Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Whoever handles their outgoing transfers is nothing short of a genius quite frankly

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Updated to include Anjorin and Zouma

Abraham £36m
Zouma £29.8m
Tomori £26.28m
Guehi £21m
Zappacosta £8.5m
Anjorin £8.5m
Livramento £5.31m
Ugbo £4m
Moses £4.5m
Bate £1.58m
Simeu £1.58m
Miles Peart Harris £1.35m
Ekwah £1.26m
Giroud £0.9m

Emerson Loan Fee
Batshuayi Loan Fee
Kenedy Loan Fee
Gilmour Loan Fee
Bakayoko Loan Fee with potential £17m sale

Total £150.56m + Add ons and Loan Fees. Barkley and Drinkwater the next two to sort, i imagine we'll find a buyer for the former but not the latter

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
I think had we not had that moment of madness at the end of the first half we could have taken the win. Not unhappy with a draw at all though given the circumstances which shows how far we’ve come.

Not getting too far ahead of myself but if we can get through the City and Spurs games unscathed we’ll have a fantastic run ahead!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Marina Granovskaia - obviously I'm a bit biased but I genuinely think she is one of the biggest assets at any club in world football.
I agree, your transfer strategy really works for you and she is a huge asset. I wish we were able to offload our bloat even half as efficiently.

cyberman

Both are more than capable of churning in a very good output for Chelsea. If we were to go by last season, you'd think Martial was never capable of 10+ goals let alone 20.
Oh I now they’re capable (maybe) but Tuchel has to bring it out of them. I dont think a back 5 and 2 defensive midfielders feed the front 3 enough for it to happen but we will see.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Thought that first half showing was more impressive and they looked as a more threatening side.

But yeah, they did react very well in the 2nd after dodgy first 15 minutes.
I was worried first half. With a full XI I thought Chelsea would sneak another goal in the second half. The red card was a huge relief not only for the goal but the hope they were never winning the game after that point.

I hoped for the win but settled for the draw as soon as Salah scored. I'm afraid Chelsea look the real deal. Great. Not only under Klopp do City have Pep but Chelsea have to go and get Tuchel. Seriously not fair. :(

criticalanalysis

@GifLord penalty incident with slows mo?

Random but if you check out the close up replays, straight after Reece clears the ball, Jota takes a wild right foot swing on the rebound, gets a slight touch on it but rakes/catches Reece's right knee on the follow through. Then he takes another swing and takes out Jorginho :lol:

Should that be a yellow card offence even after the VAR decision?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Random but if you check out the close up replays, straight after Reece clears the ball, Jota takes a wild right foot swing on the rebound, gets a slight touch on it but rakes/catches Reece's right knee on the follow through. Then he takes another swing and takes out Jorginho :lol:

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Abraham £36m
Zouma £29.8m
Tomori £26.28m
Guehi £21m
Zappacosta £8.5m
Livramento £5.31m
Ugbo £4m
Moses £4.5m
Bate £1.58m
Simeu £1.58m
Miles Peart Harris £1.35m
Ekwah £1.26m
Giroud £0.9m

Bakayoko loan with obligation to buy in two years for £17m

Emerson Loan Fee
Batshuayi Loan Fee
Kenedy Loan Fee
Gilmour Loan Fee
Anjorin Loan Fee with option to buy for £8.5m
Drinkwater Loan Fee

Total £141.06m + £17m in two years + add ons/loan fees and future sales

Trophy Room

Very impressive. Champions league winners and have strengthened very well. Great squad and manager. Favourites for me.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
They’ll win the Champions League back to back. Don’t think the league, but I do think they will be in the CL final again and most likely win it.

Kag

Their central midfield options of Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic and (seemingly) Saul are annoyingly competent.

I’d fancy us for the title if we had that quartet.

D. Mungai

Their central midfield options of Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic and (seemingly) Saul are annoyingly competent.

I’d fancy us for the title if we had that quartet.
If Saul, clicks, then whoever finishes above Chelsea will win the league. Simple.

CallyRed

Still have the luxury of being able to send top quality like Danny Drinkwater out on loan...

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't understand Chelsea at all.

With Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho why do they need Saul?

They have some talented midfield players like Gilmour, Gallagher and Ampadu (maybe even more) so it's hard to understand why one of them isn't able to be part of the quartet and get some minutes?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I don't understand Chelsea at all.

With Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho why do they need Saul?

They have some talented midfield players like Gilmour, Gallagher and Ampadu (maybe even more) so it's hard to understand why one of them isn't able to be part of the quartet and get some minutes?
I think Chelsea want those players to play full 38 game season or close to it. If they stay at Chelsea they will probably only get half that at best, whilst it is also a bit of a risk (when fighting for the league/CL) compared to having someone like Saul on the bench who is only costing them a €4m fee for the year and his wages.

Personally, I thought their Lukaku deal was bonkers as I don't rate him, however this deal for them is also bonkers. Saul has had an iffy 18 months or so but prior to that he was regarded pretty much as a lock for a position in the top 5 CM's in the world and if not that, then certainly top 10.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think Chelsea want those players to play full 38 game season or close to it. If they stay at Chelsea they will probably only get half that at best, whilst it is also a bit of a risk (when fighting for the league/CL) compared to having someone like Saul on the bench who is only costing them a €4m fee for the year and his wages.

Personally, I thought their Lukaku deal was bonkers as I don't rate him, however this deal for them is also bonkers. Saul has had an iffy 18 months or so but prior to that he was regarded pretty much as a lock for a position in the top 5 CM's in the world and if not that, then certainly top 10.
That's fair enough. They just do things so differently to United I struggle with it. Surely it's all about integrating your younger players and letting them make their mark. If they are talented enough then playing with the first team and rotating in the CM will surely be better than a season long loan at Norwich with different coaches, a different system and lesser players.

Just seems unnecessary.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I think Tuchel believes he can help Saul get back. The deal is gold. If he regains his form...what a steal, if he doesn't, it was nice getting to know him.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
That's fair enough. They just do things so differently to United I struggle with it. Surely it's all about integrating your younger players and letting them make their mark. If they are talented enough then playing with the first team and rotating in the CM will surely be better than a season long loan at Norwich with different coaches, a different system and lesser players.

Just seems unnecessary.
It seems as though Tuchel wanted another midfielder and he likes Saul, Kante is also getting injured alot these days too. The players we loaned out need to play, being fourth choice midfielder they wont play as much. Although i 100% get what you are saying, i was up for Ampadu to stay.
Also Chelsea clearly want Declan Rice for that position so are saving the money to go for him next summer, i'm certain thats why they haven't try to buy a DM in this window, So the loan makes sense.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Need a midfielder on loan? Better call Saul.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
If Saul can return to his best form under Tuchel then we have an incredible player who we can buy at a bargain price of £30m next summer who is only 26/27 years old. If he struggles or isn‘t as good of a fit as we expected we send him back and buy Declan Rice.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
They have arguably the best squad in the world right now

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
They have arguably the best squad in the world right now
PSG doesn't really count so yes, Chelsea probably have the best squad in the world.

City not getting a top striker will lose them the league to Chelsea this year is my prediction

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

VAR can’t be used to give yellows unless it’s to overturn a red card if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.