Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
None of this lot make our first 11 and I say that with confidence.

Enzo who Chelsea fans rave about is basically an Argentinian Mctominay. He breaks up play, pings a few passes, makes a few blocks but so does McT.

Funny after spending a billion their best player is still Sterling.
I'd snap your hand off for Enzo, honestly if there's 2 players in world football I'd taken at a young age for a midfield it's Bellingham or Enzo both are top class.

He fecked up pushing for Chelsea he should have waited until the summer for other teams.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'd snap your hand off for Enzo, honestly if there's 2 players in world football I'd taken at a young age for a midfield it's Bellingham or Enzo both are top class.

He fecked up pushing for Chelsea he should have waited until the summer for other teams.
oh he did no doubt, I bet he will come to regret committing for 8 years, unless a Saudi club comes along and buys him out of his contract he's stuck there now.

Semigoodlookin

It's stunning that Boehly has spent £1 billion in a year; this is where they are. United got slammed for doing that over 10 years and this guy has taken 12 months. I also love that he turned up, thought English football was easy, played Football Manager, found out it isn't easy, and then proposed restructuring the game to make it easier for himself. Has anyone been so publicly out of their depth in football ownership and has anybody spent the amount Chelsea has in such a short period of time?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Just an immensely funny football club really.

el3mel

Chelsea have adopted United's strategy I see. Randomly splashing money on whoever present in the market ending up with a complete mess of a squad with ton of players who don't work well together.

Poch isn't a top coach and I don't think he can do well with this squad but at the same the way they're building the team makes it pretty hard for any manager to succeed anyway.

C'est Moi Cantona

Surprised they didn't bring Lukaku back, at least until Nkunku is back anyway, He has alot of down sides, but at least he can put the ball in the net.

marktan

Not a surprise, they're signing some absolute dross.

Aside from Enzo they've not really signed anyone that was an improvement from what they had. Kante, Kovacic, Mendy, hell even Werner, Havertz and Pulisic offered more than a lot of their current B tier attackers. Lavia and Caceido may turn out good but there's a lot of crap in there too

Of course a lot of the old squad went out of form / got overplayed / got injured, e.g. Reece James, but they really should've adopted a strategy of keeping the squad they had and making expensive marque signings on top, not selling the squad and signing everyone from the french league.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Nothing wrong with the formation. Only thing wrong is the players who Pochettino selecting to play that system. Arsenal and Manchester city deploy a formation similiar to that.

Pochettino needs to bin Gallagher, Silva and chilwell. Keep that formation against tough away team, while at home play the 4 2 3 1 he played in pre season.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Their biggest problem is the same as ours, only even worse, nobody who can finish worth a damn. It’s bizarre that they spent that much money while neglecting the most important position on the pitch.

You look at City today, they weren’t dominant for big stretches of the game but having the 2 best strikers in the league paid dividends.
The keeper too. They’ve got themselves into a ludicrous position there.

Eddy_JukeZ

There were people on here who said Chelsea have better attackers than us by the way.

Their squad is very bleh considering the amount of money they spent.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Shane the transfer window closed on Friday otherwise they could have just signed Elanga while the game was still going on

Dansk

In fairness, Chelsea have had a considerable handicap compared to all other teams these last couple of seasons in that they don't get to play against Chelsea twice per season. That's hard to compete with.

always_hoping

Should've given Potter more time.
Potter and current Chelsea manager are similar, will do alright at the likes of Brighton,Southampton,Spurs as that's their level and have and will struggle in management jobs where on eyes are on them and the pressure and expectation is far greater.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
They have actually done so many transfers that some of them have not been scrutinised at all. Like for example they knew that they needed a goalkeeper and somehow they decided to sign Sanchez who had lost his place at Brighton. Some people thought that it was as competition to Kepa but in the end he has ended up as first choice . What’s crazy is that along with 25 million fee they gave him a 7 year contract too

redNATION

Amazing that despite all the money spent, their team still looks pretty average.

I’m not a football director by any means but surely if you’re going to spend like that you should be targeting the absolute best players around. If I were Boehly, I’d have blown Real out the water for Bellingham, thrown £250m+ at Napoli for Kvara and Osimhen, outbid City for Gvardiol.

InfiniteBoredom

Amazing that despite all the money spent, their team still looks pretty average.

I’m not a football director by any means but surely if you’re going to spend like that you should be targeting the absolute best players around. If I were Boehly, I’d have blown Real out the water for Bellingham, thrown £250m+ at Napoli for Kvara and Osimhen, outbid City for Gvardiol.
They have to want to go there.

From those names, only the Napoli duo is realistic, and De Laurentiis would probably demand £300m for them this summer after the season they just had.

Should’ve bitten the bullet and let Levy fleece them for Kane. £150-70m would’ve gotten it done, but they are sticking to their under 25s gun.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Ah, but If they did it that way, then they wouldn't have this nation of youngsters they now have to sell further down the line to help them with FFP then.

Doesn't really matter if it doesn't help them become a better team now it seems. Good news is it at least strengthens Strasbourg though.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Since we're playing exactly like last year. I guess the same thread?

Somewhere Potter must be counting the pay off and laughing his head off.

VARsenal

Supports
Arsenal
Ah, but If they did it that way, then they wouldn't have this nation of youngsters they now have to sell further down the line to help them with FFP then.

Doesn't really matter if it doesn't help them become a better team now it seems. Good news is it at least strengthens Strasbourg though.
I think the problem with the hope of selling their current young players for big fees in future is that, unlike the players before who have always been part of teams who have won trophies and therefore could demand more in their fee, this current lot ain't winning anything for years, if any at all. This time around Chelsea aren't going to be able to flog a bunch of failed young players for a lot more than they signed for, if even that, because none of them will be winners or have shown to be as great as first thought of. They'll end up with a bunch of Pepe's and Sancho's.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think the problem with the hope of selling their current young players for big fees in future is that, unlike the players before who have always been part of teams who have won trophies and therefore could demand more in their fee, this current lot ain't winning anything for years, if any at all. This time around Chelsea aren't going to be able to flog a bunch of failed young players for a lot more than they signed for, if even that, because none of them will be winners or have shown to be as great as first thought of. They'll end up with a bunch of Pepe's and Sancho's.
I’d bet you Chelsea win another title before Arsenal win one.

Status
Not open for further replies.