Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens the Red

Tuchel is obviously doing an outstanding job but feck me if we ever lined up with Lindelof, Maguire, Varane and then Matic, Fred, McTominay in front of them. Jesus.

Still won 3-0 though:lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They're not even a fantastic team. I still insist, I would pick our squad over theirs.
Just scary how well oiled they look. They look coached to perfection.

diarm

They don't look like they have any weakness at the moment.

You'd look at us and say the midfield is a weakness. City have their issues in attack. Liverpool don't look the strongest in terms of depth.

But Chelsea tick all those boxes and they've a coach who really suits the squad. They look the team to beat for me.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Unreal how sound their defence is. Just 1 goal conceded this season, and that was a penalty.

Did anyone on here honestly rate a back four of Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen and Alonso before Tuchel went there?
Azpilicueta, Rudiger and Alonso have all played at a very high level before so it's not massively surprising and Christensen has always looked like he had potential

Very good coaching obviously helps as well

Leonzo1

Early days but they look incredible so far. No real weaknesses in their team either. great squad depth, great manager, a clinical striker and a top notch defensive unit. The team to beat this season but unfortunately I don't think we'll come close. Chelsea will win it and quite easily I reckon.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel is obviously doing an outstanding job but feck me if we ever lined up with Lindelof, Maguire, Varane and then Matic, Fred, McTominay in front of them. Jesus.

So with 3 defenders and 3 in midfield? I don’t get the comparison.

mav_9me

Unreal how sound their defence is. Just 1 goal conceded this season, and that was a penalty.

Did anyone on here honestly rate a back four of Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen and Alonso before Tuchel went there?
That's the thing. He has fixed their defense with the existing personnel without buying anyone for huge sums. Only new incoming is Thiago Silva and now Chalobah being promoted. Unbelievable coaching job.

largelyworried

They don't look like they have any weakness at the moment.

You'd look at us and say the midfield is a weakness. City have their issues in attack. Liverpool don't look the strongest in terms of depth.

But Chelsea tick all those boxes and they've a coach who really suits the squad. They look the team to beat for me.
Id say that on an individual level their quality isn’t as high as the other teams. Man for man, I think the other three big teams are generally stronger. I wouldnt swap their attackers for ours, certainly, and I don’t see they have any outstanding individual talent like Salah, De Bruyne or Ronaldo. That might cost them a few points.

But their squad has no weaknesses - City lack a striker, Liverpool lack depth and we lack a midfield, but they have quality and depth all over. And their manager knows how to send out his team in a way that gets the maximum from them and hurts the opposition. Definitely in pole position early on.

mav_9me

The difference is obviously the quality of the RWB in that scenario and obvious quality of the midfield.

Water Melon

Tuchel is doing a fantastic job with them. You can see how well drilled they already are. If they beat City bext week, they will definetely be among top 2 contenders to win the prem. I doubt Solskjaer will get even 2 points against Tuchel this season.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I guess whoever wants their hands on the trophy this season has to wrangle points from this Chelsea side.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I mean the weakness with Chelsea is probably the lack of true creators/match winners. But they play very precise and are impressive to watch when clicking.
If they had a top winger then I’d pip them as the clear best team. feck me if Hazard was still there everyone would be fecked.

King Kay

Supports
Chelsea
Yep. They’re now having long periods where they are clearly second best in the game now.
We've only had 2 of those and this game wasn't one of those. Liverpool after the red card and Aston Villa who really took the game to us for a full 90mins. Spurs slightly edged it in the first half and we completely blew them away in the 2nd.

Guy Incognito

Tuchel changed it up in the second half when it looked like Spurs had figured out how to play them, and Chelsea score three.

Contrast that to how City set up on the opening weekend against Spurs.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Why did Mendy not play today?
Near the end of the last CL game, he was run into and has a sore hip. He was not able to stretch for a goal shot and land on the hip without discomfort. Tuchel wants him completely fit before returning. Tuchel said he was close today but he did not want to risk injury.

cyberman

We've only had 2 of those and this game wasn't one of those. Liverpool after the red card and Aston Villa who really took the game to us for a full 90mins. Spurs slightly edged it in the first half and we completely blew them away in the 2nd.
Villa, midweek and today. It’s 3 in a row.
I don’t think it’s this big machine that people are claiming you are and teams do have success against Chelsea recently. Not saying found out or anything stupid but this league has a way of finding that chink and pouncing on it as the season goes on

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Villa, midweek and today. It’s 3 in a row.
I don’t think it’s this big machine that people are claiming you are and teams do have success against Chelsea recently. Not saying found out or anything stupid but this league has a way of finding that chink and pouncing on it as the season goes on
What?

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Spurs were really bad though.
Not a true litmus test.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I don’t know what this is supposed to mean
According to the images, 1-1 would’ve been a fair result in your game based on XG. Chelsea on the other hand were dominant vs Spurs using the same measurement.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t know what this is supposed to mean
According to the images, 1-1 would’ve been a fair result in your game based on XG. Chelsea on the other hand were dominant vs Spurs using the same measurement.
What @Klopper76 said. You're right to say that Chelsea struggled against Villa and Zenit but today can't be put into that bracket in good faith.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
They’re the team to beat imho. Solid all over the pitch, goalscorer up front, cracking manager in the dugout.
Only terrible luck with injuries is going to slow them down

cyberman

Oh Spurs were toothless but I also thought they were the better side in that first half.I can’t see what Utd have to do with it though

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Every team will have periods of bad play/game management. I don’t really get what people are trying to say. We haven’t conceded many clear cut chances and that’s the real stat that matters. We defend as a team.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Oh Spurs were toothless but I also thought they were the better side in that first half.I can’t see what Utd have to do with it though
Yeah apologies - wasn't trying to have a dig or anything but because the tweet I linked was part of a thread your result was included.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Every team will have periods of bad play/game management. I don’t really get what people are trying to say. We haven’t conceded many clear cut chances and that’s the real stat that matters. We defend as a team.
I think you had us on the ropes before the red card for James in our game.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I think you had us on the ropes before the red card for James in our game.
You started better but from the 15th minute of the first half I thought we were better for the remainder of that half - certainly a very different game if you get the early goal that you potentially warranted though.

Trophy Room

It’s just their organisation - team defence. Tuchel is Brilliant.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You started better but from the 15th minute of the first half I thought we were better for the remainder of that half - certainly a very different game if you get the early goal that you potentially warranted though.
Yeah for sure. The red card ruined it as a contest.

FatTails

Impressive all around, and his tactical switch at halftime was great to see. They’re formidable and will take some stopping this season

Hammondo

I mean the weakness with Chelsea is probably the lack of true creators/match winners. But they play very precise and are impressive to watch when clicking.
If they had a top winger then I’d pip them as the clear best team. feck me if Hazard was still there everyone would be fecked.
Match winners are only needed if your core football isn't good enough.

Demas

Supports
Chelsea

As long as they win, most Chelsea fans will not complain. When we tried a supposedly "progressive" coach in Sarri, the football was even more boring. In an attacking sense, some of the games during Lampard's time were great, but the defense eventually went to shit. Tuchel seems to have the balance just right, as they still create a decent amount of chances even with a supposedly defensive formation

Status
Not open for further replies.