Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Tuchel is not a Klopp at heart and without evident backing (in the transfer market) & patting (or pampering, if you like) from the new owners, he will sulk a bit imho.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
That's not exactly hard :lol:
Oh of course - it's a very low bar. But there's nothing to suggest these new owners are likely to be anywhere near as impulsive and ridiculous as Abramovich at his peak was - and the extent to which Tuchel has been involved in our transfer business already suggests his job is very safe.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sterling is a quality. Criminally underrated. Would be a very good addition to Chelsea.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I don't rate him that highly. I think they will be fighting for top 6 at best and the owners will have bought into the Premier League and Champions League powerhouse sales pitch, it won't be enough for them, at least until they get used to it. They will give him a decent transfer fund this summer and won't be happy when it doesn't get their expected results.
It’s interesting how a manager like Tuchel isn’t good enough but Ten Hag has become the messiah overnight. Someone who literally has less in his CV.
Tuchel will be gone by summer. He would be gone by Christmas if not for the fact the new owners won't want to rock the boat too much early doors.

In a few years they will be back to mid table averageness. Maybe with a cup run here and there.
This no history pre-RA joke is pretty old and factually incorrect. We were the modern day equivalent of Arsenal or spurs at the time of purchase.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I don't rate him that highly. I think they will be fighting for top 6 at best and the owners will have bought into the Premier League and Champions League powerhouse sales pitch, it won't be enough for them, at least until they get used to it. They will give him a decent transfer fund this summer and won't be happy when it doesn't get their expected results.
You are not our owners. And I knew you will die for ten hag if he achieved for you in next five years what tuchel achieved for us in his first one and half years.

Whatever we heard from rumours boehly and co gave utmost respect to tuchel. Include him and give him right to veto transfer targets and has final say in transfers too.

He is in better position than whatever manager chelsea signed under previous regime.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They will be a really interesting case this summer.

Most didn’t think they would lose two of their CBs in January, and they have lost both of them. So they really are down to the bare bones if they continue to play a back 3.

They also urgently need cover for James, although Emerson could well return and solve that problem on the left.

Jorginho and Kante are both on the decline so a top player in that area of the pitch would have been a focus normally, if it wasn’t for the lack of options at the back.

They have the Lukaku situation to sort out and I feel like they still lack that top drawer wide player with a lot of good, not truly great, options (Werner, HO, Pulisic, Ziyech etc…)

I suppose a summer of Kounde, Sterling, Dembele, a returning Gallagher/Broja and an RWB would be a good summer and would set them up quite well.

Their squad is massive though and they really need a clear out.

Kepa
Alonso
Barkley
Ziyech
Lukaku
Batshuayi

…at a minimum

But if they get their targets, they may actually go into next season a more balanced squad, with a better first eleven, than last year.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure I'd be totally on board with re-signing Ake tbh. He's good yes, but we should be going for a better quality of CB

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure I'd be totally on board with re-signing Ake tbh. He's good yes, but we should be going for a better quality of CB
Blocking an academy graduate’s path to the first team by signing a former academy graduate who initially left because he didn’t have a path to the first team. So Chelsea :lol:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Blocking an academy graduate’s path to the first team by signing a former academy graduate who initially left because he didn’t have a path to the first team. So Chelsea :lol:
Exactly. I think its likely just press speculation.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It’s interesting how a manager like Tuchel isn’t good enough but Ten Hag has become the messiah overnight. Someone who literally has less in his CV.
I like him so far in fairness, first thing he did was gas up the squad he inherited specifically name checking Maguire in the process!

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's 76 and an Abramovich man from day one, so not exactly a surprise.

mctrials23

Chelsea will be fine next season. They are very unlikely to compete with City for the title but I think that City will run away with it if Haaland stays fit. I think Liverpool won't be quite as good next season and Chelsea will be competing with us and Tottenham for 3rd/4th places as long as we have a decent summer and the players don't decide playing under ETH is a lot of work.

justsomebloke

Changing managers at least give you chance to find someone capable to move forward but backing mediocre managers won't provide that chance.
Yeah well, the problem I guess is when to conclude that a manager is mediocre. That's not automatically the case if the results don't come in season 1. I'm pretty sure United has already concluded EtH isn't a mediocre manager, presumably that's why they signed him.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea look like they are going through more change than United this summer (bar the coach).

Will be interesting to see how both teams approach things. Tuchel should offer that extra bit of stability but behind the scenes much like United it will be all change.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think he's committing a big mistake, could really feck them up if he's not as good as the previous regime and considering that he probably has had zero experience in being involved in European football, I'll be worried.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not worries. It's just .. I don't know what to think of it. He had no experience in European football before Chelsea, so the idea that he's going to lead transfer negotiations seems a bit random. I suppose talking numbers, fees, bonuses, contractual structures etc doesn't really change that much if you have enough experience in that sort of field but yeah, interesting!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Who did we sack that didn't deserve to be?.
I'm not as well informed in Chelsea matters as I'm about United (obviously) but I guess you could say that considering their resume and achievements both prior and with Chelsea Ancelotti and conte deserved to stay.

(Unless you're dressing room had completely imploded).

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah well, the problem I guess is when to conclude that a manager is mediocre. That's not automatically the case if the results don't come in season 1. I'm pretty sure United has already concluded EtH isn't a mediocre manager, presumably that's why they signed him.
I am not saying ten hag is bad. Just don't do same mistakes if he failed to deliver. Performance validation must for any job and especially at top.

For me if you get 75 points yet not getting top 4 then you can say he deserved more chance but giving him free this season then that will put you in same downward spiral.Things will become more and more difficult.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Chelsea fans, was she actually any good? She seemed very divisive among the online fanbase.

What's their CB situation looking like for next season? They've lost Rudiger and Christensen now if I'm not mistaken. I know Kounde was linked quite heavily but apparently Barca are being cock-blockers and are nabbing him instead.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea fans, was she actually any good? She seemed very divisive among the online fanbase.
She was got a lot of the blame for transfer decisions when in reality she had zero input on those sort of things. She was told who to sell/buy and generally got it done.

She got some abuse from people who didn't understand her role.

Abraxas

It's a big summer for Chelsea. When you look at the holes in that squad and how far off they are, it's clear they need a lot of work. I think they sort of flew under the radar because they were always getting CL football, and we were especially terrible. Also Tuchel has a lot of credit in the bank and rightly so. But ultimately they were pretty poor and a long way off the leaders both in points and performance.

They've got some big things to solve in terms of Lukaku, the striker situation, the defenders they've lost, a midfield that's lost a bit of its lustre as the players age (albeit they're still serviceable).

Status
Not open for further replies.