Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

Freighting good at the moment, top of the table and they already visited Anfield, the Emirates and Tottenham.

Really though calendar but they're excellent.

EtH

They are looking good no doubt. But I swear they are the jammiest cnuts in the league. Another shit deflected goal scored today after Villa hit about 18 sitters straight at Mendy last weekend.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Match winners are only needed if your core football isn't good enough.
What absolute shit is this?

Of course you need match winners otherwise you end up losing finals like City did last year hence the reason they wanted to spend 150 million on Harry Kane.

Good coaching only gets you so far. Especially when you come up against well drilled defensive sides. Sometimes (if not most of the time) you need some freaky shit to get you over the line and no coaching in the world can account for.

SAFMUTD

This level of wanking is amusing. I have no fear of Chelsea. Why are they more frightening than Liverpool
They're really solid in defense and scoring for fun at the moment. They had the hardest start of the season schedule by distance and theyre top of the table.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Its a fascinating season. I think Liverpools lack of depth could ultimately cost them. City have had an up and down start but I wouldnt ever put it past them to win 10 in a row. United are right in there and have more match winners than anybody else. Chelsea look a powerful side but are being over-rated IMO.

Its wide open.

SAFMUTD

they played last seasons placed 8th, 14th, a title challenger, 11th, 7th.
They visited 3 of the called top 6 teams and will be receiving City next week.

I get you're not impressed by Chelsea but there's no point in undermining their great results against a though schedule.

BlueDutch

Supports
Chelsea

Of course you need match winners otherwise you end up losing finals like City did last year hence the reason they wanted to spend 150 million on Harry Kane.

Good coaching only gets you so far. Especially when you come up against well drilled defensive sides. Sometimes (if not most of the time) you need some freaky shit to get you over the line and no coaching in the world can account for.
Chelsea won the Cl without a match winner, Italy won the EC without a match winner. .

Last edited:

Stacks

They visited 3 of the called top 6 teams and will be receiving City next week.

I get you're not impressed by Chelsea but there's no point in undermining their great results against a though schedule.
So called "top 6" means 7th and 8th finishers hmmmm that makes it meaningless. Arsenal could be 17th and people talking about top 6. Obviously that concept is meaningless nowadays as both Spurs and Arsenal are not sides who are difficult to get points off clearly.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
They are actually a scarier team to play against than City. So well drilled. And they don’t seem to have an off day at all. They are clearing the favorites to win the league.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
They are looking good no doubt. But I swear they are the jammiest cnuts in the league. Another shit deflected goal scored today after Villa hit about 18 sitters straight at Mendy last weekend.
They look strong. I don’t see them lasting the pace throughout the season though. Not sure how they would cope with a couple of key injuries

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They're not even a fantastic team. I still insist, I would pick our squad over theirs.
Just scary how well oiled they look. They look coached to perfection.
Banter aside that's why I don't understand why you are persisting with Ole.

His recruitment has been good fair enough but there's literally a manager that's a free agent right now that would (for me) make you favourites for the title.

Yes it would probably be short term, yes he would probably fall out with your board (and Ronaldo) after the title is won but you would move on and win again, like we've done since parting ways with the guy in question.

Eddy_JukeZ

They've had a good start, but the cafe has fawned over them for 3 straight years now.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Ngolo Kante isn’t a match winner?

Literally without him you would have won feck all last year.

let’s not pretend Chelsea didn’t shit house their way to a champions league last year.
We literally won it without relying on moments of luck.

Not many champions in the UCL do that, even Barca11 were a better Bendtner first touch from being dumped out in R016.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea won the Cl without a match winner, Italy won the EC without a match winner. .
Without discrediting the achievements, Cups are completely different to leagues.

let’s not pretend Chelsea didn’t shit house their way to a champions league last year.
Right.

Mendy 12 games 9 clean sheets 3 goals conceded and 91.4% shots saved.

We played city, Madrid, atletico, Sevilla and Porto. Explain how we shithoused only 3 against them. Then explain how you guys couldn’t beat Villarreal.

Eddy_JukeZ

They're not even a fantastic team. I still insist, I would pick our squad over theirs.
Just scary how well oiled they look. They look coached to perfection.
We clearly have more individual quality than Chelsea.

Just hope we extract as much as we can from the squad. Down to Ole to do it.

Hammondo

City didn't lose because they lacked a match winner, Chelsea played better football and were the better team. City looked second best basically the whole match.

Hammondo

Hes literally the opposite, he's the type of player that does the same core stuff every game and helps the rest of the team play their core football better.

NoPace

Could see them struggling to score enough to win the league over whichever one of City or Liverpool or us gets hot and starts scoring in bunches, but you'd certainly have them as favorites to take the most points from the top 4 or top 6/7.

Stifled Spurs well once Kante came on and the set piece goal won it, but they do have the height of a Burnley style team with 3 CBs, Alonso, Havertz and Lukaku so they should expect to get more of those than their opponents.

Nothing came off for Lukaku today but he pinned Dier whenever he liked. Really unlucky not to have an assist. Going to play for Conte was incredible for him.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Favourites for me. Reminds me of Conte's Chelsea where they just kept on winning.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Really hope we see more of Werner and Lukaku playing together. I think that could do special things for us.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Lukakus movement isn't as good as you want it to be, he's not a on your toes type of striker thats going to dart and keeping defenders guessing. I think Timo playing off him could be very dangerous. If he could finish..

tenpoless

Have they ever played against a team with 10-11 players behind the ball this season though? i think just because they are doing well in a tough period against good teams it doesnt mean they will just roll smaller teams over. Different type of challenge. One thing i noticed about the Premier League in the last 2-3 years is that every game can be a banana skin. The only club that seemed invicible was Liverpool. They were doing good against both big and smaller teams.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So many defenders and no 6 in their lineup but they still managed to score. CB scores and Wing backs play like a striker. Any manager will dream to play tons of defensive players to be solid in defense and yet still scoring goals to win matches, a recipe to win major title. But this is what makes it challenging for us.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Lukakus movement isn't as good as you want it to be, he's not a on your toes type of striker thats going to dart and keeping defenders guessing. I think Timo playing off him could be very dangerous. If he could finish..
People always criticise his first touch, honestly, not every top striker have good first touch and his problem was never his first touch in my opinion. It's actually his movement. When he was with us, I was sick to death seeing him pointing where the ball should go and telling players that he wants the pass/cross to come to him instead of trying to make movement and being aggressive in his off ball movement to make defenders difficult to mark him and come towards the ball. Completely different to Ronaldo or Cavani, both have proper world class striker movement.

But when the ball arrives at his feet, he has the power and speed to bully players and make powerful shot.

RedCurry

Tuchel is obviously doing an outstanding job but feck me if we ever lined up with Lindelof, Maguire, Varane and then Matic, Fred, McTominay in front of them. Jesus.

Still won 3-0 though:lol:
Chelsea has made a living out of being a solid team that wins trophies consistently. Since Abramovich takeover, their most successful managers have been Mourinho, Conte, and Di Matteo. You could potentially add Ancelotti in that same category.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They look strong. I don’t see them lasting the pace throughout the season though. Not sure how they would cope with a couple of key injuries
How would any team cope with injuries to key players? That question could be applied across the board with all 4 title contenders. Injuries to Lukaku and Mendy is where could be fecked. I'm pretty comfortable with the options in the squad for the rest of the positions.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I liked the 3-5-2 combo with Werner and lukaku.Of course Werner still shitting in his pants in front of goal but his movements still create lots of space for lukaku and midfield to pocket into it.

Give us option for midfield three to not overrun in midfield. Nyway it's good option to have especially later part of the game against tiring defence.

Arsenal away Liverpool away and spurs away done and still we are top of the league. City at home now only fixture remained in tough scheduled start. Bring it on. Champions of Europe that's what we are.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Top of the league despite playing away to Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool in their 5 games. They are the team to beat this season

Hitsu

Supports
Chelsea
I mean the league isn't won in September but it's been a great start so far. We do lose Mendy for the AFCON Cup and even today Kepa spilt a few, just managed to get away with it. Definitely not getting carried!

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I said even before we signed lukaku we will challenge for the league. Now with lukaku we are second favourites behind city. And we will play them next week. Will see how it will go.

Hopefully mendy will be fully fit for that game. Free kick to city in dangerous position with kepa I don't fancy that scenario.:nervous:

Spurs cut them open at will in the first half and really should have been 1 or 2 up at the break. They can be beaten at the back, as long as you don't let them settle in and get control in midfield.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Spurs cut them open at will in the first half and really should have been 1 or 2 up at the break. They can be beaten at the back, as long as you don't let them settle in and get control in midfield.
Although they didn't. They were through on goal once in the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.