Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Every team we’ve played in the last few weeks, their fans have been saying ‘Chelsea are bound to start scoring soon, it’s going to be us isn’t it?’. And it never happens :lol:

Some unlucky team, one of these days, is going to get absolutely battered and I really hope it’s Dortmund.
That team not called Chelsea?! :p

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Potter is on a 6 year contract, there are no clauses. They'll have to pay him fully just like we did with Moyes, LVG and Mourinho.

It turns out giving 6+ year contracts its not a brilliant idea, specially for managers.
The way Chelsea fire managers you're not attracting top ones to the Bridge without a hefty contract.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
First of all, feck you :lol:

Secondly, we don't get battered. We just lose lacklustre games to poor teams without any heart or fight.
Apologies, I'm usually the butt of the jokes, I still can't get used to temporarily being the shoe on the other foot. :angel:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The way Chelsea fire managers you're not attracting top ones to the Bridge without a hefty contract.
Quite the opposite actually the job is a free hit for managers as the stigma created towards us means there's little to no reputational damage even if there should be.

Mourinho gets the biggest job in England straight after leading us to a relegation scrap, AVB gets the Spurs job (who overtook us in the table thanks to him) and it wouldn't even surprise me if Potter gets the Spurs job if/when he and Conte leave their current jobs.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Quite the opposite actually the job is a free hit for managers as the stigma created towards us means there's little to no reputational damage even if there should be.

Mourinho gets the biggest job in England straight after leading us to a relegation scrap, AVB gets the Spurs job (who overtook us in the table thanks to him) and it wouldn't even surprise me if Potter gets the Spurs job if/when he and Conte leave their current jobs.
I don't disagree with the Chelsea job being a free hit, but there has to be some premium to convince top managers to take this relative to other open positions that they may feel are more stable.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I don't disagree with the Chelsea job being a free hit, but there has to be some premium to convince top managers to take this relative to other open positions that they may feel are more stable.
Honestly, resources and located in London.

Salford_Red83

“Real Madrid have scored more goals in England than Chelsea this year”.

Heard it on talkSPORT. Brilliant! :lol:
Here's another one for you...

I think Fred has scored more goals than Chelsea this year!

Edit: Ahhh never mind :lol:

Amazing Santos

Remember when Chelsea spent 120m on Enzo Amore, and 80m on a Ukranian Backstreet boy.

Let's all laugh at Chelsea.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Apologies, I'm usually the butt of the jokes, I still can't get used to temporarily being the shoe on the other foot. :angel:
It's fine, it's nature of football, eventually it gets to be your turn to be down in the gutter. If roles were reversed, which they have been for 20 years, there's no chance I'm taking my foot off your throat ;)

cyberman

Mount and James both out of the game tomorrow.
Curtain seems to be closing in on Potter now

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Mount hasn't been starting anyway. James is a problem. As much for him as us. Can't stay fit seemingly.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, so he was sacked because of his divorce and personal life pretty much. He had lost the plot and players could see it. Not exactly news but more detail on the reasons.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Back three gets stigmatised as a defensive formation and don't get me wrong it can be but for us I don't think it is.

James and Chilwell get the freedom to push on they simply don't get in a back four which in turn improves us going forward.

Add Gusto and hopefully Maatsen from next season and we will finally have the cover for them we've been lacking for long.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I have a bad feeling his hammies are gone. All that running has had its toll. For his sake I hope he still has some years left.
Yeah I love him but I really hope he isn’t given a new contract. He should go somewhere that’s less intense and he can retire gracefully

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah I love him but I really hope he isn’t given a new contract. He should go somewhere that’s less intense and he can retire gracefully
He can get another five year contract if he help us win the big ears for third time. :)

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Is it purely coincidental that Chelsea have won 3 games and conceded just one goal since Silva got injured, or is it possible he forced others to play differently, and ultimately created a worse unit?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is it purely coincidental that Chelsea have won 3 games and conceded just one goal since Silva got injured, or is it possible he forced others to play differently, and ultimately created a worse unit?
Conceded 2 today. We’ve been in and around top 2-3 defence all season with Silva. So yes, purely coincidental.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Played well today. Don’t think Everton were worthy of a point there. Between Koulibaly and Kepa that goal should have easily been prevented.

Pintu

Played well today. Don’t think Everton were worthy of a point there. Between Koulibaly and Kepa that goal should have easily been prevented.
You can throw in (Enzo?) for giving Doucouré acres of space to operate in upon receiving the long ball...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Agree. You completely controlled the game but at 2-1 and 1-0 switched off which cost you ultimately. That’s poor from you. Also missing easy chances as usual.

The 3-4-3 is clearly much better for you though and I don’t understand the obsession of trying to have a 4 if it’s not needed. Your best assets are Felix, Chilwell and James. They all operate better in that system.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You can throw in (Enzo?) for giving Doucouré acres of space to operate in upon receiving the long ball...
Possibly but Koulibaly was beat way, way too easily and Kepa letting that nothing shot go past him is unacceptable.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Agree. You completely controlled the game but at 2-1 and 1-0 switched off which cost you ultimately. That’s poor from you. Also missing easy chances as usual.

The 3-4-3 is clearly much better for you though and I don’t understand the obsession of trying to have a 4 if it’s not needed. Your best assets are Felix, Chilwell and James. They all operate better in that system.
Yep. We need 7-8 chances to score
goal and we typically concede from the opponents only real chances.

I think 343 suits us the best but Potter will always try to shift the team around during the game depending on what’s happening. Pretty sure we started and ended the game with a back 3.

Our season is littered with these sorts of games, play decent, create a lot and get sucker punched by a team playing poorly on the day.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yep. We need 7-8 chances to score
goal and we typically concede from the opponents only real chances.

I think 343 suits us the best but Potter will always try to shift the team around during the game depending on what’s happening. Pretty sure we started and ended the game with a back 3.

Our season is littered with these sorts of games, play decent, create a lot and get sucker punched by a team playing poorly on the day.
im surprised the xG was so tight! Without the penalty we would have had a higher one.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Possibly but Koulibaly was beat way, way too easily and Kepa letting that nothing shot go past him is unacceptable.
Also Kepa smashing the ball down the right wing when no one was there under no pressure when he could have just taken three steps back and picked it up

Status
Not open for further replies.