He played the same XI against Burnley as the one against Wolves exclude Ziyech due to injury and Giroud replaced Abraham
He needed to make rotation against Aston Villa due to fatigue which understandable.

His selections have been consistent prior what you said in November with what you think now. May be reality is that you were wrong, the style of play you were so excited about that you think he has fixed was never been fixed which tells you why he is so persistent with crossing and relying on set pieces.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He played the same XI against Sheffield United as the one against Arsenal exclude Ziyech due to injury.
He played the same XI against Burnley as the one against Wolves exclude Ziyech due to injury and Giroud replaced Abraham
He needed to make rotation against Aston Villa due to fatigue which understandable.

His selections have been consistent prior what you said in November with what you think now. May be reality is that you were wrong, the style of play you were so excited about that you think he has fixed was never been fixed which tells you why he is so persistent with crossing and relying on set pieces.
Wow, it's almost like playing (almost) the same XI against different opponents isn't actually a good thing, especially in a compressed schedule? It's also like team selection isn't the only thing a manager does? I also love how you're just casually glossing over the absence of our main playmaker here.

Also the issue against Villa wasn't that he rotated it's that he didn't rotate properly. Playing Kante for the second time in 48 hours out of position as an 8 to accommodate Jorginho was mind-bogglingly stupid. Replacing both centre halves yet keeping 2 of our centre mids (the latter of which obviously run significantly more). Playing Chilwell again despite him being barely fit and a liability against Arsenal. All these things were absolutely fecking stupid and I'm very happy to stand up and call a duck a duck.

thatsme

Fact of the matter is United are a bigger club than Chelsea. No discussion to be had.
Transfers aren't quite as black and white as that. Mikel chose Chelsea over Utd. Didn't Utd also want Hazard?

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Loot at you'll fighting over Declan Rice.

Don't see the fuss, personally. Granted I've not watched him all that much but he doesn't really stand out as a player we need, to me.

sport2793

Actually Fabrizio came out recently and confirmed that even after BVB said the deal was off that the two teams were still negotiating a fee for Sancho. Would not be surprised if this ends up happening next summer, especially with the underwhelming season BVB are having.

thatsme

Don't see the fuss, personally. Granted I've not watched him all that much but he doesn't really stand out as a player we need, to me.
He's a decent enough player but, he would be another massively over-priced Chelsea signing. Liverpool have far better scouts and would find a player just as good for a third of the price.

TheReligion

Abusive

Not fighting over him. If United want him though they'll get him. United might let Chelsea have him though if we don't think he's that important.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He's a decent enough player but, he would be another massively over-priced Chelsea signing. Liverpool have far better scouts and would find a player just as good for a third of the price.
Depends what we pay for him. If it's 80m that'd be over the top. If it's a Chilwell situation where the asking price is set at 80m and we negotiate it down to 50m, there's potential value there in my opinion.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What is this thing about CHO? I keep seeing it mentioned
Some Bayern supporting muppet posted elsewhere about "freeing CHO" because he only signed his lucrative extension at Chelsea due to Roman sending Russian thugs. Best part was said muppet tried to attribute this to The Athletic.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And Robben.
This more like because that CEO prick moved to Chelsea.

Also, is there any hope that Chelsea is willing to sell Pulisic to United? He deserves to play at best CLub in the world Hahha..

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Robben and Kante too.
Essien. Petit.

Bigger club does not mean said player picks you and thats it. There will be numerous occasions where both ourselves and utd have been rejected for 'smaller' clubs. Plus in todays era and current market, its all about money by and large.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
This more like because that CEO prick moved to Chelsea.

Also, is there any hope that Chelsea is willing to sell Pulisic to United? He deserves to play at best CLub in the world Hahha..
No, you didnt offer what PSV wanted, we did.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Essien. Petit.

Bigger club does not mean said player picks you and thats it. There will be numerous occasions where both ourselves and utd have been rejected for 'smaller' clubs. Plus in todays era and current market, its all about money by and large.
Yeah, If players care about size/history above everything else, Real and AC Milan would be sweeping up all the talent and leaving the rest of the world the leftovers.

Mindhunter

Hazard also.
No, he didn't "choose" Chelsea. More like we refused to pay his agent the fees he was demanding and so he went to Chelsea who agreed to the demands. It was well documented at the time that we stopped negotiating. Our pull was greater during that time even though Chelsea just won the CL the year before he joined.

Also, I disliked him from day one. Even though he was brilliant on the pitch, I just think a player who reveals his next club on twitter isn't the right fit for this club. He would have been in serious trouble.

TheReligion

Abusive
No, he didn't "choose" Chelsea. More like we refused to pay his agent the fees he was demanding and so he went to Chelsea who agreed to the demands. It was well documented at the time that we stopped negotiating. Our pull was greater during that time even though Chelsea just won the CL the year before he joined.

Also, I disliked him from day one. Even though he was brilliant on the pitch, I just think a player who reveals his next club on twitter isn't the right fit for this club. He would have been in serious trouble.
This. Essentially those that went to Chelsea chased the money train. Living in London probably also helps.

Any real footballer with pedigree would pick United. Undeniable fact.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He seems competent but it someone I'd want us to spend boat loads on.

Not fighting over him. If United want him though they'll get him. United might let Chelsea have him though if we don't think he's that important.
There are many factors involved. We are a bigger club than Chelsea but they can beat us to players for various reasons.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This. Essentially those that went to Chelsea chased the money train. Living in London probably also helps.

Any real footballer with pedigree would pick United. Undeniable fact.
If those are the metrics you won't stand a chance either, as they'll pick Real Madrid or Milan.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: how did he involve The Athletic.
Was bizarre - he just stated unequivocally that CHO signed his contract under duress from "Russian thugs" and that this had been reported by The Athletic. Then proceeded to ignore many posters (desperately) providing evidence showing this wasn't the case.

Hell, if you're gonna WUM then WUM big, I'd say!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Wow, it's almost like playing (almost) the same XI against different opponents isn't actually a good thing, especially in a compressed schedule? It's also like team selection isn't the only thing a manager does? I also love how you're just casually glossing over the absence of our main playmaker here.[/QUOTTE]

What are you on about mate? You are getting confused because you don't know what you are reading.

You are the one who talked negatively about his XI selection now and I was making a point that he has been used those XI during the period when you overrated Lampard. If anything I'm mentioning Ziyech to tell you that he had not other choice but to make bit of change because the player is injured, so you can moaned all you wanted but the manager can't do anything if the player is injured.

Also the issue against Villa wasn't that he rotated it's that he didn't rotate properly. Playing Kante for the second time in 48 hours out of position as an 8 to accommodate Jorginho was mind-bogglingly stupid. Replacing both centre halves yet keeping 2 of our centre mids (the latter of which obviously run significantly more). Playing Chilwell again despite him being barely fit and a liability against Arsenal. All these things were absolutely fecking stupid and I'm very happy to stand up and call a duck a duck.
This just shows you the manager doesn't trust Alonso and some players he didn't consider good enough, he can't fully rotate the whole XI if he doesn't trust some players. I've seen this enough under Ole last season when he chose not to rest Bruno against Norwich in FA Cup to play Pereira last season.

Mindhunter

If those are the metrics you won't stand a chance either, as they'll pick Real Madrid or Milan.
While I don't agree with the notion that no body would choose Chelsea over us for footballing reasons, it clearly wasn't the case with Hazard. Right now, we have an exciting project going on with the team improving every day and an opportunity to shine. RM and Barca are both in turmoil currently and no top player would want to go there unless they are being compensated much higher than the market rate.

RM are out of money and Barca is Barca - it's a total mess.