Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Oh, nice for you guys!

So If Chelsea buy him for £100 mil, they'll owe you possibly up to half of that (given what they already owe).
It will be on profit. So if they sell him for 100 million then percentage on 25 million profit they will make. Not sure what percent it is, even if it's 25%, it's not that much in grand scheme of things.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
He’d be 33 years, assuming that a usual 5 year, 90-100 million deal is prepared for Lukaku - that is a resale value for a grand total of zero pounds at the end of his contract,

I don’t think Chelsea are that desperate, are they - especially that Lukaku has repeatedly failed at English clubs, has a history of injuries, has glaring technical limitations, and is fat.
That is my thinking as well.
My advice would be to walk away from it. Even 86 are too much for my liking.
As good as Lukaku is, he has been terrible at winning things with a club.

With regard to the bold text - that's a very extreme take, don't you think?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It feels like Chelsea have been trying to buy Lukaku for the last 10 years... And yes I'm including the time he actually belonged to them.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I think Inter would accept 120-130m euros, but I'm not so convinced Lukaku will leave, tbh. I'm still skeptical and think he may actually turn the move down.

But we just need someone who will score the chances which Werner really should have, and although I'd obviously prefer Haaland, i think Lukaku would do just that. (if he joined)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
All joshing aside Lukaku would do well for Chelsea, he's obviously got glaring weaknesses in his game but he's a flat track bully and won't miss the sitters the Chelsea attacking players have been known for over the last 12 months

He could be the difference between them scrapping for 4th again or putting up a title challenge

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
With the VAR changes to offside coming in, Werner is going to get 20+ league goals for sure.
Only if it starts giving goals for shots off target

roonster09

Scout
Do we get all the money Inter owe us for Big Rom or do we still get the instalment plan we agreed the deal upon?
This transfer won't change a thing. We would have agreed installments and payment dates, we will get accordingly.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think Inter would accept 120-130m euros, but I'm not so convinced Lukaku will leave, tbh. I'm still skeptical and think he may actually turn the move down.

But we just need someone who will score the chances which Werner really should have, and although I'd obviously prefer Haaland, i think Lukaku would do just that. (if he joined)
If we're OK with paying those figures for Lukaku, then there's no reason to not go all in on Haaland.

It doesn't make any sense to me to balk at the sums involved in the Haaland deal, if we're just going to pay a fee in the same ballpark for an inferior and much older player.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If we're OK with paying those figures for Lukaku, then there's no reason to not go all in on Haaland.

It doesn't make any sense to me to balk at the sums involved in the Haaland deal, if we're just going to pay a fee in the same ballpark for an inferior and much older player.
Perhaps Haaland isn't interested or wants insane wages?

Infra-red

You can't get Haaland till next summer, whereas you can get the inferior version with terrible ball control for a figure north of £100m right now (and rule yourself out of the running for Haaland next summer in the process)! It's a great deal.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Better go away from Lukaku. He is not worth that much. If Abraham wanted to move just get loan move for greizman.

Wait for next summer for striker move till then improve midfield and defense.

Cho, pulisic ,ziyech, mount and havertz will be expected to deliver better from the start so scoring goals may not be a big problem like last season. Werner almost like toss the coin right now. I hope he will deliver when he is needed.

My biggest worry is midfield. If any one injured or suspended from three(kante,jorginho,kovasic) or needed rest, chelsea are too thin to rotate in that circumstances with out drop in quality.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Perhaps Haaland isn't interested or wants insane wages?
Lukaku's wages will likely also be in the same ballpark if we're signing him for more than 100m. It could very well be that Haaland isn't interested though.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You can't get Haaland till next summer, whereas you can get the inferior version with terrible ball control for a figure north of £100m right now (and rule yourself out of the running for Haaland next summer in the process)! It's a great deal.
Yeah, no. The more I think about it, the more I hate it.

Irwin99

Thought Chelsea would be a bit busier this summer after an excellent finish to last season. Don't think they have enough to win the league as it is but top 4 should be easy enough.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Lukaku for £100m would be up there with Kepa for £72m or that Summer they spent £200m on players like Drinkwater, Morata, Bakayoko etc.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
€100M plus Alonso is absolute highway robbery to be honest. What is even more shocking then paying that much for Lukaku is Inter declining it. They must know Chelsea are cornered here and theyre making them pay through their teeth.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
€100M plus Alonso is absolute highway robbery to be honest. What is even more shocking then paying that much for Lukaku is Inter declining it. They must know Chelsea are cornered here and theyre making them pay through their teeth.
You do know Inter just won the title for the first time in a long while, right? If they sell their main striker now (and probably Lautaro too), they're basically handing the title back to juve before the season even starts.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Haaland must not have wanted Chelsea or Chelsea balked at the price.

Lukaku will be a good signing if you pull it off, although I am not looking forward to the obvious slagging off of united that will come. :lol:

JuriM

Haaland must not have wanted Chelsea or Chelsea balked at the price.

Lukaku will be a good signing if you pull it off, although I am not looking forward to the obvious slagging off of united that will come. :lol:
As insane as Chelsea spending at times seems, direct 175m+ for Haaland is even too much for them.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
But then you can ask why aren’t they waiting until next summer?
This is Chelsea, they live in the moment, not for the future. I’d bet anything Tuchel wont be there longer then 2 years.

You do know Inter just won the title for the first time in a long while, right? If they sell their main striker now (and probably Lautaro too), they're basically handing the title back to juve before the season even starts.
They still need money though. Could always keep Lautaro and sell Lukaku.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
This is Chelsea, they live in the moment, not for the future. I’d bet anything Tuchel wont be there longer then 2 years.

They still need money though. Could always keep Lautaro and sell Lukaku.
I'll be surprised if he is still alive in two years' time with Lukaku as his CF. Watching his first touch in his system makes me think there is a high probability of him having a stroke.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I'll be surprised if he is still alive in two years' time with Lukaku as his CF. Watching his first touch in his system makes me think there is a high probability of him having a stroke.
There is nothing worse than watching timo in front of goal in my opinion. Tuchel coped with that and won champions league with him too. How bad Lukaku s first touch may be he will still score goals though.

Chelsea lacked physical presence up front since Costa left. Defenders didn't need to worry about physical aspects when Chelsea played them. If Lukaku signed he will give that dimension too.He is always good in running through channels with his pace. Underwhelming yes but if he signed I will fully back him to score 15 plus goals.

With the chances chelsea created and conceded other than bayern nobody performed better than chelsea in Europe's big 5 league since February.

With or without Lukaku chelsea will challenge for league without a doubt. Chelsea have very tough fixtures at the start. I think chelsea will come with 14 points from 18. Very exciting season ahead.Come on champions of europe.

Last edited:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If we do get Lukaku, I just hope he is hungry....not hungry like when he was at Man Utd and got large, but hungry to prove he is a top CF.

Tony247

Chelsea's transfer strategy of recent years baffles me. Seems they are throwing money around everywhere and collecting average to good players on premium. But hardly getting great additions in their starting 11. They can literally field 2 good teams - which is good for the depth - but not one great team. City, United and Pool on the other hand have been shrewd.

Tony247

If we do get Lukaku, I just hope he is hungry....not hungry like when he was at Man Utd and got large, but hungry to prove he is a top CF.
I don't see majority chelsea fans are excited for lukaku.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Chelsea's transfer strategy of recent years baffles me. Seems they are throwing money around everywhere and collecting average to good players on premium. But hardly getting great additions in their starting 11. They can literally field 2 good teams - which is good for the depth - but not one great team. City, United and Pool on the other hand have been shrewd.
We started all 5 of the players we bought in the summer in the CL final. I don't get posts like this.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Must be one of the guys that actually really like Lukaku. Do I think he'd be worth £100M...defo not sure about that, do I think he's a very good forward now he's in shape & motivated, very much so!

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I don't see majority chelsea fans are excited for lukaku.
I have seen a shift in the last 24 hours. The majority of those fans do not pay attention to Serie A. Lukaku will do us a lot of good. I am very excited.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Shrewd?

Telles, VDB and Dan James have all been (at best) "meh". Half this forum also wants AVB replaced (I think he's great).

Maguire and Bruno have been the only signings you've made for a while that have been 100% "hits".

Liverpool have bought Minamino, Thiago and whoever the feck Konstantinos Tsimikas is. All shit, only Jota is a good signing for them in the last couple of years.

Man City in the last couple of years are also fairly hit and miss. Dias is a hit, Ake not so much. Cancelo and Rodri cost £60 million each and both were benched for the biggest game in their history.

Transfers are always a gamble, even the likes of Fergie has a ton of "misses".

roonster09

Scout
Shrewd?

Telles, VDB and Dan James have all been (at best) "meh". Half this forum also wants AVB replaced (I think he's great).

Maguire and Bruno have been the only signings you've made for a while that have been 100% "hits".

Liverpool have bought Minamino, Thiago and whoever the feck Konstantinos Tsimikas is. All shit, only Jota is a good signing for them in the last couple of years.

Man City in the last couple of years are also fairly hit and miss. Dias is a hit, Ake not so much. Cancelo and Rodri cost £60 million each and both were benched for the biggest game in their history.

I think it's impossible for ManUtd to replace AVB.

Tony247

Shrewd?

Telles never joined as default starting 11 over Shaw but he is a good squad option. I would not write off VdB just yet, but for the sake of argumemt I will give that you. James yes, not a hit for sure. Then we have AWB, Varane, Cavani and Sancho. All give strong starting 11. So, I would say majority recent signings are shrewdly chosen. Of course not everyone will be 100% hit. But looking at Chelsea their transfer is just crazy. Drinkwater, Kepa, Zappacosta, Barkley, Emerson, Chilwell, Werner, Ziyech, Bakayoko (did I miss anyone?) ...that is more than 300m worth of investment down the drain since last 4 years. And add to that I am not convinced by Havertz as well to justify 70+m price tag. This is just wasteful spending.

United were just like that. But since Ole signed we have become more careful and spending penny wisely, relatively speaking.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Chilwell, Werner, and Ziyech are all contributing. Not sure if people are actually watching Chelsea?

Status
Not open for further replies.