Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Huh, this is the kind of forward thinking move I didn’t think we would see til we successfully brought in someone like Michael Edwards.

Boehly is either using old lists now or is talking to somebody though. Cucurella is a very good player, and so is Chukwuemeka, but neither are “splash” signings I would’ve expected on Boehly’s radar. Tuchel I could see pushing for Cucu, but not Chuk. I know people will laugh at this assertion, but it’s entirely possible people inside the structure Fenway group have already built have offered some help. They actually have a very good relationship, and that is the model he will eventually be using for front office organization.

Anyway… people are talking about the team that basically gave away maybe the greatest midfielder of his generation in KDB. I let out a blood curdling wall punch when that happened, so nobody has to tell me about guys like Lamptey to prove a point.

I want Colwill here. He makes more mistakes than some of the people being discussed but that is an experience issue, not one of talent. Playing alongside Koulibaliy and Silva in actual games …. The speed at which you would see his game evolve would be astounding. It made the move for Kounde bitter for me. Fofana is good enough that he could be a locked in star regardless, do that one makes sense. With the introduction of 5 subs, and the age of our players, there would be plenty of football for Colwill, and plenty of starts with the sheer number of competitions ahead.

Let Alonso and Azpi go. Upgrade and add depth at LWB with Cucu. Get Fofana across the line while keeping Colwill. And you are set at depth in the back 3 AND you’ve upgraded quality. AND if things go wrong with Tuchel in future, or he adapts to a different system, the Fofana Colwill would be an awesome future CB pairing.

If they do sell Colwill, then I would need a buyback clause. A favorable one, complete with first refusal.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Endrick too, though he’s likely to stay in Brazil until he’s 18.
That's by no means a sure thing. Barcelona and Real Madrid are very interested in Endrick too, and if they make an offer he'll likely end up at one of them.

Chelsea seem very interested though. He can't join till 2024 because of his age but it's looking like he'll sign a pre-contract at some club in the near future, like Real Madrid did with Vinicus Junior and Rodrygo in the past.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
IF we get that over the line. The agents and family like us and our plan, but we will get competition here.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I think he has a clause of €60M. And Barcelona and Real Madrid will go for him for sure.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The point is we don’t have Richarlison either this year and Rondon is suspended so we have no recognised striker.
You turned up with a damn near academy side and still nicked a draw last season so forgive me for not falling for this again :lol:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Kyke Walker-Peters too!

I genuinely don’t think Boehly has a clue what he’s doing. It could all work out fine of course but it’s very reactive as opposed to proactive and it feels like these targets are being drawn up randomly rather than with any actual thought or planning.

Wild one for you guys though so the transfer muppets will be loving it!
I think it's fair to say we've had a much more chaotic approach than we've had recently - but honestly from my extremely biased perspective I don't think Boehly is doing horrendously. Frankly, I think it's a bit overblown to say we are struggling when we are doing the basic level of homework by identifying potential alternatives - to say nothing of the likely benefits from a negotiating perspective. Surely it's a benefit in our talks with Inter re: Dumfries if they know we have a potential alternative in KWP queued up? We certainly aren't signing both of them.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I think it's fair to say we've had a much more chaotic approach than we've had recently - but honestly from my extremely biased perspective I don't think Boehly is doing horrendously. Frankly, I think it's a bit overblown to say we are struggling when we are doing the basic level of homework by identifying potential alternatives - to say nothing of the likely benefits from a negotiating perspective. Surely it's a benefit in our talks with Inter re: Dumfries if they know we have a potential alternative in KWP queued up? We certainly aren't signing both of them.
Think this summer would have been a lot smoother if Cech and Marina had stayed until the close of the transfer window. Think it will settle down by the end of this season and we will be fine. How this season is going to go is anyones guess but I’d take a year of consolidation over chaotic reform.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I think boehly want to back the manager in this window and didn't want to allow city and liverpool move further. He want to give best possible players to tuchel to be competitive in league. Nothing wrong with his intentions.

After all he is not bad for chelsea as opposition were dreaming when he came in especially after roman.

Next season he will bring best possible sponsors to chelsea as well. He is also kicking up the plans to redevelop the stadium stage by stage like liverpool model expansion to 60000 seater stadium.

Overall our future looks bright under his ownership in my opinion. :)

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Malang sarr going out on loan to AS Monaco with 12 mn option to buy. One CB on our way otherwise we would never let him go.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Fofana, Cucurella and an attacker [feck knows who] and it'll have been a very good window.

I have seen a lot of talk around Endrick signing but staying where he is for a few years, too.

Re. future windows, it appears Boehly really wants Michael Edwards ex-Lpool DOF

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku -> Broja
Werner -> Sterling
Ziyech -> "Chukwuemeka"
Saul -> Gallagher
Rüdiger -> Koulibaly
Christensen -> "Fofana"
Alonso -> "Cucurella"
Azpi -> "Dumfries"
Kepa -> Slonina (in January)

If the club manage to pull off the proposed signings of Fofana, Cucurella and Dumfries on top of the deals already made, I would definitely consider the squad to have improved from last season.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It has been a good transfer news day and this is the icing on the cake.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
At least now with Chelsea's proposed spend we'll hopefully see the last of the "but Arsenal are biggest spenders" tag. Was nice to have it for a summer but looks like it'll revert back to you guys again. That comes with its own Caf pressure. :D

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
At least now with Chelsea's proposed spend we'll hopefully see the last of the "but Arsenal are biggest spenders" tag. Was nice to have it for a summer but looks like it'll revert back to you guys again. That comes with its own Caf pressure. :D
We dealt with those tag of biggest spenders many times and of course Caf pressure too.Its nothing new for us. Last time we dealt with biggest spenders tag we won CL. Won't mind if we achieve that again. :D

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
We dealt with those tag of biggest spenders many times and of course Caf pressure too.Its nothing new for us. Last time we dealt with biggest spenders tag we won CL. Won't mind if we achieve that again. :D
Yeah, I know. People seem to forget you were biggest spenders many times, we had 1 summer of it and all the other summer of spends by other teams were forgotten about. :)

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I'm not sure I've ever seen a club be credibly linked with attempts to sign so many different players in one summer. Just off the top of my head:

Sterling
Koulibaly
Raphinha
Jesus
De Ligt
Kimpembe
Kounde
Richarlison
Skriniar
Bastoni
Ake
De Jong
Cucurella
Dumfries
Fofana
Gvardiol
Walker-Peters
Endrick
Dembele

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I'm not sure I've ever seen a club be credibly linked with attempts to sign so many different players in one summer. Just off the top of my head:

Sterling
Koulibaly
Raphinha
Jesus
De Ligt
Kimpembe
Kounde
Richarlison
Skriniar
Bastoni
Ake
De Jong
Cucurella
Dumfries
Fofana
Gvardiol
Walker-Peters
Endrick
Dembele
If this was united our fans would be berating our club for missing out on targets to a whole new level. Chelsea seem to have had a very scatter gun approach to this summer.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

Sterling
Koulibaly
Raphinha
Jesus
De Ligt
Kimpembe
Kounde
Richarlison
Skriniar
Bastoni
Ake
De Jong
Cucurella
Dumfries
Fofana
Gvardiol
Walker-Peters
Endrick
Dembele
Its not like we were signing raphinha then go for Jesus then signed him then went for richarlison and all. We failed on targets so go for next one. Nothing wrong with that.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea

Sterling
Koulibaly
Raphinha
Jesus
De Ligt
Kimpembe
Kounde
Richarlison
Skriniar
Bastoni
Ake
De Jong
Cucurella
Dumfries
Fofana
Gvardiol
Walker-Peters
Endrick
Dembele
I'm not sure but I think pretty much all top clubs have a list of players they might be interested in and when the window opens they start sending out some feelers to sound out the possibility of a move. More often than not these feelers are kept secret till there's an actual bid being made or negotiations get to an advanced stage but with Chelsea this summer even all the preliminary enquiries have been reported by credible sources so it's probably just that Boehly & co. decide to conduct their business in a more transparent manner.

Even if the interest is kind of true, the club haven't actually been deeply invested (= bid or contract offer made) in even half of the players listed on there.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Aren't a lot of these links just twitter rumours. Don't believe everything you read.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
If this was united our fans would be berating our club for missing out on targets to a whole new level. Chelsea seem to have had a very scatter gun approach to this summer.
Honestly if it wasn’t for the contract expirations and Cech and Marina leaving I don’t think it would have played out this way. So many things happened that they’re just trying to replace bodies rather than actually target specific individuals. I do believe this will be a one off phenomenon.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
It has been a good transfer news day and this is the icing on the cake.
This will be bigger than any player signing. I half wondered if they would simply leave the position vacant in the interim if he really insisted on taking a year off.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
This will be bigger than any player signing. I half wondered if they would simply leave the position vacant in the interim if he really insisted on taking a year off.

I think with all the leg work Boehly has done on transfer this window, he might continue with advice from Edwards until he takes over the position full time. Boehly wants him.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
There are pluses and minuses to be being one of the historic giants in a sport. That is one of the minuses.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
It wont happen most likely but a window ending with first team additions of Sterling, Koulibaly, FdJ, Fofana, Cucurella, and perhaps Auba would be a solid window IMO. Suppose Chukwuemeka could be included, too

I dont think FdJ or auba happen though! Not sure Fofana does either

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
It wont happen most likely but a window ending with first team additions of Sterling, Koulibaly, FdJ, Fofana, Cucurella, and perhaps Auba would be a solid window IMO. Suppose Chukwuemeka could be included, too

That could be a near £300M window, & folk were giving Arteta grief for spending half that! :houllier:

Honestly, see from the outside, this is starting to feel like when my mate plays Football Manager and just tries to buy 2/3 of a new team just targeting random players and buying some well known names that he knows.

I just struggle to see an identity in you and what you are doing now. I suppose that's what it must have felt like at the beginning of the Roman era when he came in and bought 6 or 7 players. I think folk thought this would be Newcastle acting like this as a new Biliionaires play thing.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

If that were to happen, would Chelsea sell any players?

Status
Not open for further replies.