Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansk

Ten games left and they have United, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Newcastle, Brentford and Brighton coming up. Genuine chance they'll lose literally all of those games. While it remains very unlikely that Chelsea would get relegated, they might not be far from it by the end.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Europe looks gone and the money from it, that's the problem. Season has been a disaster from all aspects...

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
They should just sack him, now.

He’s Moyes mark 2.

Managers like that have no business in top clubs and though I don’t really like Chelsea, it bothers me that Potter is doing such a crap job there. It bothers me that he even got the job.

Managers should earn top jobs, his level is somewhere like Leicester, where I could see him doing a good job.

crossy1686

career ending

He’s Moyes mark 2.

Managers like that have no business in top clubs and though I don’t really like Chelsea, it bothers me that Potter is doing such a crap job there. It bothers me that he even got the job.

Managers should earn top jobs, his level is somewhere like Leicester, where I could see him doing a good job.
Tottenham is his spiritual home

mu4c_20le

I'm a little worried they might actually see the light and get Nagelsmann. They might actually go somewhere. Hopefully Boehly digs in...

Chief123

Europe looks gone and the money from it, that's the problem. Season has been a disaster from all aspects...
I think the money had gone when £600m was blown in the summer. You genuinely couldn’t tell this team made any improvements in the summer.

The Dane

Missing out on Europa League must be a huge blow. Not only do they miss out on the revenue but it might also be the easiest way to gain a CL spot in 24/25

mu4c_20le

They are lucky Palace went on a 7 game losing streak or there would be danger of falling below 12th.

Eplel

Missing out on Europa League must be a huge blow. Not only do they miss out on the revenue but it might also be the easiest way to gain a CL spot in 24/25
Yeah, but maybe they can win Intertoto next year.

RedDevilRoshi

Or it could be a blessing in disguise for them like how they missed out on qualifying for Europe in 15/16 but then won the title the following season as they only had one game a week to deal with and we’re able to field a consistent team every week.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

He’s Moyes mark 2.

How would one go about earning a top job? I’m guessing spending 3 years developing Brighton into the high flying team they are this season isn’t enough, so what would be enough?

podurban2

How would one go about earning a top job? I’m guessing spending 3 years developing Brighton into the high flying team they are this season isn’t enough, so what would be enough?
Managing a top team for at least one season.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
His work at Brighton is overrated due to the fantastic system they have in place coupled with very low expectations - Di Zerbi is bettering him already and I’m not giving him credit for what Di Zerbi is doing. It’s a completely different way of playing that DZ has installed - hence they’re actually scoring shit loads of goals now…

Potter had what, 1 top half finish in the PL…? In his entire career. Something like that, right?

That’s not enough, imo, to take over Chelsea FC. Maybe you think differently, but essentially I think more of Chelsea than that.

He deserved a shot at a Leicester or at most a Spurs (where he would also have failed imo).

It’s blatantly obvious he’s a level below a manager like Emery.

Chelsea should sack him now.

His tinkering and in game management is utterly infuriating and shit and he’ll never be able to handle big players.

Imagine him dealing with Ronaldo like ETH did ffs.

Just another vastly overrated English manager who’s been shown to be way beneath the level required. I’m English btw, so no bias there, it just annoys me to see huge jobs wasted on managers who clearly aren’t up to it.

bringbackbebe

New title "Everything Was Fine"
Chelsea are a team in transition. The only reason why they're losing games is because they haven't had a proper pre season for Potter to work with the players. Next year, all they need is just a striker to convert XG into goals....actually 6 world class forwards to replace their entire forward line, 3 left backs (Cucurella leaving counts as 1 extra), 2 goalkeepers, a backup for Reece, and a couple of midfielders..also a couple of center backs, 3 defensive wide players and Franz Beckenbaur, who Boehly saw in a video recently. There'll be nothing stopping them from winning the league, fa cup, league cup, the champions league, Europa league, conference league and the 2024 European championships.

Everything IS fine.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Ten games left and they have United, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Newcastle, Brentford and Brighton coming up. Genuine chance they'll lose literally all of those games. While it remains very unlikely that Chelsea would get relegated, they might not be far from it by the end.
In recent years relegation has been around the 35 points mark.

We'd have to lose almost every game (which we won't do due to our defensive record alone) and around 5/6 teams to have midtable form from now for us to even look like we've got close to it, very highly unlikely.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
29 goals in 29 games, pretty obvious what the problem is.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
29 goals in 29 games, pretty obvious what the problem is.
Right, defensively we are still the 4th best team for GA and that’s with Kepa and Mendy..

Felix is showing why I was opposed to his transfer. Great player but not what we need. Just a better, more skillful Havertz. At this point I wouldn’t be against bringing Kakkers back under the right manager who can correct the man’s mindset like Conte did at Inter. Otherwise there’s very few possible alternatives available. Dearth of talent in the striker position right now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Forgetting the pending betting suspension, would Chelsea fans take Toney?

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
They got a £95m striker out on loan and they cant score goals.

Just bring Lukaku back. Basket case of a club

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Forgetting the pending betting suspension, would Chelsea fans take Toney?
Certainly, he’s not just a poacher who acts like a statue during the build up play. He’s an active part of how Brentford build their attacks. He’s very good.

They got a £95m striker out on loan and they cant score goals.

Just bring Lukaku back. Basket case of a club
Lukaku was doing everything he could to engineer a move away from Chelsea. He only scored 8 league goals last season and half of them were in the first 3 games of the season so not like we sent away some kind of prolific striker.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Certainly, he’s not just a poacher who acts like a statue during the build up play. He’s an active part of how Brentford build their attacks. He’s very good.

Lukaku was doing everything he could to engineer a move away from Chelsea. He only scored 8 league goals last season and half of them were in the first 3 games of the season so not like we sent away some kind of prolific striker.
Instead of having a very good joao Felix and a really shit Joao Felix (Havertz) playing upfront together . You could have Felix and lukaku, potentially explosive.

bringbackbebe

Kante seems driven as ever & adds a different dimension to their team, which none of their 600m purchases do. There were at least 4 attacks which he started purely on his strength and determination, including that donkey's handball disallowed goal. I truly hope he agrees a contract elsewhere and they spunk another 100m on some player from the Bulgarian league based on hype. If he's available, he could do a terrific job at United as well.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Instead of having a very good joao Felix and a really shit Joao Felix (Havertz) playing upfront together . You could have Felix and lukaku, potentially explosive.
You ignoring the part where Lukaku doesn't want to be at Chelsea. He pissed off a lot of people, including Tuchel, with his antics last season. And anyway, he's exactly the kind of striker I don't like. There's no chance we create as many chances as we are now with him clogging up passing lanes and trying to post up like Shaq every time we have the ball. No thanks.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, I'm just thinking in terms of HG, I'd probably take Toney as a first choice.
He would be a very good fit for us but I can imagine Brentford would do everything they can to not sell him their next door neighbours.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Thoughts Chelsea fans?

The suggestion I have seen is Lampard as the interim coach until the summer. I'm surprised he would be open to that but I would actually love that.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think a Lampard return would be a disaster so i'm all for it !
There's nothing left to play for realistically; they're not going all the way in the CL with a team that can't score so might as well wait for a real manager in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.