Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Can't imagine Tuchel wanting Ronaldo as he's too old to have the work rate and pressing, great finisher still obviously . Smacks of the new owners looking at the marketing $ his signing would generate...
It smacks of a website adding 1 + 1 and getting 7.

Boehly is making calls to and meeting tons of people in the game. Mendes is one of the most influential agents, representing a shed-load of players, of course he's on Boehlys list.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Neto Neves also his clients. Probably enquiring any one if them too.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Zero chance. Jokes aside he's not going to say "Man United are too shit for me so I'm gong to Chelsea instead.
True but I am thinking he has to be desperate to play in the CL this season at his age and just maybe will go anywhere that gives him the opportunity. And that would be his excuse.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It smacks of a website adding 1 + 1 and getting 7.

Boehly is making calls to and meeting tons of people in the game. Mendes is one of the most influential agents, representing a shed-load of players, of course he's on Boehlys list.
Wouldn't be surprised if Rafael Leao is the Mendes client we're after. Especially if the Ziyech to Milan links are accurate.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
True but I am thinking he has to be desperate to play in the CL this season at his age and just maybe will go anywhere that gives him the opportunity. And that would be his excuse.
Sporting Lisbon seem much more likely frankly. Especially if some of the rumours about potential outgoing players are true.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Petr Cech also leaving his technical and performance advisor role. Too much changes too soon in my opinion. Hope boehly bring in some one who knows football World and how it works.

Otherwise things will go pretty badly very soon.

cyberman

Sterling, Ronaldo, De Light.
All very non Chelsea signings imo. You’d think the scouts at Chelsea would have smarter moves than that lined up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Petr Cech also leaving his technical and performance advisor role. Too much changes too soon in my opinion. Hope boehly bring in some one who knows football World and how it works.

Otherwise things will go pretty badly very soon.
Would be nice to see another top 6 club with shite ownership :D

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Sterling, Ronaldo, De Light.
All very non Chelsea signings imo. You’d think the scouts at Chelsea would have smarter moves than that lined up.
We aren’t signing Ronaldo, such a nonsense story. But why are the other two not Chelsea signings?

Sterling for £45m would be a bargain, De Ligt could be a way to offload Werner but the fee on top seems quite high

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Would be nice to see another top 6 club with shite ownership :D
I hope this all changes happened just to give tuchel more power as owners promised to him in relation to first team football.

Lukaku loan move showed tuchel already empowered in my opinion. That's big positive if that's the case of changes in sporting director and advisor role.

cyberman

We aren’t signing Ronaldo, such a nonsense story. But why are the other two not Chelsea signings?

Sterling for £45m would be a bargain, De Ligt could be a way to offload Werner but the fee on top seems quite high
You go for younger players (or Lukaku) you don’t really sign players from other top clubs, it’s more players wanting to go to a bigger club.
It’s very Ed Woodward imo. They rarely work out since either too clubs won’t let real quality go. There’s a difference between going there and getting player A from an elite side and signing someone they want to let go.
Kounde is the prime example. He would have been the A typical Chelsea signing.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
You go for younger players (or Lukaku) you don’t really sign players from other top clubs, it’s more players wanting to go to a bigger club.
It’s very Ed Woodward imo. They rarely work out since either too clubs won’t let real quality go. There’s a difference between going there and getting player A from an elite side and signing someone they want to let go.
Kounde is the prime example. He would have been the A typical Chelsea signing.
We’ve signed bags of old players (Eto’o, Higuain, Anelka, Lukaku, Giroud, Pedro, Falcao etc).

But in any case we’re not looking at old players, De Ligt is 22, Kounde is 23, Dembele is 25 and Sterling is 27?

Like I say we won’t go for Ronaldo so ignore that one.

cyberman

We’ve signed bags of old players (Eto’o, Higuain, Anelka, Lukaku, Giroud, Pedro, Falcao etc).

But in any case we’re not looking at old players, De Ligt is 22, Kounde is 23, Dembele is 25 and Sterling is 27?

Like I say we won’t go for Ronaldo so ignore that one.
How many work out though? The absolute core of your squads are the types I’ve mentioned. The only reason you haven’t gone after Ronaldo is apparently because we won’t sell.
Maybe it’ll work out. Who knows. I suppose you haven’t been a threat to Liverpool or City in the league with your recent strategy so this might shake it up .

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Abramovich''s people were never going to work with Clearlake for long. The club will be run in a totally different way on the commercial side. Director of football will be coming in to identify transfer targets with the focus on value and commercial appeal. Already saw Mount getting in the swing of things at the Dodgers...

They're lucky to have inherited Tuchel and whilst we don't have a sporting director yet, hopefully Boehly will defer to him when deciding signings this summer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Next season Chelsea will win either PL or CL. Their trophy winning capabilities is directly proportional to the turmoil at the club. This summer has been a mess for various reasons, which means they will win either PL or CL.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Next season Chelsea will win either PL or CL. Their trophy winning capabilities is directly proportional to the turmoil at the club. This summer has been a mess for various reasons, which means they will win either PL or CL.
It's funny because I have been at peace with how things are going this summer. As soon as the ownership stuff was resolved, the turmoil ended as far as I was concerned. Yeah the team needs a lot of work but it won't all be done in one summer window so I'm just gonna sit back and relax and see how the summer unfolds.

I am side-eyeing the CL though. I think if we get some of our top targets this summer, we could do something there. The league is out of the question though. City and Liverpool are way too consistent, and City have loaded up on more talent.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
if only this applies to us :(

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Not really sure how you consider restructuring as a “mess”. Yes it’s at an unfortunate time and may affect us next season but I definitely don’t consider the current situation to be anything to worry about in the long term. Given whats proceeded this I think patience is in order.

roonster09

Scout
Not really sure how you consider restructuring as a “mess”. Yes it’s at an unfortunate time and may affect us next season but I definitely don’t consider the current situation to be anything to worry about in the long term. Given whats proceeded this I think patience is in order.
I'm not talking about long term, it's about 2022-23 season. I didn't talk about restructuring or anything, it's just about this summer transfer window.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Honestly starting to get concerned by our total lack of any incomings thus far. The new owner has been known and has been around the club for a while now. He will surely have been discussing targets with Tuchel for a couple of months. If not specific names, at least positions of need generally.

We’ve known for 6 months that two of our starting CB’s were likely to leave and yet no new ones have been brought in. All we’ve seen in the media for months is about how ambitious the new guy is and how we have this huge “warchest” of £200m to spend but we’re seeing every rival spending and strengthening whilst we haven’t.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Honestly starting to get concerned by our total lack of any incomings thus far. The new owner has been known and has been around the club for a while now. He will surely have been discussing targets with Tuchel for a couple of months. If not specific names, at least positions of need generally.

We’ve known for 6 months that two of our starting CB’s were likely to leave and yet no new ones have been brought in. All we’ve seen in the media for months is about how ambitious the new guy is and how we have this huge “warchest” of £200m to spend but we’re seeing every rival spending and strengthening whilst we haven’t.
Yes I don’t trust your owner. He seems to be in the acquisition business with various companies and looks to be involved in the business of sports not the love of competition by all accounts. You just have to hope he gets someone smart to run your club from the top and not just collect money for himself of Chelsea’s good name.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

There was the Lukaku situation looming over the club plus there needed to be a restructuring at board level. It was always going to a disrupted kind of summer in that regard, but as long as we get our main targets in before preseason or near the start of preseason, does it really matter that other teams around us announced their signings a few weeks before us?

charlenefan

More concerning than the lack of transfers would be that it's Sterling who's seemingly the top priority :confused:

roonster09

Scout
More concerning than the lack of transfers would be that it's Sterling who's seemingly the top priority :confused:
Sterling is class player, upgrade on every attacker Chelsea have in their squad.

charlenefan

Sterling is class player, upgrade on every attacker Chelsea have in their squad.
Similar things were said about Lukaku

If Chelsea are serious about competing for the title they don't sign a player City feel's best days are behind him

Fair enough sign Sterling plus and even better attacker but him alone? Nah

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea

If Chelsea are serious about competing for the title they don't sign a player City feel's best days are behind him

With Lukaku gone and Ziyech and Werner looking like they’re for sale I can’t imagine Sterling will be our only attacking signing.

roonster09

Scout

Not sure why City are selling him, maybe contract or playing time I'm not sure. He wanted to leave last summer IIRC.

I think they will sign few more players.

charlenefan

Not sure why City are selling him, maybe contract or playing time I'm not sure. He wanted to leave last summer IIRC.

I think they will sign few more players.
Yeah his contract doesn't have long left on it and City can't guarantee him the same amount of game time as they have done in the past

BerryBerryShrew

Ronaldo to Chelsea would be the definition of a sideways move- it makes no sense. It is really difficult at this point to predict who will have the better season between us and them and neither of us are likely to win major silverware so why would he leave? My guess is that he'd go to Sporting if he did force an exit but I'm 99% certain he's staying.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

We are not fighting for title coming season until we solve our defense. Sterling good value for money signing. He is a hard worker who has pace. We don't need 100 mn to sign him like it was for lukaku.

If tuchel wants him then I am happy and hope he has plan to utilise him properly.

cyberman

With Lukaku gone and Ziyech and Werner looking like they’re for sale I can’t imagine Sterling will be our only attacking signing.
So that would be 6/7 starting quality players you need to sign since you lost so many important defenders as well?

Pickle85

I think Sterling will be a great signing for them if it happens. He's a hard worker, pacey and has really good movement. Depending on price hes absolutely on my FF team shortlist next season if he goes to Chelsea.

GlasgowCeltic

Sterling will give them 3-4 good years then inevitably be farmed off to Arsenal for a nominal fee

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
So that would be 6/7 starting quality players you need to sign since you lost so many important defenders as well?
We’ve got too many attackers currently (Lukaku, CHO, Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Mount, Ziyech) not to mention bringing Broja back. We can stand to lose 2-3 and only bring 1-2 in.

Gallagher coming into the middle gives us (Kovacic, Kante, Jorginho, RLC, Barkley, Gallagher and maybe even Gilmour) so loads of depth there, if we sign a midfielder we have ample space to clear a couple out

Defence is the area that needs reinforcing most, but overall I think we could lose 8 players with the need to only sign 5. We’ve got a massively bloated squad so I’m sure Boehly will want to reduce the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.