Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

justsomebloke

I am not saying ten hag is bad. Just don't do same mistakes if he failed to deliver. Performance validation must for any job and especially at top.

For me if you get 75 points yet not getting top 4 then you can say he deserved more chance but giving him free this season then that will put you in same downward spiral.Things will become more and more difficult.
Personally I'd be all for a bit more patience than that.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea fans, was she actually any good? She seemed very divisive among the online fanbase.

What's their CB situation looking like for next season? They've lost Rudiger and Christensen now if I'm not mistaken. I know Kounde was linked quite heavily but apparently Barca are being cock-blockers and are nabbing him instead.
Voted the best club Director in December and #5 for most powerful female in sports in 2018 by Forbes. Was she good? Damn right. She will be a big loss unless they can hire someone similarly competent to replace her.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Can't laugh much at other teams transfer business given the shambles we are but this is actually hilarious.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Can't laugh much at other teams transfer business given the shambles we are but this is actually hilarious.
It's so tragic in retrospect but I'm absolutely certain accounts like that were counting up all the outgoings and celebrating that we spent £97m on Lukaku with a net spend of near £0 last summer..

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

Well we are doing this kind since Costa for Morata matic for bakayoko but what we failed to do was recognising the importance of quickly extend contract for Rudi instead we let rudiger and Christensen contract talks dragged longer. Still we could have made at least rudiger to extend his contract if not for sanctions. Certain things forced our hands. Chalobah Silva colwill sarr all four are our current cb options if we failed to sign any other cb.

Last edited:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Nah if anything he'll be their wish versions of Woody, they're not gonna have the cash that we had at their disposal anymore.
It depends how much the ownership are willing to pump in. We have wealthier owners now than we did under Roman, albeit it is a group rather than individual.

So looking at it in black and white, we actually have the ability now to spend more than we could under Roman. But whether they will invest as much, im not sure, if the Dodgers are anything to go by, then yes they will

But again... thats baseball

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
It's so tragic in retrospect but I'm absolutely certain accounts like that were counting up all the outgoings and celebrating that we spent £97m on Lukaku with a net spend of near £0 last summer..
and not only that, some of those academy boys wanted to go. So it was out of the clubs hands to an extent

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Marina was very good at selling, but hit and miss on purchases although she doesnt decide who to buy, its down to scouts and manager.

She does divide the fanbase, i didnt mind her, but definitely not the best CEO the club has had, that was Colin Hutchinson, the guy was superb.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It depends how much the ownership are willing to pump in. We have wealthier owners now than we did under Roman, albeit it is a group rather than individual.

So looking at it in black and white, we actually have the ability now to spend more than we could under Roman. But whether they will invest as much, im not sure, if the Dodgers are anything to go by, then yes they will

But again... thats baseball
I don't know, I'll be very worried about the fact that it's a group as they're probably mostly looking at it from a revenue generating endeavor (who doesn't)while with romance i think he genuinely enjoyed the fact that the club was being successful, money was secondary to him.

Also the American sporting system seems to function in closed economy sorts of way so not very similar to football.

Anyway in the end im sure if ejecting cash means they're going to benefit more they'll do it, but I doubt that would be the case.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Well we are doing this kind since Costa for Morata matic for bakayoko but what we failed to do was recognising the importance of quickly extend contract for Rudi instead we let rudiger and Christensen contract talks dragged longer. Still we could have made at least rudiger to extend his contract if not for sanctions. Certain things forced our hands. Chalobah Silva colwill sarr all four are our current cb options if we failed to sign any other cb.
But we're going to sign another one (at least), aren't we.

Rudiger was a big loss but as you say, our hands were kinda tied and its hard to resist Real Madrid. Can't say I'm that fussed about Christensen, there's a top player in there somewhere (and I always want an academy product to do well) but Chelsea have never been able to get the best out of him consistently.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Not worries. It's just .. I don't know what to think of it. He had no experience in European football before Chelsea, so the idea that he's going to lead transfer negotiations seems a bit random. I suppose talking numbers, fees, bonuses, contractual structures etc doesn't really change that much if you have enough experience in that sort of field but yeah, interesting!
I don't like to say this as an Arsenal fan but I think Boehly is way too smart to want to personally run the club's transfer business.

When he and Mark Walter went to buy the Dodgers, one of the first things they did was add a very experienced baseball executive in Stan Kasten to their team who could actually run the franchise on an operational level. And then pretty quickly afterward they looked to add one of the brightest young minds in the game to be their general manager (equivalent of sporting director). Everything about Boehly's track record suggests that he understands the importance of hiring good people who are actually experts on the sporting side and then letting them go to work. Nothing about his track record suggests that he wants to be Daniel Levy.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
The new era? Candidates to win the PL as soon as Pep is gone. Even if Roman's money is gone, they are still an incredibly well-run and serious football club. It's been like that since the '90s, actually.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
But we're going to sign another one (at least), aren't we.

Rudiger was a big loss but as you say, our hands were kinda tied and its hard to resist Real Madrid. Can't say I'm that fussed about Christensen, there's a top player in there somewhere (and I always want an academy product to do well) but Chelsea have never been able to get the best out of him consistently.
Yes and tuchel also likes to play Reece as rcb in some big games. We try to bring another RWB as well. I also think we never lost a game with chalobah when he started in our side and he started 17 games. So it's not all doom and gloom.

We linked with lots of cb s too not only kounde. Bremer,skrniar,kimpembe.

Now finally new management took over fully we will see lot of movement in market from us i hope.

TheReligion

Abusive
The new era? Candidates to win the PL as soon as Pep is gone. Even if Roman's money is gone, they are still an incredibly well-run and serious football club. It's been like that since the '90s, actually.
Perhaps you missed some of what they’ve been doing in the transfer market the past few seasons…

And since the 90s?! :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Not sure if the account is just joking.

Edit: Fake account FFS, shame.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Also Marina is out but stays as an advisor of some sort until the end of the transfer window.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
New Chelsea owner Todd Boehly appoints HIMSELF as interim sporting director as the club confirms the departure of Marina Granovskaia... with the American billionaire also named chairman of the board
  • Chelsea have announced a restructuring of their hierarchy under Todd Boehly
  • The American has been named as the club's chairman to replace Bruce Buck
  • He has also chosen to install himself as interim sporting director at Chelsea
  • The club confirmed the widely-expected departure of Marina Granovskaia

:nervous::nervous::nervous:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
New Chelsea owner Todd Boehly appoints HIMSELF as interim sporting director as the club confirms the departure of Marina Granovskaia... with the American billionaire also named chairman of the board
  • Chelsea have announced a restructuring of their hierarchy under Todd Boehly
  • The American has been named as the club's chairman to replace Bruce Buck
  • He has also chosen to install himself as interim sporting director at Chelsea
  • The club confirmed the widely-expected departure of Marina Granovskaia

:nervous::nervous::nervous:
There will be a new sporting director coming in. Rumours today about trying to secure Michael Edwards, though that seems like a long shot to me.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
So all these rumors of him wanting out might be true? I think he would do well at Chelsea and make them an instant contender for 1 year

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
So all these rumors of him wanting out might be true? I think he would do well at Chelsea and make them an instant contender for 1 year
I doubt he will play for another pl club. Bayern is a real possibility for him if Lewandowski goes.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Can't imagine Tuchel wanting Ronaldo as he's too old to have the work rate and pressing, great finisher still obviously . Smacks of the new owners looking at the marketing $ his signing would generate...

Status
Not open for further replies.