Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not a chance. Unless we sell Werner, which isn't happening until the summer.
I'm not sure what Werner would fetch. He's certainly not a CF. It's odd really as I did think Lukaku would do better than he has done.

Bloody football. Dom Solanke is looking like a bit of a player at the moment and one which would really suit TTs set up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea's luck has run out. They look like us last season fluking undeserved wins left, right and centre. They are certainly not as good as Liverpool or City.
I see it a bit differently. Chelsea going through period of inconsistent form, lots of injuries, players in and out of the physio's room, and we've managed to keep our noses in front until now. We'll most likely end the weekend in the third place but I'm encouraged by ability to put points in the bag despite the [forced] heavy rotation across the team.

Keeping pace with Liverpool and City looks like a tall order but I didn't overreact when everyone was calling us title favourites and I'm not going to overreact when people start to doubt us.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not sure what Werner would fetch. He's certainly not a CF. It's odd really as I did think Lukaku would do better than he has done.

Bloody football. Dom Solanke is looking like a bit of a player at the moment and one which would really suit TTs set up.
Werner isn't a dud. He'll fetch a decent fee, as long as there is a club that believes his struggled are due to the physical nature of the PL. He's highly thought of in Germany.

The concerns I had in the summer about a striker like Lukaku look to be coming true.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea's luck has run out. They look like us last season fluking undeserved wins left, right and centre. They are certainly not as good as Liverpool or City.
Which wins did we 'fluke'?

TheReligion

Abusive
Werner isn't a dud. He'll fetch a decent fee, as long as there is a club that believes his struggled are due to the physical nature of the PL. He's highly thought of in Germany.

The concerns I had in the summer about a striker like Lukaku look to be coming true.
I do think the CF spot is an issue if you want to challenge. You need someone up top banging them in.

I don't think you'd get your money back on Werner based on what he's shown. I'm still wondering if he could grow into the PL but his finishing is just all over. Appreciate what you say about the physically but not sure why he looks so poor in front of goal when he does get the chance.

Shades of Forlan about him although Forlan did bag a few.

pacifictheme

Overrated?

Blackwidow

He does not struggle because of physicality but because of the tactics of the team (and his mental abilities). Problem is that he needs tactics that usually are "underdog" tactics. And teams in upper midfield outside of the EPL just do not have that much money.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Southampton, Villa, Brentford, numerous cup ties, just off the top of my head.
Not true in the slightest regarding Southampton. The cup games were basically end to end basketball games which yes we could have lost but to say we were outplayed is absolute rubbish.

Villa and Brentford in the league I'll give you but both of those are offset by us dominating against Burnley and United and somehow only picking up a point in both.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I do think the CF spot is an issue if you want to challenge. You need someone up top banging them in.

I don't think you'd get your money back on Werner based on what he's shown. I'm still wondering if he could grow into the PL but his finishing is just all over. Appreciate what you say about the physically but not sure why he looks so poor in front of goal when he does get the chance.

Shades of Forlan about him although Forlan did bag a few.
Getting the money back isn't what I had in mind. I think that ship has sailed. But I think there is a market for him at around £30m, maybe a team like Dortmund. Lukaku is the bigger problem anyway, because Werner, though he struggles badly in front of goal, doesn't negatively impact the way the team plays in the that Lukaku does.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Overrated?
I don't think Lukaku is a bad player. I just didn't think that type of striker was what this team needed. I was happy to roll with Havertz and Werner unless the striker coming in was Haaland.

Remember the geese

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The most maddening thing is Hudson Odoi being dropped.

He was our best forward player in the recent run (unless you count James as an attacker) and his reward is more bench time.

On current form he should be totally untouchable.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not true in the slightest regarding Southampton. The cup games were basically end to end basketball games which yes we could have lost but to say we were outplayed is absolute rubbish.

Villa and Brentford in the league I'll give you but both of those are offset by us dominating against Burnley and United and somehow only picking up a point in both.
he didn't say you were outplayed

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Saying we fluked the win is another way of saying It, amounts to the same thing.
:lol:

No it doesn't, fluking or getting an underserved win could simply mean the losing side deserved a draw

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Southampton, Villa, Brentford, numerous cup ties, just off the top of my head.
Brentford and Watford last week definitely lucky. Xpoints table has us being lucky and things maybe evening up today.

Injuries beginning to take their toll too, need Kovacic and Kante back, then there's Chilwell too.

We were 20 points off the title last year, today is a bit of a reality check on where we are. I expect City, Liverpool and others will also have injury crisis too as the season goes on.

TheReligion

Abusive
Brentford and Watford last week definitely lucky. Xpoints table has us being lucky and things maybe evening up today.

Injuries beginning to take their toll too, need Kovacic and Kante back, then there's Chilwell too.

We were 20 points off the title last year, today is a bit of a reality check on where we are. I expect City, Liverpool and others will also have injury crisis too as the season goes on.
I think you're doing well all things considered. Liverpool and City are ahead but Pep and Klopp are both more settled then everyone else so it's to be expected.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Basically a lot of players are injured and some of those who are playing are carrying knocks/injuries. He mentions Jorginho, but Reece James, Christensen and Silva are have been dealing with niggly injuries for weeks. Werner and Lukaku are just coming back a lengthy period out. Havertz was rushed back when he took a heavy knock a few games ago.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I always enjoy a browse on bluemoon when one of Chelsea, Lpool or Utd lose

Always the same posts "not in our universe, we are the best thing the prem has ever seen"

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Tuchel definitely needs to get the forwards scoring. Feels like almost every game they get a goal from a defender.

pacifictheme

I don't think Lukaku is a bad player. I just didn't think that type of striker was what this team needed. I was happy to roll with Havertz and Werner unless the striker coming in was Haaland.
Yeah I was pleased you got him as it takes you out of the halaand race. Shame City didn't get kane for the same reason really.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
We have a lot of squad depth and it reads well on paper but what has become apparent is the real lack of quality in key areas as to how we play.
Ive been desperate for him to succeed but Ruben hasn’t taken his chance at all with Kante and Jorginho out. He’s been quite poor and doesn’t influence matches well enough. He’s an extremely talented player but doesn’t use his strength and physique enough.

Chilwell is a huge loss. I was wrong thinking Alonso would be good enough but I’d actually prefer Emerson if Alonso’s last two games are anything to go buy.

As mentioned already, Hudson-Odoi was the best performing frontman, yet he was dropped. I was very surprised by this. Ziyech is regularly poor. Hudson-Odoi, Havertz and Mount was the best option.

Werner, Lukaku and Pulisic are not fit enough yet. Pullasicky is never fit.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
In my opinion, that's the front three we should roll with if we want to win this title.
Me too. I would also prefer Werner in the central role than Lukaku. His pressing is frightening for defenders and he’s good for an assist.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Chilwell is a huge loss. I was wrong thinking Alonso would be good enough but I’d actually prefer Emerson if Alonso’s last two games are anything to go buy.
Yeah he's a massive loss. I know Alonso started the season well, but he can't offer what Chilwell does. I've actually been surprised at how important he's become to your lot, I thought he was a talented player while at Leicester but I didn't envisage him becoming the powerhouse he has. His fitness and intensity is outstanding and the productivity he was showing this season was a real boon for Chelsea. Him and James are a really brilliant pairing.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah he's a massive loss. I know Alonso started the season well, but he can't offer what Chilwell does. I've actually been surprised at how important he's become to your lot, I thought he was a talented player while at Leicester but I didn't envisage him becoming the powerhouse he has. His fitness and intensity is outstanding and the productivity he was showing this season was a real boon for Chelsea. Him and James are a really brilliant pairing.
They are and they’re so important to how we play. Since moving to wing back, both having went up a level.

Swordsman

It surprised me that so many tipped Chelsea for the title. They are nowhere near as good as City or Liverpool. They have points on the board so will more than likely finish third, but I wouldn't be too shocked if they found themselves in a battle for top 4.
until recently Chelsea is the most consistent, City performance is like roller coaster, Liverpool got the least depth among the 3 clubs.

darko

It surprised me that so many tipped Chelsea for the title. They are nowhere near as good as City or Liverpool. They have points on the board so will more than likely finish third, but I wouldn't be too shocked if they found themselves in a battle for top 4.
Kovacic and Kante will be out for a while. As TT would say, "Chelsea will 'suffer'."

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
It was very frustrating to lose the last game against West Ham, as it had been to draw against Man Utd and Burnley, mainly because we were superior in those 3 games.

But here I see everyone cataloging a season of glory or failure by the last result.

Chelsea are 2 points behind the first place, we faced a serious crisis of injuries and we had some lack of concentration in some games but that is also natural, nothing serious happened.

We have one of the best coaches and a good group of players.
Kovacic returns for the next league game, Mount is back to his best form, Lukaku will pick up pace and others will return.

The most sensitive point will be filling the absence of Chilwell, who was being super important.

But we are going to fight for this league until the end, I have no doubt, against two top teams and two top coaches.

I am very proud of this coach and these players!

Let us remember that Tuchel arrived at the club at the end of January.
In less than a year, we have gone from fearing not making it to Europe, to being European champions, candidates to win the Premier and feared in any field in the world.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Kovacic and Kante will be out for a while. As TT would say, "Chelsea will 'suffer'."
Kovacic is back in training and could play VS Leeds at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.