Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Get the summer window open and overhaul this squad. Christ it needs it. When TT said he is rebuilding the squad this window, he wasnt wrong.

Will take 2 or 3 windows, but he is correct

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Get the summer window open and overhaul this squad. Christ it needs it. When TT said he is rebuilding the squad this window, he wasnt wrong.

Will take 2 or 3 windows, but he is correct
You make it sound like we are as bad as United. I think a lot of the players are done this season and are simply looking forward to a break. In terms of personnel, we need a replacement for Rudiger and we need to deal with Pulisic and Lukaku. If we could replace those 3 then we would be fine for next season.

There’s smaller priorities such as Alonso. Silva and dare I say it, Kante. That can be looked at when the need arises. The base of our squad is fine.

Kag

They’ve had a shit season, haven’t they?

It’s sort of gone unnoticed in our world given how cataclysmically bad we’ve been.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

It’s sort of gone unnoticed in our world given how cataclysmically bad we’ve been.
In the league, yeah bit underwhelming. But going all the way to the final in both domestic comps only losing on pens in both finals is a pretty good season for me.

Josh 76

Would Love Utd to have a season like they did.
(But not lose to them feckers in the final)

TheReligion

Abusive

It’s been below par for them yep. Don’t say it too loud though as the natives get upset. Plenty of work to do in the summer. Going to be interesting.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
You make it sound like we are as bad as United. I think a lot of the players are done this season and are simply looking forward to a break. In terms of personnel, we need a replacement for Rudiger and we need to deal with Pulisic and Lukaku. If we could replace those 3 then we would be fine for next season.

There’s smaller priorities such as Alonso. Silva and dare I say it, Kante. That can be looked at when the need arises. The base of our squad is fine.
That squad needs work mate. It doesn't need 2 or 3 and its sorted. My list of players who id make available for sale, would be at least 8 or 9 long. Not all in window, of course

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Losing the finals was not good.... Two minor European / World trophies though. League has been ok, we hoped Lukaku would make a bigger difference.

The main thing is the sale goes through so the club doesn't fold in June!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think Tuchel sees a future for him. He could end up being sold because he does not fit into Tuchel ball. There is no denying his talent.
He's the one player who really got fecked up with the lockdown. I know it was only two games but he looked at an absolute game changer against Liverpool and Everton.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What do you see his level at currently?
For me his absolute ceiling is something like James Ward-Prouse though without the devastating set-pieces. Someone who will get stuck in defensively but will always be limited by physical deficiencies, but is a solid to above average mid-table PL player for a long time given his comfort on the ball and range of passing.

Almost 100% though he needs to play in a pivot. If he went to Italy where there's less pressing perhaps he could function as a sole 6 but in the PL I don't think that's viable.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
For me his absolute ceiling is something like James Ward-Prouse though without the devastating set-pieces. Someone who will get stuck in defensively but will always be limited by physical deficiencies, but is a solid to above average mid-table PL player for a long time given his comfort on the ball and range of passing.

Almost 100% though he needs to play in a pivot. If he went to Italy where there's less pressing perhaps he could function as a sole 6 but in the PL I don't think that's viable.
Cheers for the reply. Reason I'm asking is I've seen him linked with a move back up to Rangers, & trying to work out if there's any chance of it.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Cheers for the reply. Reason I'm asking is I've seen him linked with a move back up to Rangers, & trying to work out if there's any chance of it.
Hah always glad to interject my opinion!

I think he could do very well going back to Rangers for a year - frankly I think he's a better player at this moment than Aaron Ramsey (granted they play slightly different roles). What he needs most of all is minutes - I still don't fully understand what went on during his year at Norwich under Farke.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Hah always glad to interject my opinion!

I think he could do very well going back to Rangers for a year - frankly I think he's a better player at this moment than Aaron Ramsey (granted they play slightly different roles). What he needs most of all is minutes - I still don't fully understand what went on during his year at Norwich under Farke.
We'd take him in a heartbeat, it would just be if the move is actually feasible. I think he's going into his last year of his contract, but we'd still struggle to pay a big fee, unless Chelsea sold him for a lesser fee with a buyback clause again like they've done a few times recently.

Also, I'm not sure if he would want to come back to Scotland, we'd struggle to match his wage, but his family are Rangers daft and I'm thinking that he might not have been enamered by the experience of playing for a lower level team in the EPL and would fancy being back playing for a more dominant team again with European football. He'd be the natural successor to Steve Davis in the base of midfield.

Plus, he's only 20, game time should be most important for him, plenty of time to move back down to England if he progresses.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
We'd take him in a heartbeat, it would just be if the move is actually feasible. I think he's going into his last year of his contract, but we'd still struggle to pay a big fee, unless Chelsea sold him for a lesser fee with a buyback clause again like they've done a few times recently.

Also, I'm not sure if he would want to come back to Scotland, we'd struggle to match his wage, but his family are Rangers daft and I'm thinking that he might not have been enamered by the experience of playing for a lower level team in the EPL and would fancy being back playing for a more dominant team again with European football. He'd be the natural successor to Steve Davis in the base of midfield.

Plus, he's only 20, game time should be most important for him, plenty of time to move back down to England if he progresses.
Yeah can't see us trying to get one over on Rangers in terms of an extortionate fee to be honest. If it is a loan I'm sure he'd sign an extension before going - as has been our MO of late. Would still expect him to get a look-in during preseason though, which might complicate things.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Rudiger,christensen and possibly azpilcueta and alonso too.That's huge worthy talents as well as experience.Now have to sign the replacements in defense but also refresh the squad as well. Need 150 mn worth signings.If lukaku and werner also moving on then we are looking for completely new defense and attack with injury prone midfield we need to completely rebuild.

Last edited:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
With City’s win yesterday, it means that the City project moves to 6 PL titles, overtaking Chelsea’s 5, and therefore the leader in terms of sugar daddy clubs. Although with their two CL wins, Chelsea have obviously done much better since their takeover when compared to City.

I genuinely thought the 2010s would see more of City and Chelsea competing for titles but Chelsea have fallen away recently (and I don’t think there’s been a title with these two competing to the end).

With Newcastle now at the table, and new owners for Chelsea, who knows what the next few years have in store.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Another trophy in the bag. What a season.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
With City’s win yesterday, it means that the City project moves to 6 PL titles, overtaking Chelsea’s 5, and therefore the leader in terms of sugar daddy clubs. Although with their two CL wins, Chelsea have obviously done much better since their takeover when compared to City.

I genuinely thought the 2010s would see more of City and Chelsea competing for titles but Chelsea have fallen away recently (and I don’t think there’s been a title with these two competing to the end).

With Newcastle now at the table, and new owners for Chelsea, who knows what the next few years have in store.
We love this club for being competitive in all possible competition to win. We are not claiming we are the best.When we first won the trophy in roman era arsenal were invincible. Then united became great we won against them too. Then city/united became champions we won after that too twice.

Nothing to worry about city/liverpool dominance as a chelsea fan. We will come back and win again.We won cl in city s dominant era by defeating them in final.

But league is totally different. Consistently you have to beat lesser teams which will give you enough mileage in long run .We need that consistency in league to win.

We struggled to overcome December congested period as well as end of season fixtures for past five seasons. It became a bad routine for us. We need to overcome that and sure it won't be easy. Hope next season we will finally overcome that and challenge the top 2.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
What do you see his level at currently?
He'd do well back at Rangers, perhaps even with Lamps at Everton. But generally a Palace, Soton, Leeds, Newcastle, Fulham etc kind of level. ... Just not a top 4 player IMO and by that i mean he isnt of the level to play week in week out for City, Utd, Spurs, Pool, Chelsea etc. He is good though, and did very well when we played him, for some reason though Norwich fans think he is total shite. Weird lot.

If i was offered 10m or over id let him go. Not sure id loan him again. I think of all the loanees tipped to maybe come back and challenge, Gilmour and Ampadu are the most likely to go

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good job it’s from 2021 as I feel the reputation poll will have taken a huge hit this year due to RA, Russia and Ukraine!
Boehly's barmy army will bring this trophy back to its rightful owners in 2023 :D

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
The loan didn’t work out. Added to the list with Maniche, Quaresma, Paim etc but seems like a decent guy. I definitely have no negativity towards him, could have cried and pushed to go home but stuck it out like a professional. Hoped next season is better for him.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The loan didn’t work out. Added to the list with Maniche, Quaresma, Paim etc but seems like a decent guy. I definitely have no negativity towards him, could have cried and pushed to go home but stuck it out like a professional. Hoped next season is better for him.
Maniche, now there was a disappointment, had a good Euros and scored some belters

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Who?

Had to google him. How the hell do you remember a random player we had on loan for 4 months 15 years ago who appeared in 0 games? :lol:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Who?

Had to google him. How the hell do you remember a random player we had on loan for 4 months 15 years ago who appeared in 0 games? :lol:
I also remember a South African CB from Vialli's days and he never kicked a ball either, Pierre Issa. haha ive no idea how the hell we remember them

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Who?

Haha :lol:
Was thinking the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.