Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Also Kepa smashing the ball down the right wing when no one was there under no pressure when he could have just taken three steps back and picked it up
Four times since the new year he's cost points now and this is suppose to be him in the form of his life.

ESR10

Supports
Arsenal
I was at the the bridge (first time) in the upper East Stand.
Joâo Felix and Enzo (first half) are the only top players Chelsea had on the pitch. But they make things happening on their own. For the rest this Chelsea team has no automatism, pathetic to see.
Mudryk will never get match time, he was uninterested during half time warm up, sad to see, unprofesssional.

And what about the atmosphere? 2/10. Not a single chant in my tribune. Flat.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Agree. You completely controlled the game but at 2-1 and 1-0 switched off which cost you ultimately. That’s poor from you. Also missing easy chances as usual.

The 3-4-3 is clearly much better for you though and I don’t understand the obsession of trying to have a 4 if it’s not needed. Your best assets are Felix, Chilwell and James. They all operate better in that system.
James and Chilwell injured often. Felix almost certainly going back to Atletico, unless we make top 4...

Hopefully over the summer we'll switch to 433 and sell about 15 players.

Squad is insanely bloated and lots of average or underperformers.

The new squad strategy might pay dividends in the long term. Short term I'll be surprised if we do much.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
James and Chilwell injured often. Felix almost certainly going back to Atletico, unless we make top 4...

Hopefully over the summer we'll switch to 433 and sell about 15 players.

Squad is insanely bloated and lots of average or underperformers.

The new squad strategy might pay dividends in the long term. Short term I'll be surprised if we do much.
Id sell Havertz and try to keep Felix.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Who is overrating him? Gotta be honest, you seem like the mug. He might not be doing well but you don’t need to insult the guy.
This is what I hear every time I see one of your posts. But, like, unironically.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Who is overrating him? Gotta be honest, you seem like the mug. He might not be doing well but you don’t need to insult the guy.
He’s ended up at a top PL club despite his best achievement being a top half finish with Brighton - a club who’re now doing better without him.

It just annoys me to see managers like this being overrated and given jobs they don’t deserve. I feel the same about Moyes at Utd and also Southgate.

Potter may be technically better than those two but it’s the same deal.

His constant tinkering is ridiculous and if he was a foreign coach he’d be rightfully ridiculed for it.

I don’t for one second think he deserves to receive horrible messages etc, but as a manager I can’t stand him.

Spurs would’ve been a better level for him, and even then he’d be punching above his weight.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It is distasteful tbh but I doubt it is something Chelsea co-signed or approved beforehand. I’ve seen a lot Chelsea fans direct their ire at Boehly but Ted Lasso production signed their licensing deal with the PL back in 2021, not Chelsea so it not only predates this ownership’s takeover, but it’s a deal with the PL.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That's a very short article. I thought I was about to read some in depth analysis of Chelsea's accounts. Half the content of the article is in the actual tweet :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
That's a very short article. I thought I was about to read some in depth analysis of Chelsea's accounts. Half the content of the article is in the actual tweet :lol:
What's been the reaction to the accounts? Does the sanctions help you in any way argue a case with FFP should it come up?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What's been the reaction to the accounts? Does the sanctions help you in any way argue a case with FFP should it come up?
That's what the club are saying - and obviously whilst I'm biased I think there is merit to the argument given we lost 3-4 months of commercial revenue entirely. Chelsea announced that they remain compliant with all FFP regulations - but that's probably dependent on being granted an exemption for "extraordinary expenses and loss of revenue".

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's what the club are saying - and obviously whilst I'm biased I think there is merit to the argument given we lost 3-4 months of commercial revenue entirely. Chelsea announced that they remain compliant with all FFP regulations - but that's probably dependent on being granted an exemption for "extraordinary expenses and loss of revenue".
You see, we just couldn’t stop ourselves buying footballer after footballer after footballer. Dunno what came over us really. Any chance you could take that into account?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
You see, we just couldn’t stop ourselves buying footballer after footballer after footballer. Dunno what came over us really. Any chance you could take that into account?
:lol:

I think that might have more to do with us having to pay premiums for logistics whilst sanctioned because a lot of our pre-existing arrangements got cancelled - but if we can throw Aubameyang into that category I'd certainly not say no...

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
""Chelsea need to sell some of their players" Incredible insight there from The Times.
Yep, must be easy being a football journalist. :lol:

Trimming down the squad by like 8-10 players is an absolute necessity in the summer even if we disregard the financial aspect completely, and by far the most of the departures are going to be players the club would be looking to move on either way.

The only important first team players potentially on the chopping block are going to be Mount and/or Kovacic, and even then the club would still definitely be able to buy a replacement due to the way incoming transfers are accounted for.

cyberman

Yep, must be easy being a football journalist. :lol:

Trimming down the squad by like 8-10 players is an absolute necessity in the summer even if we disregard the financial aspect completely, and by far the most of the departures are going to be players the club would be looking to move on either way.

The only important first team players potentially on the chopping block are going to be Mount and/or Kovacic, and even then the club would still definitely be able to buy a replacement due to the way incoming transfers are accounted for.
And here is where the problems start. What if players simply refuse to leave now?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Have they came up with a figure with how much it was affected by? When Arsenal didn't have fans in they had a figure of £85M from loss of matchday revenue for example from 1 set of accounts.

Then Chelsea have a huge wage bill and will struggle to hit FFP targets.
Do we know what FFP targets in particular?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What are the resident Chelsea fans' honest opinion on Mudryk so far?
Given how tumultuous life has been for him personally and professionally over the last year plus, I'm more than happy to give him time to settle. Showed some decent flashes against Liverpool and West Ham, but clearly isn't done any favours by us playing 3-4-2-1 now.

Have they came up with a figure with how much it was affected by? When Arsenal didn't have fans in they had a figure of £85M from loss of matchday revenue for example from 1 set of accounts.
Haven't seen anything definitive yet. It also wasn't just matchday revenue - any commercial agreements that were paid in installments were also stopped - and as far as I know they weren't held in escrow or anything like that.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
And here is where the problems start. What if players simply refuse to leave now?
Felix - loan expiring
Zakaria - loan expiring
Mount - contract up 2024
Kovacic - contract up 2024
Azpi - contract up 2024
Pulisic - contract up 2024
Aubameyang - contract up 2024
Loftus-Cheek - contract up 2024
Hudson-Odoi - contract up 2024
Ziyech - contract up 2025
Gallagher - contract up 2025
Havertz - contract up 2025
Mendy - contract up 2025
Kepa - contract up 2025

To sum that up there are two loan players who will automatically leave after the season if the club so wishes, a whopping seven players with just one year left on their contract and another five with two years left.

Obviously not all of them will leave and some of these the club will even want to keep but generally speaking it's usually not that difficult to sell players with just 1-2 years left on their contracts, especially if they get told they're not in the club's plans going forward.

Most players want to play and if they're not going to do it at Chelsea, chances are they'll start looking for alternative destinations and worst case scenario the club compensate for a portion of their wages for the remaining 1-2 years and they negotiate a new deal elsewhere with a lower salary.

Of the 14 players listed above I would be quite surprised if more than half were still at the club come next season. I didn't include the likes of Lukaku and Koulibaly because those two will absolutely be very difficult to move on due to their salary levels but I really don't think binning around 8 players from the list above is going to be unrealistic at all.

MegadrivePerson

Also its a terrible selling strategy for Chelsea as the buying clubs know that they have to sell, so they will struggle to get top fees for players!

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We have lots of saleable players, obviously other clubs know we need to sell. Plus there aren't many buyers flush with cash, Newcastle, PSG and City, that's about it. The latter two have stacked squads already. Transfer market probably gets munched this summer and the winter window with values going down a lot...

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Haven't seen anything definitive yet. It also wasn't just matchday revenue - any commercial agreements that were paid in installments were also stopped - and as far as I know they weren't held in escrow or anything like that.
Yeah, I didn't mean that it was just matchday revenue for you guys, just using us putting a round number in it as an example, although might need it explained to me how they think the sanctions will affect them years down the line?

What do our resident Chelsea fans think about possible ground sharing for 4 years while Stamford Bridge gets redeveloped?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Also its a terrible selling strategy for Chelsea as the buying clubs know that they have to sell, so they will struggle to get top fees for players!
I doubt Chelsea will be looking for the kind of fees you're thinking for most of the players listed above. How much can a club realistically hope to earn from Pulisic, RLC, Azpi etc with 12 months left on their deals? There are some amongst them that could fetch really good money but the majority of the players on the chopping block will be on sale for relatively modest fees.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
The most important thing will be to clear costs off the books, not so much getting top fees.

For example Pulisic currently costs the club £18M a year in fee amortisation + salary. Unless the club need to agree to some kind of salary compensation with the player for the last year of contract we only need to get an £11M fee to clear him off the books completely and save £18M for the next financial year and every year after that.

Obviously the club will still want to maximize the transfer values and get as much as possible for whoever we end up selling but when talking about players with 1-2 years left on their contracts the fees themselves can even be of modest values and still have a huge impact on the club's finances going forward.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, I didn't mean that it was just matchday revenue for you guys, just using us putting a round number in it as an example, although might need it explained to me how they think the sanctions will affect them years down the line?

What do our resident Chelsea fans think about possible ground sharing for 4 years while Stamford Bridge gets redeveloped?
If its remotely possible I'd rather do everything we can to play at Twickenham.

Due to it's closeness and the fact no other football is played there we could somewhat make it feel like home I reckon.

Whereas Wembley or a groundshare would effectively be neutral and away games for years.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
What kind of sanction is imposed for those who do not comply with the FFP?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
If its remotely possible I'd rather do everything we can to play at Twickenham.

Due to it's closeness and the fact no other football is played there we could somewhat make it feel like home I reckon.

Whereas Wembley or a groundshare would effectively be neutral and away games for years.
Yeah, understand that. Take it the plans that Abramovich got drawn up for the redevelopment will be totally shelved and it will be a full new Clearlake design?

Status
Not open for further replies.