Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Tuchel getting sacked if you don’t improve this season

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
feck knows at the moment.
You must have heard something about what Tommy is looking to do this season based on your rumoured signings you mentioned in the other thread? You looking at Havertz being the focal point this season for example?

Cassidy

Sure.

Samesies for Ten Hag and almost every manager in the league.
Meh I think Ten Hag gets a pass this season knowing United. They wouldn't sack him next summer.

Where as I think some are starting to ask questions of Tuchel

Cassidy

If you aren't better than this past season, he's toast.
I doubt we’ll find out. But I doubt it. Overall play agree. Finishing 6th especially if United don’t get the market right doubt it

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You must have heard something about what Tommy is looking to do this season based on your rumoured signings you mentioned in the other thread? You looking at Havertz being the focal point this season for example?
There's loads of rumours about using the centre back situation as a chance to move to a back 4, playing with a false 9, moving James to CB, playing Mount deeper. It's all speculation, nobody apart from Tommy and his coaches has a clue.

Needham

What's already happened to Chelsea but they don't realize it yet

Needham

"Chelsea - The New Era"
What self-unaware shitery. You are on the precipice of a deep fall, back to your natural weight division. Next Everton. You'll be missed like lockdowns.

Needham

What's in store for the champions of the world?
On a Man Utd forum of course this isn't trolling at all...
At least spread the humourless troll posts out a bit. That's two on the first page now.
:lol::lol::lol:
They didn't bank on his other half being with him did they :lol:
So not that humourless.

But go on. Given the previous "era" will be forever associated with a oligarch Rushist, complicit or otherwise, why don't you tell us what's in store?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
New era of profitability...

Anyway, how long till there are enough US owners in the league to fundamentally change it?

Near impossible to both make money and be successful, they're not going to stand for that if there's a choice.

Tavern in the town

I don’t think it’s out of the realms of possibility they finish 5th next season. Their defence is down to the bare bones and I don’t rate any of their forwards.

Dorris

What are the expected signings this summer? I’ve read Kounde should be joining, but also Alonso and maybe Azpi will be leaving. That leaves you with Chilwell, Thiago and James as fully fledged senior defenders, with Chalobah and Sarr as backups. From what I’ve seen of those 2 they don’t seem to be up to starting for Chelsea, so I’d imagine you’d need 3 or 4 defenders this summer? Any youngsters set to make up the step up?
Guehi’s move to Palace has gone well for him but looking at how bare you are I bet he’s regretting getting itchy feet.

duffer

Scout
What are the expected signings this summer? I’ve read Kounde should be joining, but also Alonso and maybe Azpi will be leaving. That leaves you with Chilwell, Thiago and James as fully fledged senior defenders, with Chalobah and Sarr as backups. From what I’ve seen of those 2 they don’t seem to be up to starting for Chelsea, so I’d imagine you’d need 3 or 4 defenders this summer? Any youngsters set to make up the step up?
Guehi’s move to Palace has gone well for him but looking at how bare you are I bet he’s regretting getting itchy feet.
Interested to know what makes you think Chalobah isn't up to it? He started 15 games in the league and we didn't lose any of them. He was also good in the FA Cup final.

Dorris

Interested to know what makes you think Chalobah isn't up to it? He started 15 games in the league and we didn't lose any of them. He was also good in the FA Cup final.
Whenever I’ve watched him he seems slightly exposed to me, albeit I'm not an avid Chelsea watcher. Do you see him stepping up as first backup to the 3 CB’s this season, or even as first choice?

duffer

Scout
Whenever I’ve watched him he seems slightly exposed to me, albeit I'm not an avid Chelsea watcher. Do you see him stepping up as first backup to the 3 CB’s this season, or even as first choice?
I guess it comes down to who we sign but I really like Chalobah and would be happy for him to get a chance.

If it's Silva, Chalobah and Kounde as our starting three, I won't be upset but if it's Silva, Chalobah and Colwill (a promising Chelsea youngster) then I will be a bit nervous!

I'd 100% be happy with him as 4th choice if we're playing a back 3. I'd be annoyed if he's lower in the pecking order than that.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Hopefully a massive spend using borrowed money followed by administration when they can’t pay it back.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
duffer you better have clearer answers about Chelsea/Russia's tactical setup when Needham gets you in front of the Hague

tenpoless

New owners have spent billions. New owners want some money back. New owners won't be spending shitloads to improve the squad.
Simples.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I expect this is the beginning of Chelsea returning to the level they were at pre roman, under Gullit and vialli. Good team to have in the league, not really challenging for the highest honours. Bit like Tottenham.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I will be surprised if they spend every year. I seem to remember the mention of how shocking it was for american owners to realize that Football in Europe isn't as safe financially as it is to own a major league franchise.

Lee565

I read that Chelsea's new owner has been talking about having to being cautious about not breaking ffp rules and that they are getting even more tougher on it which seems like the owner is making excuses to penny pinch this summer

Kablamo

Supports
Chelsea
I expect this is the beginning of Chelsea returning to the level they were at pre roman, under Gullit and vialli. Good team to have in the league, not really challenging for the highest honours. Bit like Tottenham.
Really?!

Because I'd argue that's exactly what we've been for the last five years. Did you not notice the season when Jorginho was our top scorer in the league?

We're a 65/70 point team and player recruitment has massively failed for us in the last five years. The transfer ban actually worked in our favour and stopped us from having another window like the Bakayoko/Drinkwater/Mortata/Zappacosta one.

The moment we got to spend, we largely bought players who have underwhelmed, and even when we wheeled and dealed, we effectively gave up Tammy, Guehi, Tomori and Livramento for Lukaku.

If we abandoned our current strategy (whatever the hell it is) and actually spent money sensibly in future/this window, then I can only see us progressing because the nucleus of the squad is good enough - it just needs the right additions, and not just random additions who don't fit how we play.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully a massive spend using borrowed money followed by administration when they can’t pay it back.
Oh the irony from an Arsenal supporter.

The chant where has all your money gone really is applicable to the current Arsenal.

The debt reserve account. Gone.
The cash reserves which were over £200 million . Gone.
All and I mean all, assets held under a charge by Barclays Bank.
Prior to the 20/21 summer spend in excess of £100 million owed in respect of historical transfers another £100 million net spend lumped onto that with a loss of circa £90 million predicted for 21/22
AST estimates were that another £100 million cash needed to be injected into Arsenal in 21/22.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
"Chelsea - The New Era"
What self-unaware shitery. You are on the precipice of a deep fall, back to your natural weight division. Next Everton. You'll be missed like lockdowns.
I will never understand this idea of clubs having some presupposed position on the "how big is the club" scale, regardless of performances on the pitch. Even weirder is fans buying into this bullshit.

Tavern in the town

Really?!

Because I'd argue that's exactly what we've been for the last five years. Did you not notice the season when Jorginho was our top scorer in the league?

We're a 65/70 point team and player recruitment has massively failed for us in the last five years. The transfer ban actually worked in our favour and stopped us from having another window like the Bakayoko/Drinkwater/Mortata/Zappacosta one.

The moment we got to spend, we largely bought players who have underwhelmed, and even when we wheeled and dealed, we effectively gave up Tammy, Guehi, Tomori and Livramento for Lukaku.

If we abandoned our current strategy (whatever the hell it is) and actually spent money sensibly in future/this window, then I can only see us progressing because the nucleus of the squad is good enough - it just needs the right additions, and not just random additions who don't fit how we play.
This is spot on. People don’t really talk about how badly Chelsea fell off. They used to be an unbelievable club who never accepted anything less than top spot. That club is dead now. If this was 2005 Chelsea would’ve done something crazy like bid 100m for Salah.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
It’s honestly impossible to predict wtf we’re going to be this coming season. There’s going to be as many as 5 new faces in the first XI if we can do some good business. But this start to the window has been shite so far.

But even if we only do modest business I think the idea some here have that we’ll fall off a cliff is silly. We still have two excellent wingbacks that will finally be back fit, we have an excellent keeper, a very solid midfield group, and decent attackers that should keep us in the race for 3rd/4th even if they’re wildly incnsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.