Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully tuchel get his preferred players two or may be three. But no one has a clue who they are except may be haaland. But not sure how Chelsea will land him if Dortmund not letting him go.

Yes vvd is back Liverpool have another defender who can they count on but nobody knows how fit he can be. Liverpool will be city s closest rivals if Liverpool produce the output they had in cl winning season and pl winning season. But that's not going to happen because those point tallies are unique historically.

Especially players constantly playing without rest at top of the table will only benifit mid table teams.

For me city are favourites to win the title again. Closest challengers man utd after they signed Sancho. It will change relatively how summer transfers will be concluded.
City are clear frontrunners. Liverpool and we have a chance. United? Player wise yes, but to rob a phrase DT used for us last year, in the context of winning the title United haven't upgraded that one position, their manager.

If they pull Conte then all bets are off.

Wal

Supports
Chelsea
The front three should contribute more in terms of goal scoring (i doubt Haaland wii happen this year). A defensive midfielder cannot be the highest goalscorer for the team challenging for the title. I hope to see more long shots from Kai Mount pulisic and ziyech and even james

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Beat Peterborough 6-1 in the first pre-season game that just finished.

Loads of players missing as you can imagine and a ton of changes at half time.

Goal scorers were Tammy, Pulisic, Broja and a Ziyech hatrick.
Thanks!! I would take shaky cell phone coverage on youtube if it existed!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The front three should contribute more in terms of goal scoring (i doubt Haaland wii happen this year). A defensive midfielder cannot be the highest goalscorer for the team challenging for the title. I hope to see more long shots from Kai Mount pulisic and ziyech and even james
Doubt you'll be seeing more long shots. Not really a stylistic device favored by Tuchel if I'm not mistaken. Statistically speaking they're rather ineffective so not really popular anymore among German coaches, at least if the player isn't right on the edge of the box.

King Kay

Supports
Chelsea
Beat Peterborough 6-1 in the first pre-season game that just finished.

Loads of players missing as you can imagine and a ton of changes at half time.

Goal scorers were Tammy, Pulisic, Broja and a Ziyech hatrick.
Alright could they just hand us the fecking treble already!

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
City are clear frontrunners. Liverpool and we have a chance. United? Player wise yes, but to rob a phrase DT used for us last year, in the context of winning the title United haven't upgraded that one position, their manager.

If they pull Conte then all bets are off.
I said in context that they are close challengers since they already signed Sancho.

Sancho may not alone win titles for them but they finished second last season comfortably,with him they can add few more points in my view. Nothing is sure though.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I said in context that they are close challengers since they already signed Sancho.

Sancho may not alone win titles for them but they finished second last season comfortably,with him they can add few more points in my view. Nothing is sure though.
If the title was won in the market we'd have pissed the league last season.

Ole has done decent in building a team which in turn means they will probably be comfortable top 4 for the foreseeable but I'd he amazed if he won a title.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea need to strengthen their midfield and striker options. Over reliance on kante jorginho will never give edge to chelsea in league and striker situation looked pathetic.
There’s no over reliance on those two. Kovacic played just as much. He was injured at the back end of last season and Gilmour featured instead. With Gilmour out on loan he will likely be replaced in the squad by Gallagher as the under 21 player and either Ruben or Barkley as the experienced player (think one is likely to leave).

Any sign of a striker coming in...? Don't see the Haaland links as remotely credible, no chance he goes same window as Sancho.
No and that’s why these rumours are completely credible. There’s literally no rumours. Clubs on lockdown mode and there’s no leaks whatsoever. This happens all the time when clubs are trying to negotiate a complex deal. Yes, I don’t think it’ll happen this summer but I’m absolutely sure they are working on it and it may backfire on us if we

I am in the minority but I don’t think Sancho will set the world alight. He might do well in his first game then go quiet and need adaptation. Remember German league makes Gnabry look good and Sancho tends to struggle playing in the England team. His first season will likely be similar to Pulisic for us.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There’s no over reliance on those two. Kovacic played just as much. He was injured at the back end of last season and Gilmour featured instead. With Gilmour out on loan he will likely be replaced in the squad by Gallagher as the under 21 player and either Ruben or Barkley as the experienced player (think one is likely to leave).

No and that’s why these rumours are completely credible. There’s literally no rumours. Clubs on lockdown mode and there’s no leaks whatsoever. This happens all the time when clubs are trying to negotiate a complex deal. Yes, I don’t think it’ll happen this summer but I’m absolutely sure they are working on it and it may backfire on us if we

I am in the minority but I don’t think Sancho will set the world alight. He might do well in his first game then go quiet and need adaptation. Remember German league makes Gnabry look good and Sancho tends to struggle playing in the England team. His first season will likely be similar to Pulisic for us.
"Make Gnabry look good"?

Gnabry is a very good player and played well against Chelsea in the CL in 2019/20. I think he could handle the PL easily.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

Yes I agree with you partially he may not set world alight but he is definite improvement on winger department compared to what they got last year. In that sense they will improve how much may be question.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Moses £4.5m
Giroud £1.5m
Tomori £26m
Guehi £15-20m (Rumoured)

Total £47-52m

Stacking up with i suspect plenty more to come
Updated:

Moses £4.5m
Giroud £1.5m
Tomori £26m
Guehi £18m
Ugbo £5m (Rumoured)

Total £55m

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not 100% sure what's happening with the loan rules but I think they're limiting the number so our traditional "loan army" might be a lot smaller.
Will be good for club if they sold now rather than waiting for rule to be implemented. I think the rule have no issue with academy players being loaned out but players bought from other clubs.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Will be good for club if they sold now rather than waiting for rule to be implemented. I think the rule have no issue with academy players being loaned out but players bought from other clubs.
IIRC the changes are about foreign players but does not effect homegrown. They are still putting it together so who knows what the final draft will be?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Updated:

Moses £4.5m
Giroud £1.5m
Tomori £26m
Guehi £18m
Ugbo £5m (Rumoured)

Total £55m
I'm still a bit upset about the Guehi one. Will get over it eventually. It looks like we're trimming the squad this summer so hopefully some more fringe players that aren't just academy players can be sold too. I'm thinking Zappacosta, Baba Rahman, Emerson or Alonso, Barkley etc.

£55m so far is quite a decent haul.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I'm still a bit upset about the Guehi one. Will get over it eventually. It looks like we're trimming the squad this summer so hopefully some more fringe players that aren't just academy players can be sold too. I'm thinking Zappacosta, Baba Rahman, Emerson or Alonso, Barkley etc.

£55m so far is quite a decent haul.
Yet chelsea still sell few more players. Bate is latest to move away from the club. Won't rule out Tammy,Emerson,zappacosta,Barkley, loftuscheek sales.75 - 100 mn worth value there.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Yet chelsea still sell few more players. Bate is latest to move away from the club. Won't rule out Tammy,Emerson,zappacosta,Barkley, loftuscheek sales.75 - 100 mn worth value there.
I think the wages we pay is the major thing holding sales up. When you look at what our fringe players are on it probably puts off a lot of clubs

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bate I can handle. He's a great talent but he has several academy graduates ahead of him let alone the experienced winners we've paid a lot of money for. Leeds is a great move for him.

I'm less thrilled about Peart-Harris and Livramento, especially the latter. I can understand some of them wanting to leave if they can't see a pathway into the first team. It's the reason we had to let Lamptey go. I'm not sure what is going on at the club, but to lose so many high profile, extremely talented lads all at once doesn't really paint a great picture.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Bate I can handle. He's a great talent but he has several academy graduates ahead of him let alone the experienced winners we've paid a lot of money for. Leeds is a great move for him.

I'm less thrilled about Peart-Harris and Livramento, especially the latter. I can understand some of them wanting to leave if they can't see a pathway into the first team. It's the reason we had to let Lamptey go. I'm not sure what is going on at the club, but to lose so many high profile, extremely talented lads all at once doesn't really paint a great picture.

At this moment in time I'm the opposite. Bate has a Bellingham potential ceiling for me while Peart Harris unfortunately has too many players ahead of him.

Livra I'm waiting to see what our long term formation is, if it's back four then he probably wasn't getting in anyway but a back 3 then (unless Sterling springs a major surprise) then....

Hopefully this is more a case of them wanting immediate first team minutes as opposed to anything behind the scenes (meaning we will/should be able to get them back if they become the business, all be it at a cost).

Broja commiting was a timely boost, hopefully Soonsup Bell will follow suit next year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
At this moment in time I'm the opposite. Bate has a Bellingham potential ceiling for me while Peart Harris unfortunately has too many players ahead of him.

Livra I'm waiting to see what our long term formation is, if it's back four then he probably wasn't getting in anyway but a back 3 then (unless Sterling springs a major surprise) then....

Hopefully this is more a case of them wanting immediate first team minutes as opposed to anything behind the scenes (meaning we will/should be able to get them back if they become the business, all be it at a cost).

Broja commiting was a timely boost, hopefully Soonsup Bell will follow suit next year.
I hear you on Bate and Peart-Harris, they do kind of play in a similar area of the pitch and on reflection Peart-Harris likely has the same number of players in front of him as Bate. If we ignore the expensive imports for a second, we already have Mount well established as one of the most important players at the club, and we're waiting to see what Tuchel can do with Conor Gallagher. There's also Loftus-Cheek who could potentially impress Tuchel enough this preseason to want to keep him around. But having said all of that, the 3 players we're talking about are only 18. I don't see why there is such a rush to make a permanent decision right now. Send them on loan and let's judge the lay of the land when they return.

Gallagher is the kind of player I can understand maybe letting go if the pathway into the team is complicated. He's 21, and he's done his time in the loan system and is at a kind of a crossroads. My preference is to keep him and let him be the 4th guy rotating with Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante, but I can understand if he wants more consistent playing time to maybe find a way into the England squad.

Livramento I'd keep at all costs. He's too precious to let go. If we sell him to a PL club now, he'll either be at a rival club within 2 seasons or we'll end up paying a huge amount to bring him back.

Last edited:

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Moses £4.5m
Giroud £1.5m
Tomori £26m
Guehi £18m
Ugbo £5m (Rumoured)
Bate £1.5m (Rumoured)

Total £56.5m

All above fees are quoted without any add ons

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
They're all "rumoured" fees apart from Moses and Tomori (who had release clauses), right?
Most transfer fees are educated guesswork to be honest, it's just that the above two deals haven't been completed yet and don't have many sources so I've used the word rumoured to differentiate.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Who is Guehi and how did you manage to get 18m for him? Wow. We're struggling to get 20m for Lingard (admittedly high wages playing a massive factor).
21 year old, highly rated English centre back who had been at Chelsea since under 8 level.

He was on loan at Swansea last season.

His contract at Chelsea was ending in 2022 and he didn't want to extend just to go on loan again so Chelsea cashed in rather than lose him for nothing next year.

With Lingard, it's not just the wages but also his age, there's not much sell on value as he's 29 in a few months.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Who is Guehi and how did you manage to get 18m for him? Wow. We're struggling to get 20m for Lingard (admittedly high wages playing a massive factor).
He played against United in the league cup (the Rashford free kick game).

Ish

Lights on for Luke
21 year old, highly rated English centre back who had been at Chelsea since under 8 level.

He was on loan at Swansea last season.

His contract at Chelsea was ending in 2022 and he didn't want to extend just to go on loan again so Chelsea cashed in rather than lose him for nothing next year.

With Lingard, it's not just the wages but also his age, there's not much sell on value as he's 29 in a few months.
He played against United in the league cup (the Rashford free kick game).
Thanks guys, especially for that thorough feedback @duffer. Geez, for some reason i thought Lingard was "only" 27 - and no, that's not the usual Caf attempt at the Lingard is "young and learning" joke!

But still, England international who had a bumper good loan at WHU, at an age in his prime - we should be able to get 20m for him quite easily (unless the paper rounds are correct and we're holding out for 30m!).

You've been fairly good at your sales though, no doubt. And we're notoriously not so good at our sales, partly due to handing out decent contracts on good wages.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I hear you on Bate and Peart-Harris, they do kind of play in a similar area of the pitch and on reflection Peart-Harris likely has the same number of players in front of him as Bate. If we ignore the expensive imports for a second, we already have Mount well established as one of the most important players at the club, and we're waiting to see what Tuchel can do with Conor Gallagher. There's also Loftus-Cheek who could potentially impress Tuchel enough this preseason to want to keep him around. But having said all of that, the 3 players we're talking about are only 18. I don't see why there is such a rush to make a permanent decision right now. Send them on loan and let's judge the lay of the land when they return.

Gallagher is the kind of player I can understand maybe letting go if the pathway into the team is complicated. He's 21, and he's done his time in the loan system and is at a kind of a crossroads. My preference is to keep him and let him be the 4th guy rotating with Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante, but I can understand if he wants more consistent playing time to maybe find a way into the England squad.

Livramento I'd keep at all costs. He's too precious to let go. If we sell him to a PL club now, he'll either be at a rival club within 2 seasons or we'll end up paying a huge amount to bring him back.
Livramento most likely next to move away from club. Brighton ready to make a move and player happy with that. It's really sad tuchel not able to convince him.

Board tried to bring hakimi but let livramento go has no logic. Ofcourse Hakimi at his peak but chelsea not needed hakimi since Reece performed very well in his role. Dujon sterling will be back up for azpi/Reece it seems. Hope he will be good.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Livramento most likely next to move away from club. Brighton ready to make a move and player happy with that. It's really sad tuchel not able to convince him.

Board tried to bring hakimi but let livramento go has no logic. Ofcourse Hakimi at his peak but chelsea not needed hakimi since Reece performed very well in his role. Dujon sterling will be back up for azpi/Reece it seems. Hope he will be good.
Sad times man.

It'll be fun to watch him move to City or United in two years.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel had a very long look at Livramento with the starting team last year, something didn’t click. With how much Tuchel likes developing players, it is difficult to get upset about Livramento moving on.

Another thing to consider with academy players that are ready to move up to a first team, they may look at the average age of our club and their contract length and understand that if this core of players gel into a cohesive unit, it is going to be quite a few years to break through.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Tuchel had a very long look at Livramento with the starting team last year, something didn’t click. With how much Tuchel likes developing players, it is difficult to get upset about Livramento moving on.

Another thing to consider with academy players that are ready to move up to a first team, they may look at the average age of our club and their contract length and understand that if this core of players gel into a cohesive unit, it is going to be quite a few years to break through.
The club have offered Tino a new contract so they want to keep him.

He just doesn't think he will get into the team anytime soon ahead of James or CHO at wing back or Azpi or James at right back and he's right.

Bad timing with James and CHO in front of him for RB and right WB.

Obviously a shame to see him go but what are we going to do, drop James?

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
The other thing to consider is that the vast majority of youth prospects don't go on to be world class. I think some people expect every talent to go on to be incredible, i can think of at least 10 players who were the 'next X'.

It's annoying we're losing a few youngsters for low fees but you never know what's going to happen to these players after they move. We're essentially losing one of our many raffle tickets, it may be the winning one, but likely not.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I understand we can't bring through every good prospect in the academy, especially when their position is filled by other academy graduates, it's kind of like what do you want the club to do, but these kids are only 18. I know I got lost in the sauce a bit with the news of Guehi leaving but he's 21 and that's an age I fully get being concerned about playing time.

Anyway, if the players are the ones making the decision to leave then cool, I suppose the club's hands are tied.

Last edited:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
The club have offered Tino a new contract so they want to keep him.

He just doesn't think he will get into the team anytime soon ahead of James or CHO at wing back or Azpi or James at right back and he's right.

Bad timing with James and CHO in front of him for RB and right WB.

Obviously a shame to see him go but what are we going to do, drop James?
Chelsea academy now started to produce some very good players. Of course you can't give all of them first team opportunities.

Hope chelsea have buy back or sell on clause for highly rated players.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The other thing to consider is that the vast majority of youth prospects don't go on to be world class. I think some people expect every talent to go on to be incredible, i can think of at least 10 players who were the 'next X'.

It's annoying we're losing a few youngsters for low fees but you never know what's going to happen to these players after they move. We're essentially losing one of our many raffle tickets, it may be the winning one, but likely not.
Certainly been a few who have been overrated based on a decent loan in a poorer league, bar the exception. But its fact of modern football, you cant keep them all they will inevitably want to go, and so be it.

People need to realise there will never be more than a handful of kids in the first team picture regularly at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.