Bench:
Mendy
Chalobah
Cucurella
Mount
Havertz
Zakaria
Gallagher

Still lacking a real 9 and 2 decent wingers.

Ziyech, Pulisic, Auba, possibly Gallagher (as an asset with actual value) and RLC should be moved on.
Thanks. Still doesn't look like a title winning team or even top 2 material, if I am honest.

Teja

Thanks. Still doesn't look like a title winning team or even top 2 material, if I am honest.
Yep still looks pretty meh. And on top of that they haven't really signed Felix yet.

Kante's basically done given injuries and Kova can't get into their side ahead of Zakaria.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
We got some 15 official partners for chelsea during Roman ownership. That's low compared to united city or Liverpool. So lot of room for improvement in commercial income. FFP won't be a problem for us.
We will have to see the issue of departures and at what price, that will be the key to the FFP right now.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah definitely not. Should be a comfortable top 4 in a regular season (if everything goes well) but then again what does look like a title winning side? I would not have had Arsenal anywhere near top or Newcastle. Good planning goes a long way apparently.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
At this moment in time? Probably:

—————————Kepa——————————
James Fofana Silva Badiashile Chilwell
———————Kante Kovacic———————
Sterling—————Felix——————Mudders

Bench:
Mendy
Chalobah
Cucurella
Mount
Havertz
Zakaria
Gallagher

Ziyech, Pulisic, Auba, possibly Gallagher (as an asset with actual value) and RLC should be moved on.
That's a strong team, particularly if Kante can still play at a high level.

I don't think playing Felix as a lone 9 is a great idea, he hasn't done it basically ever. Sterling might be better in that role to be honest, he used to do it at City sometimes and is likely a more willing runner/decoy.

One big source of uncertainty is how Fofana and Chilwell look as players. Both those guys have started ~10 league matches since May 2021, its a huge amount of time to miss during your early 20s. Honestly, I wouldn't expect either to be up to top level this spring but if you can keep them healthy then they could be back to their best next fall.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
That's a strong team, particularly if Kante can still play at a high level.

I don't think playing Felix as a lone 9 is a great idea, he hasn't done it basically ever. Sterling might be better in that role to be honest, he used to do it at City sometimes and is likely a more willing runner/decoy.

One big source of uncertainty is how Fofana and Chilwell look as players. Both those guys have started ~10 league matches since May 2021, its a huge amount of time to miss during your early 20s. Honestly, I wouldn't expect either to be up to top level this spring but if you can keep them healthy then they could be back to their best next fall.
Felix has played the position a few times at Atletico, but still don't think he would or should play there. Doubt we'll play a back 5 as well. I think Potter will largely play 4231 going forward, so fitness aside:

Kepa
James Fofana Silva Chilwell
Kante Kova
Sterling Felix Mudryk
Havertz

Is what we can expect to see and on paper it looks quite tasty. That's an attack that carries more goal threat than we've had since Hazard left. And a back four as good as any. Madueke will be a solid rotation option as well. Nkunku to swap with Havertz in the summer.

Shinjch

These teams still look so lacking in key positions. Recruitment nowhere near good enough even with the money thrown at it.

Vapor trail

Doesn't really matter how good the team is on paper it's about the philosophy and the way they play. I think recently United had one of the best squads in the clubs recent history with Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, Varane, Fernandes and there's nothing to show for it. Chelsea could fill their starting 11 with the younger players and the team be more established than their best on paper.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn't really matter how good the team is on paper it's about the philosophy and the way they play. I think recently United had one of the best squads in the clubs recent history with Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, Varane, Fernandes and there's nothing to show for it. Chelsea could fill their starting 11 with the younger players and the team be more established than their best on paper.
That's a ridiculous take. Chelsea's best team on paper is potentially a great one. It doesn't help if more than half of them are injured consistently for the past 14 months. Prior to which, they were on top of the league and playing great football. That United squad may have had some good players but no way is that a great squad. And certainly not compared to other teams'.

cyberman

That's a ridiculous take. Chelsea's best team on paper is potentially a great one. It doesn't help if more than half of them are injured consistently for the past 14 months. Prior to which, they were on top of the league and playing great football. That United squad may have had some good players but no way is that a great squad. And certainly not compared to other teams'.
Who has been consistently injured for fourteen months?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t have the specifics but Kante has been out a long time. If that’s what they were referring to. In the summer I see Kante leaving, unreliable fitness that’s sure to have an impact on his playing level.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
These teams still look so lacking in key positions. Recruitment nowhere near good enough even with the money thrown at it.
With our new signings we can get 10-12 point in five match group. But if that's enough to get top 4 may be not. At least now we have pace in attack previously we seriously lacked in our attack with our attacking full back injuries we totally became one dimensional.

Will see but you may be surprised with enough rest among games with new players in the squad we might catch 10 point difference.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Add another player to Chelsea. Purchase and loan back until the end of the season. Get that looooong contract in before FFP changes in the summer.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
At this moment in time? Probably:

—————————Kepa——————————
James Fofana Silva Badiashile Chilwell
———————Kante Kovacic———————
Sterling—————Felix——————Mudders

Bench:
Mendy
Chalobah
Cucurella
Mount
Havertz
Zakaria
Gallagher

Couldn’t spell Mudryk so lazily put Mudders instead :lol: :lol: :lol:

Infra-red

Boehly on his way to become more hated person than Roman by pl rival fans.:lol: .
He's been a laughing stock for six months, but now that he's out of it, I'd expect you to start doing some better business off the pitch (on the pitch, I suspect you will be limited by Potter's (in)ability to build an attack).

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
He's been a laughing stock for six months, but now that he's out of it, I'd expect you to start doing some better business off the pitch (on the pitch, I suspect you will be limited by Potter's (in)ability to build an attack).
Potter is not tuchel i know but he is not bad manager either. Let's wait how he manage with fully fit team then only i am willing to pass the judgement he is good or not.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So Gusto is having a medical now ?

I seriously think that Boehly thinks soccer is NFL where you can put 2 teams for offense and defence. Yes, damn serious !

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

I seriously think that Boehly thinks soccer is NFL where you can put 2 teams for offense and defence. Yes, damn serious !
He wanted to prove his tuchel decision was right i assume. Only time will tell his splurge of money benifit for team long time.

Jezpeza

Interesting watching chelsea atm. Its like someone who's playing fifa. On the face of it they are signing a lot of bright young talents but then you look at it and ask why they are signing wingers when Tuchel and Potter play a lot of 3421. Strange loaning out CHO then signing madeuke and then signing Cucurella whos looked clueless and the forever injured Chilwell so they are playing a youngster. Midfield looks like it needs refreshing but has been neglected. Be interesting to see if it comes together or whether its just a £400m glut of mehness

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea

He barely has enough for one team. Jorgihno will be gone. KK may stay … may not. We NEVER had a second right back; some of you have 3 of them.

Pulisic would have been sold if he wasn’t hurt. Ziyech is leaving. Havertz most likely will be leaving.

Broja will be out til mid season next year.

Choices will be made on Gallagher and RLC. Mount still has not re-signed.

We had the thinnest “Top 6” team in the league possibly, even before all the injuries. We had to buy 2 center backs just to be at the same number as last year, and we were one short of where we wanted last year.

And here us where the Clearlake people are extremely smart, yet again: They are building a team good enough to make top 4 BEFORE they lose CL football.

Most teams seem to go “Oh no! We missed top 4, time for a rebuild”.

If they stayed out til Summer, and then went to make these purchases… everyone knows the answer they’d have received.

Chelsea was in an extremely precarious position, especially after sanctions and rebuilding nearly everything at a team. They are taking to the task very quickly So it annoys oppo fans who were hoping for ruin and despair. I get that.

I saw a YouTube video cartoon about Boehly, and while funny I think there are some odd things the makers of it actually believe:

Boehly bought Chelsea on a lark: He’s been a season ticket holder for a long time, and first tried to buy it back in 2018. He sees massive untapped potential in the entire PL, and he is a Chelsea fan.

These are rich guys that blindly throw money at things without a plan: Boehly was the CEO of Guggenheim Partners. To those of you not familiar with the financial world… that’s like being the head of the physics department at MIT and having someone question if you understand gravity.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
Chilwell, James, Kante, Kovacic, Pulisic, have all had multiple significant injuries. And then a few others have been injured multiple times - including some no longer at the club. I've never seen any top flight team have as many significant injuries in such a short space of time.

From the November '21 when the club were 3 points clear at the top, in 4 weeks we lost Chilwell, James, Lukaku, Kovacic, Pulisic, Kante, Mount, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech plus a few I'm forgetting, and it's just gone from bad to worse.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He barely has enough for one team. Jorgihno will be gone. KK may stay … may not. We NEVER had a second right back; some of you have 3 of them.

Pulisic would have been sold if he wasn’t hurt. Ziyech is leaving. Havertz most likely will be leaving.

Broja will be out til mid season next year.

Choices will be made on Gallagher and RLC. Mount still has not re-signed.

We had the thinnest “Top 6” team in the league possibly, even before all the injuries. We had to buy 2 center backs just to be at the same number as last year, and we were one short of where we wanted last year.

And here us where the Clearlake people are extremely smart, yet again: They are building a team good enough to make top 4 BEFORE they lose CL football.

Most teams seem to go “Oh no! We missed top 4, time for a rebuild”.

If they stayed out til Summer, and then went to make these purchases… everyone knows the answer they’d have received.

Chelsea was in an extremely precarious position, especially after sanctions and rebuilding nearly everything at a team. They are taking to the task very quickly So it annoys oppo fans who were hoping for ruin and despair. I get that.

I saw a YouTube video cartoon about Boehly, and while funny I think there are some odd things the makers of it actually believe:

Boehly bought Chelsea on a lark: He’s been a season ticket holder for a long time, and first tried to buy it back in 2018. He sees massive untapped potential in the entire PL, and he is a Chelsea fan.

These are rich guys that blindly throw money at things without a plan: Boehly was the CEO of Guggenheim Partners. To those of you not familiar with the financial world… that’s like being the head of the physics department at MIT and having someone question if you understand gravity.
All if and buts. Let's talk when you actually sell them ? You still spent 500+m on 15 + players?

Spare the thought how Boehly is a genius for a different day. Right now, he looks like an amateur playing FM after a take over.

A genius owner don't buy 15 players in 2 windows and give them 7+ year contract.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Boehly on his way to become more hated person than Roman by pl rival fans.:lol: .
Rival fans hated Abramovic as his money was spent on quality players like Makelele, Carvalho, Drogba and that influx of cash won Chelsea back-to-back Premier League titles shortly after he took over.

Boehly has spent half a billion quid in 6 months and has turned Chelsea into a shambles of a club floundering in mid table. So no, we don't hate Boehly. We're actually really enjoying his antics. He's like Ed Woodward on steroids.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Boehly has spent half a billion quid in 6 months and has turned Chelsea into a shambles of a club floundering in mid table. So no, we don't hate Boehly. We're actually really enjoying his antics. He's like Ed Woodward on steroids.
The funniest thing here is fans have gone so far down this rabbit hole they haven't even researched who's been running the current window.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The funniest thing here is fans have gone so far down this rabbit hole they haven't even researched who's been running the current window.
Chelsea's January window has been the same scattergun approach as the last window. Long may it continue.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea's January window has been the same scattergun approach as the last window. Long may it continue.
I very much hope we do have more windows like this if the early signs with Basiashille and Mudryk are a signs of things of come, we'll end up recovering a lot quicker than i currently think.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Ed Woodward, for an investment banker, clearly didn’t have a clue about football investment. His achievements include paying OTT amounts for average players, bringing back two of the most toxic players in your entire history, oversaw the worst trophy drought in your history AND was heavily involved in the formation of the Super League. That’s some job.

Now you have Richard the stalker Arnold who likes camping outside the Camp Nou because he doesn’t like rejection. So much for an upgrade.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Now you have Richard the stalker Arnold who likes camping outside the Camp Nou because he doesn’t like rejection. So much for an upgrade.
Arnold has little-to-no involvement in transfers and has delegated those responsibilities to Murtough. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about us not 'upgrading' Woodward, but since Boehly took over and spunked half a billion quid up the wall in 6 months, this is now the current state of United and Chelsea:

- We're sat comfortably in top 4
- The majority of our summer singings have been a success
- We've appointed the right manager for the job

- You're sat in 10th
- The majority of your summer signings have been a failure
- Your manager is out of his depth. And you sacked a CL winner in Tuchel for him

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
All if and buts. Let's talk when you actually sell them ? You still spent 500+m on 15 + players?

Spare the thought how Boehly is a genius for a different day. Right now, he looks like an amateur playing FM after a take over.

A genius owner don't buy 15 players in 2 windows and give them 7+ year contract.
Why not?

According to UEFA he’s “taking advantage of the system”

Klopp lamented he could rebuild like that if he had the same kind of funding.

I think it was more like 480 on 16 players. And … that would assume all add ons met. Annnnd we made roughly 60m or more in sales and loan fees? Annnd some of the players that left on frees were higher salary hits on our FFP.

On the contracts:

In three years they can renegotiate those contracts, STILL keep the lower extended FFP number from the original one for the fee amortization, and tailor the terms to how the player is developing.

We have interested buyers for all those players I mentioned if we decide to accept them. Heck, he found a buyer for Bakayoko. Kepa is the only one that would be even remotely challenging to move, and once the rolling avg FFP ends almost everything from their sales is purely profit… because the actual debt related to their purchase was written off.

If you need to subsidize the sale of players there are creative ways to do it, and they don’t mind. They spent 300 million in “dead money” just paying people to leave the Dodgers in the first 2 years they owned them.

And we don’t need to make a ton of money off any of those players. We are within FFP comfortably without them this window and last. SO… if you do decide to allow some of them to move on, maybe you save all of those small to avg fees to next window?

We had a LOT of extra leverage the last two windows, and we have used it to collect some of the very top young talents in the world, not just starters for right now. Most of you are going “why didn’t we buy Enzo last year when he was 17m???”

Well, we kinda did. Santos is the captain of the Brazil U20 and is destroying that tourney right now. One of the 16.

Slonina is a massive talent for the future in goal. One of the 16.

Our development squad almost got relegated last year, and is now solidly in first thank to dominance from Cesare Casadei; a guy many thought was Inter’s top Academy prospect … but they are desperate for money. One of the 16.

We are growing our foundation at multiple levels.

On revenue:

Fanbases in the PL are like “we got 45 million a year for our shirt endorsement!” And think that’s real money. Lankeybox makes 77m per year just for making videos of themselves playing Roblox ….

What if you had a PL centric event on Fortnite? And fans could spend money to buy skins and upgrades related to their team .. an all out war for supremacy. Not really my thing, but 450 or so million people play.

The people that run Chelsea aren’t billionaires from things like chemicals and oil looking to make money off shirt sales and fake sponsors to show revenue . They control everything from Rolling stone, to TV stations, to Fortnite. They create “content” related to the IP (the team) that outstrips money made by the club directly in value.

They aren’t guessing they can do it, they already have working models that are successfully doing it.

That’s the final thing that makes the dispute over the contracts so funny: they know the structure of their revenue profile in terms of what they can show for FFP will evolve so much in three years that they can just write off the contracts that don’t work out if they need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.