Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
It is their money and the increase values in the clubs since take over (Man City, Chelsea, Leicester, Leeds untied) justify it. How does the investors live beyond their means? do they borrow money from the bank to buy the club and get the club to pay for their ownership?
Spending more than the club generates. I don't really need to explain in that much. If you don't see that as different that's fine

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Spending more than the club generates. I don't really need to explain in that much. If you don't see that as different that's fine
It works really well for Leicester and Leeds untied. They are not challenging the title so the traditional powerhouses don't cry about their "over spending". Everton is doing the same too.

In their ideal world only their club have the spending power to buy all the top players and win the title every season. Just like Bayern in germany.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We try and have two players for every position anyway though. And those 'potential star players' often quickly slip away. CHO and RLC spring to mind.
We technically have in Azpilicueta and James, and Azpi is actually the perfect age to be eased out in favour of Livramento in the next 18 months or so. Yes it doesn't always work out once they're in the first team, but I have sympathy for CHO and Loftus-Cheek because they both suffered huge setbacks with untimely long term injuries, especially Loftus-Cheek as he was absolutely flying at the time.

TheReligion

Abusive
It works really well for Leicester and Leeds untied. They are not challenging the title so the traditional powerhouses don't cry about their "over spending". Everton is doing the same too.

In their ideal world only their club have the spending power to buy all the top players and win the title every season. Just like Bayern in germany.
Are you telling me that as a fact?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I take it you've missed the fans trying to get rid of the Glazers in recent times.
I'm just genuinely curious. You're more than likely going to break your transfer record in the next month or two (and probably pay him wages beyond what any club in England bar maybe City are paying a single player) despite a half a billion pound debt.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not exactly sure how that constitutes living within your means, feel free to educate me if I'm wrong.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
i can't wait for the melt down if Saudi's Newcastle take over goes through.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hakimi would arguably be our best RWB. Livramento out on loan for 2 yrs would be fine.
Livramento, if successful out on loan for two years, would return aged 20 to find a 22 year old James and 24 year old Hakimi in front of him in the squad. As I said, I'm not saying don't buy Hakimi, but there is a valid concern there about Livramento's pathway if we do, which you were dismissing :D

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Livramento, if successful out on loan for two years, would return aged 20 to find a 22 year old James and 24 year old Hakimi in front of him in the squad. As I said, I'm not saying don't buy Hakimi, but there is a valid concern there about Livramento's pathway if we do, which you were dismissing :D
A lot can happen in two years, maybe Hakimi will want a new challenge, maybe he will be made a left back (which he can play) and/or RJ a midfielder to accommodate.

I know it's a different area of the pitch but when we signed Havertz people thought that was the end of Mount.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm just genuinely curious. You're more than likely going to break your transfer record in the next month or two (and probably pay him wages beyond what any club in England bar maybe City are paying a single player) despite a half a billion pound debt.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not exactly sure how that constitutes living within your means, feel free to educate me if I'm wrong.
I'll educate you sure. Our wage bill is below City, Liverpool and yourselves. Secondly I assume you're referring to the Sancho deal which doesn't look like being a club record from what we know so far.
Thirdly do you have any idea how much revenue United generate? Might be an idea to check that up before you talk about living beyond our means.

Finally the fans actively want the debt the Glazers saddled the club with (their personal debt that they transferred to the club, not ours) to be paid off. It was one of the points raised on the latest fan forum. Our club had zero debt before they came and took over and was generating vast amounts (still is). Very different to yourself and the Ken Bates debacle. You lived beyond your means then and nearly went under, you're now doing it again with Roman's credit card. You've never actually experienced going about things the way United and Liverpool have really.

If you can't see the difference then you're beyond my limited teaching skills.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

If they can service the interest annually then it is fine, no matter how much the club is in debt. That's how finance works but i am not an expert.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Dismissing it was not my intention, i just find it utterly bizarre when some social media users dont want us to buy top drawer players, because we have an 18 yr old who "might" turn out decent. Its madness.

Im half expecting to see people complain if we got Haaland or someone similar, because we have Broja

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'll educate you sure. Our wage bill is below City, Liverpool and yourselves. Secondly I assume you're referring to the Sancho deal which doesn't look like being a club record from what we know so far.
Thirdly do you have any idea how much revenue United generate? Might be an idea to check that up before you talk about living beyond our means.

Finally the fans actively want the debt the Glazers saddled the club with (their personal debt that they transferred to the club, not ours) to be paid off. It was one of the points raised on the latest fan forum. Our club had zero debt before they came and took over and was generating vast amounts (still is). Very different to yourself and the Ken Bates debacle. You lived beyond your means then and nearly went under, you're now doing it again with Roman's credit card. You've never actually experienced going about things the way United and Liverpool have really.

And you got to that point in the first place purely through organic growth from the very beginning of your existence?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A lot can happen in two years, maybe Hakimi will want a new challenge, maybe he will be made a left back (which he can play) and/or RJ a midfielder to accommodate.

I know it's a different area of the pitch but when we signed Havertz people thought that was the end of Mount.
All of that could happen but it could also not happen. That's neither here nor here, to be honest.

You didn't think Havertz would block Mount's development. I didn't think that either. No Chelsea fan on this forum thought that, because we all knew Lampard would play a 433 with the two 8's. If we were buying Aouar last summer on top of Havertz for example, then the concerns for Mount's chances would have been valid.

Last edited:

thebirminghamred

If we strengthen this summer, I think we have as much of a chance of winning the title as Chelsea do.
I think it all depends if City strengthen.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Dismissing it was not my intention, i just find it utterly bizarre when some social media users dont want us to buy top drawer players, because we have an 18 yr old who "might" turn out decent. Its madness.

Im half expecting to see people complain if we got Haaland or someone similar, because we have Broja
But it's a completely valid concern, surely you can see that? I'm not saying anything controversial here.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Come on don't be lazy. You know the club history surely? Busby Babes etc
Yes and if we're going down the history route I also know about how you became Manchester United in the first place.

Disclaimer: it wasn't organically.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes and if we're going down the history route I also know about how you became Manchester United in the first place.

Disclaimer: it wasn't organically.
So what are you asking me questions about then? I'm confused. Or are you just trying to be smart?

TheReligion

Abusive
If you're really trying to compare some local businessmen helping save Newton Heath in the 1900s and forming Manchester United to a Russian billionaire buying Chelsea and spending his personal wealth to bring success then I think you're too far gone for this conversation @Dancfc

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

Just because you don’t like the ownership does not mean it excuses the workings of the club. You are just throwing up straw men to justify your attempt at feeling your club doesn’t do the exact things you are whining about. It is Man Utd, you need to own it until it is not anymore. You might be holding your breath a very long time expecting Man Utd to change…I don’t see it happening.

TheReligion

Abusive
Just because you don’t like the ownership does not mean it excuses the workings of the club. You are just throwing up straw men to justify your attempt at feeling your club doesn’t do the exact things you are whining about. It is Man Utd, you need to own it until it is not anymore. You might be holding your breath a very long time expecting Man Utd to change…I don’t see it happening.
What on earth are on on about? What straw men?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
What on earth are on on about? What straw men?
That because the fans want the Glazers out, that makes the workings of the club any different. It doesn’t change what the club is.
I have no problem with Roman, he wants to win. He is willing to invest in the club to make it happen.

TheReligion

Abusive
That because the fans want the Glazers out, that makes the workings of the club any different. It doesn’t change what the club is.
I have no problem with Roman, he wants to win. He is willing to invest in the club to make it happen.
And what is the club then?

PS I have no issue with your club either but it's not correct to compare how you're financed and how you have gained success to United

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
And what is the club then?

PS I have no issue with your club either but it's not correct to compare how you're financed and how you have gained success to United
A club that leverages debt in order to achieve it’s goals. Honestly, I’m not opposed to this type of business. It does have risk, but all business like this is risk - reward.
I know that United came to their size and wealth different than Chelsea. When people try use that as an insult, it doesn’t bother me. I enjoy Chelsea. Our family became fans as Chelsea sponsored my son’s soccer club here in the U.S. I also enjoy Man Utd. A few of my best friends are Man Utd fans… one a little too fanatical.

TheReligion

Abusive
A club that leverages debt in order to achieve it’s goals. Honestly, I’m not opposed to this type of business. It does have risk, but all business like this is risk - reward.
I know that United came to their size and wealth different than Chelsea. When people try use that as an insult, it doesn’t bother me. I enjoy Chelsea. Our family became fans as Chelsea sponsored my son’s soccer club here in the U.S. I also enjoy Man Utd. A few of my best friends are Man Utd fans… one a little too fanatical.
Debt that's been placed on us by our owners. I think that's pretty important. The club was pretty much running perfectly until the Glazers came and we've been stuck with it since.

Anyway absolutely no idea as to how Dan thought this was relevant to the discussion so I'll not sidetrack the thread anymore.

By the way I don't think most would use that as an insult but I do think some Chelsea fans are unwilling to accept where they have come from and become ultra defensive on the topic as highlighted here.

You are what you are. You seem to understand that. Understandable why you have an affinity to the club if they have looked after your son.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
We try and have two players for every position anyway though. And those 'potential star players' often quickly slip away. CHO and RLC spring to mind.
I agree with RLC but not necessarily with CHO just yet. People often criticize our loan system but someone like CHO would have gained massively if he had been sent on loan after his breakthrough. It's still not too late to do so as I feel an extended run in a lesser team would do him a world of good. A team like current Brighton or Norwich coming back will be ideal.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I agree with RLC but not necessarily with CHO just yet. People often criticize our loan system but someone like CHO would have gained massively if he had been sent on loan after his breakthrough. It's still not too late to do so as I feel an extended run in a lesser team would do him a world of good. A team like current Brighton or Norwich coming back will be ideal.
I think RLC is done here. I think he is a talent but seems he might just have to have a career away from Chelsea. Same with Tammy. He's good, but not a top 4 striker

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I think RLC is done here. I think he is a talent but seems he might just have to have a career away from Chelsea. Same with Tammy. He's good, but not a top 4 striker
That meaningless friendly in usa with that minefield of a pitch, one of the unluckiest footballers Loftus cheek. He made it into the first team and that incident happened. Sarri wanted rlc apparently on loan for Lazio.

Among youngsters Gallagher looks promising to be in the squad and have the legs and tenacity to play in three man midfield/ two man midfield. I just think Tuchel will love him,he works hard,he can bring you odd goals from midfield which chelsea midfielders currently lacks.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This thread makes me so angry. Can't believe that we missed signing him. He is so bloody good. Imo, best manager in PL right now.
So, yes. If he gets 2 or 3 top players (striker and midfielder) they will challenge for league

Crustanoid

Actually it is good for football and EPL to have external investment to clubs like Man City, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester to challenge Man Utd. Man Utd spent as much as Man City and double of Chelsea for the past 10 years anyway. I can't wait for the Saudi's Newcastle take over.
United would have deteriorated organically anyway. Other worthy teams would have come in and fairly challenged. As Arsenal did, and actually, (our greatest rivals) Liverpool did so impressively in the last season but one. City and Chelsea have ruined football. Literally nothing you ever do will hold ANY merit. You can bleat about it any way that you want but anything you have done post sports washing means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. People like you are perpetuating this and really have to feck off for the good off football. Goodbye.

Crustanoid

There is really no need to have an argument. Man Utd are bigger spenders. This wailing and teeth gnashing because your club does not win anything is much like a girl who flies into a rage because a more popular girl moved in next door. It is strange and sad. I’m not sure how you can enjoy the sport with this mind set?
You are plastic. Your team is plastic. Nothing you do has any merit. It never will do and you have no argument. feck off.

Crustanoid

Quality control
@Crustanoid judging by your last 2 pages of most recent posts, I think you need to destress. Have a nice relaxing bath and go wash those legs of yours.
Its ok at least I'm not hollow like you are. Why don't you do the rest of football a favour and crawl under a rock. Awful, plastic, football-ruining c nuts

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
United would have deteriorated organically anyway. Other worthy teams would have come in and fairly challenged. As Arsenal did, and actually, (our greatest rivals) Liverpool did so impressively in the last season but one. City and Chelsea have ruined football. Literally nothing you ever do will hold ANY merit. You can bleat about it any way that you want but anything you have done post sports washing means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. People like you are perpetuating this and really have to feck off for the good off football. Goodbye.
So in other words who has the most trophies.

Like i said you're the biggest plastic of them all.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I see a child is on a keyboard. Glory hunting “fan”.
He is, he admitted a while back he only "supports" United cause of trophies.

Few more years without one and he will be slipping off west to Anfield.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
@Crustanoid With all due respect mate, take a timeout and step away from your phone. Watch the Euros or something. No need to be in here chucking insults at everyone.

Crustanoid

Insulting another member
@Crustanoid judging by your last 2 pages of most recent posts, I think you need to destress. Have a nice relaxing bath and go wash those legs of yours.
I cant believe how plastic one teams fans can be. You take the biscuit. feck off and never darken the doors of actual football again. Plastic oil fueled murder-enabler.

Status
Not open for further replies.