Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStarUnited

The speed and decisiveness’s of their transfer strategy is shocking.

new owners with no football background and new transfer people (I assume) are moving swiftly in the market.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

new owners with no football background and new transfer people (I assume) are moving swiftly in the market.
The old team setup a few deals already

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

How's that exactly? They've lost a ton of defenders and don't appear to be close to bringing anyone in. They haven't done a deal yet for Sterling. And they've literally just paid what's been known to be asking price for Raphinha for weeks. Nothing amazingly decisive going on here

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
How's that exactly? They've lost a ton of defenders and don't appear to be close to bringing anyone in. They haven't done a deal yet for Sterling. And they've literally just paid what's been known to be asking price for Raphinha for weeks. Nothing amazingly decisive going on here
Meanwhile your haggling for a player who isn’t even keen on joining you. What’s your point?

Honestly I’d prefer they take their time with transfers than have the usual scattergun approach that got us players like Sidwell, Ben Haim and Drinkwater.

The Raphinha deal literally shows that not even the media has a clue what’s going on at the club and after last season, I for one am enjoying us keeping a low profile. My expectations for next season are definitely reserved, I said this before but this is a time to be patient.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
He has excellent movement off the ball but Chelsea don't have the eye for the pass like City do.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
With the massive turnover in personnel I think any challenge to City or Liverpool in the league will be too soon still. For me this season should be all about forming a new identity and doing some serious damage in the Champions League again.

Think a good season will be at least making the gap between us and the top 2 less embarrassing than it has been (like, single digit points behind maybe) and making the last 4 of the CL again.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Meanwhile your haggling for a player who isn’t even keen on joining you. What’s your point?
His point is about Chelsea and feck all to do with ManUtd.

I don't see him saying "ManUtd are very quick in closing the deals".

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
It won't be sideways. It will be dragging their team backwards by a year or two, IMO.
Don't worry we don't have money to give Ronaldo size wages. Ageing ronaldo not a type of player tuchel would want in his team either.

And Ronaldo won't goto another pl team to tarnish his legendary United man image. There are plenty against him move to Chelsea. But one rumour you all are desperate to hang on. :lol:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
We went through a change in ownership. I think Boehly wanted to sort out how the hell the Lukaku deal came about last year and who was responsible for that £97m mistake before knowing who to trust with transfers. Now that the ball is rolling it is enjoyable. Most of June really sucked for us transfer muppets.

Becks00

Honestly I’d prefer they take their time with transfers than have the usual scattergun approach that got us players like Sidwell, Ben Haim and Drinkwater.

The Raphinha deal literally shows that not even the media has a clue what’s going on at the club and after last season, I for one am enjoying us keeping a low profile. My expectations for next season are definitely reserved, I said this before but this is a time to be patient.
This point is stupid, giving the fact that even the Raphinha you are signing isn't that keen on joining you should Barca find the needed funds.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
This point is stupid, giving the fact that even the Raphinha you are signing isn't that keen on joining you should Barca find the needed funds.
I don't think we are begging raphinha for his signing. When we approached to the player in past two days he is willing to move to us and player is happy about it.

May be his choice was between Barca and arsenal he wanted to wait for Barca but when we approached he accepted our offer. Nothing suggests he wanted to choose Barca over us.

Becks00

I don't think we are begging raphinha for his signing. When we approached to the player in past two days he is willing to move to us and player is happy about it.

May be his choice was between Barca and arsenal he wanted to wait for Barca but when we approached he accepted our offer. Nothing suggests he wanted to choose Barca over us.
If Barca meets Leeds asking price, he most likely would move there over Chelsea.

Same as with Dembele, should Barca offer him what he wants, he would most likely stay there over moving to Chelsea. The dude's point on FdJ was not quite the snipe back he thinks it is.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
If Barca meets Leeds asking price, he most likely would move there over Chelsea.

Same as with Dembele, should Barca offer him what he wants, he would most likely stay there over moving to Chelsea. The dude's point on FdJ was not quite the snipe back he thinks it is.
No mate whatever he talks about de Jong nothing to do with raphinha or dembele decisions to join chelsea. We provides CL as well as equal money Barca offered to them if not better.

De Jong may have to think about your EL adventure.That's big negative in your negotiations in my opinion compared to chelsea.Otherwise at this time he signs for you.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No mate whatever he talks about de Jong nothing to do with raphinha or dembele decisions to join chelsea. We provides CL as well as equal money Barca offered to them if not better.

De Jong may have to think about your EL adventure.That's big negative in your negotiations in my opinion compared to chelsea.Otherwise at this time he signs for you.
He is signing, it's like saying Raphinha is not interested to move to Chelsea, otherwise at this time he would have signed for you. Every deal takes time, this one took more time as it's a deal to sign big player, dealing with big club.

Anyways it's stupid to bring Manutd into this. No one said ManUtd completed transfers quickly.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Raphinha isn't worth more than £40-45m ish.

Looks like Neymar is available and Silva is doing the tapping up. Tuchel knows him already. Interesting possibility.

Becks00

There you go

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
From the same source… Why would Leeds take less? Barca needs to up their price.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
There you go
I think your source in twitter was proper Barca fan and worried about how can we convince Leeds to sell him for less money :lol: . Then the same source told deco will meet chelsea representatives tomorrow :lol:. And same source also said player and deco wants Barca. You couldn't make it up.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
That guys twitter account has this pinned
....yet you scroll down and every single one of his tweets has a full moon :lol: :lol:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
A lot is being made of Deco at Barca today. No doubt he checked about Barca raising their bid. He was scheduled to be there today before Chelsea ever put in a bid for Raphinho to celebrate Laporte’s birthday.

Becks00

I think your source in twitter was proper Barca fan and worried about how can we convince Leeds to sell him for less money :lol: . Then the same source told deco will meet chelsea representatives tomorrow :lol:. And same source also said player and deco wants Barca. You couldn't make it up.
You don't seem to get my point, which is that Raphinha's first choice is Barcelona and should they not be able to find the money needed to sign him then he would obviously sign for Chelsea. This is quite analogous to the De Jong and Man utd situation where the player would prefer staying at Barca but has no issue coming to Man utd should their financial situation demand that.

Initial poster I responded to made a snipe remark about Utd begging a player to sign without understanding the nuances of the situation, meanwhile the club he supports (Chelsea) are in a similar situation with another player.

TheReligion

Abusive
Raphinha isn't worth more than £40-45m ish.

Looks like Neymar is available and Silva is doing the tapping up. Tuchel knows him already. Interesting possibility.
Could see Neymar at Chelsea and in London.

Would be very interesting signing

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
There transfer targets seem odd to me.

Apparently there close to wrapping up a deal for Ake...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good fecking lord. That is grim and absolutely shameful.
Crazy story to read. Shameful indeed. Not sure how a man like that has been allowed to inflict that much chaos and damage to people totally unchecked. Hopefully this report shines a bright light on him and that department bringing new scrutiny and pressure to act.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
You don't seem to get my point, which is that Raphinha's first choice is Barcelona and should they not be able to find the money needed to sign him then he would obviously sign for Chelsea. This is quite analogous to the De Jong and Man utd situation where the player would prefer staying at Barca but has no issue coming to Man utd should their financial situation demand that.

Initial poster I responded to made a snipe remark about Utd begging a player to sign without understanding the nuances of the situation, meanwhile the club he supports (Chelsea) are in a similar situation with another player.
I don't know his first choice is Barcelona or not because I didn't read anywhere he openly said Barcelona is his first choice. All I heard with credible sources he is closing to agree personal terms with chelsea.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know his first choice is Barcelona or not because I didn't read anywhere he openly said Barcelona is his first choice. All I heard with credible sources he is closing to agree personal terms with chelsea.
He said it back when Arsenal was trying to negotiate for him. Said it was his dream club, a sentiment shared by many South American players.

justsomebloke

There transfer targets seem odd to me.

Apparently there close to wrapping up a deal for Ake...
Not that I have anything against Ake, but it's hard not to think "what, they're trying to catch up with City by signing their fourth choice CB?". Logically, if Ake isn't good enough to play regularly for City but is good enough to do so for Chelsea, you're not really catching up are you?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The Ake move is a bit baffling. I don't know what he's supposed to offer apart from come in and be squad player.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
The Ake move is a bit baffling. I don't know what he's supposed to offer apart from come in and be squad player.
For me I guess it depends on the formation we play. If we are sticking with the back 3 and are bringing in de Ligt/Koulibaly/Skriniar/Koundé as the other CB on the right I am fine with Aké as the LCB.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
For me I guess it depends on the formation we play. If we are sticking with the back 3 and are bringing in de Ligt/Koulibaly/Skriniar/Koundé as the other CB on the right I am fine with Aké as the LCB.
I suppose I could see the logic there but I just don't see him as player that is good enough to be a regular starter at Chelsea. He's better than Sarr, so that's something at least, but so is Colwill. I'd prefer to get Koulibaly for the LCB and then Kounde or De Ligt (if the money isn't ridiculous).

Status
Not open for further replies.