Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

cyberman

T
I really don't get this. Have you given thought to the fact that maybe, just maybe it's you and a few others who choose to view an oppo's view of your team and players as just simply WUM so you can find something to be outraged about?
It's not necessarily you, but a very very few of your fellow fans just can't stand the thought of an oppo fan having and actual alternative view to theirs on their team and players. They are the ones who always seem to be on the prowl (on the freaking internet) looking for something from an oppo fan to get upset about even if similar views are held by other fellow United fans as well. @roonster09 is one of them, patrolling every oppo team page looking to pick a fight under the guise of “its a United forum”...pounds chest!!
Others might just simply look past it and scroll on, I understand they are the mature guys and I respect that, but I'm the type who'll take you right down the gutters and stay there if you wish to so I don't give a shit and will tell you as it is. Roonster09 is a fecking crybaby who needs some self examination guidelines.
To be fair you claimed the only test you saw for Chelsea in the Southampton, Madrid and Utd run was Atletico.
Blatant windup and didnt exactly work out for you.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I know, right!

You could cut then sexual tension in here with a knife.

Seriously though, I think people don't know there is an ignore function on here. I know people have me on ignore and I have a few on my list, I'd love to know the ratio!
I think it’s just me who sees your post bro. :D

dinostar77

Both have been injured/suffered with covid and both have been kind of just poor. Sad really as I was looking forward to seeing them play for Chelsea so much. I feel like I have seen nothing but brief glimpses of both of them.
They are both young and will be good players.for the club. It will take some time for tuchel to implement his way of playing and philosophy. For now he just needs to confirm CL CL qualification as do we. I think he is erring on the side of caution and picking experienced players where possible while he gets to grips with the league.

Chelsea will do what they always do, buy a player or two that the manager requests. Then totally ignore him after that and buy in players that the rich chick and her entourage think they need. Then the manager gets pissed off. Gets sacked and chelsea start again. So i expect Tuchel to leave under a cloud in two seasons time. Classic chelsea.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I'm the three time, reigning and defending "best oppo poster" I'll have you know.

Also I get replies calling me a cnut far too often for me to be on everyone's ignore list!
The league of opposition posters on the Caf is so poor currently that you have been easily running away with the title! We need proper competition in order to challenge you, not boring and WUM oppos!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Very early days yet with them. But they’ve got the ability to bring you up a level or 2 if they can reach their best. Mount has been very good mind.
Yeah if the new signings had managed to be just ok, I think we'd be comfortably in the top 4. The fact that both of these two have been so utterly non-existent is what's disappointing. At least Ziyech had the two games against Sheffield Utd and Burnley earlier in the season where he looked incredible. Havertz has, for various reasons, had a nothing season so far.

Last edited:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah if the new signings had manage be just ok, I think we'd be comfortably in the top 4. The fact that both of these two have been so utterly non-existent is what's disappointing. At least Ziyech had the two games against Sheffield Utd and Burnley earlier in the season where he looked incredible. Havertz has, for various reasons, had a nothing season so far.
Could inadvertently work out for us next season (assuming it's teething issues that are the problem) as they will be relitevely well rested in what has been a relentless football schedule.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Could inadvertently work out for us next season (assuming it's teething issues that are the problem) as they will be relitevely well rested in what has been a relentless football schedule.
The treatment of Havertz by Lampard and Tuchel couldn't be more different. Lampard threw him into cold water and it looked like he wasn't ready to swim yet while Tuchel has barely played him at all, even though the attack is currently your biggest concern I think. I hope this pays off. I mean, I was happy to get such a high sum in covid times for him (and still think he's worth it) and he joined an immensely talented team but had my doubts if Lampard was the right coach for him. Tuchel, at least on paper, is a better fit IMO. Interesting that he sees Havertz as a false 9 primarily since I'd have said his best position is the 8.

Pagh Wraith

But then when you opposition fans who comes with pile of shit like you always do, then obviously you will be called out. You are so butthurt for calling you out on your shit posts it's funny.
Quite ironic coming from you and definitely worthy of finally putting you on ignore.

dbs235

Gotta say, I am a little concerned he'll get some really good backing from Roman in the next two summer windows and have them looking really good soon.
Same, and they seem to be heavily linked with Haaland too which is concerning.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
What a pile of nonsense. Only time I had discussion/argument with you was when you made a braindead post about Rashford which was rightly called out and laughed at. You still make the same shit post and you still the same shit replies, not everyone is a WUM, but there are bunch of posters and you are one of them who is nothing but a troll and a shit one too.

I have no problem with opposition fans, I have reasonable discussions with posters like @TheMagicFoolBus and few others

But then when you opposition fans who comes with pile of shit like you always do, then obviously you will be called out. You are so butthurt for calling you out on your shit posts it's funny.

Maybe it would have been good if you were at least a troll for your own good but maybe you are just a dumb guy with shit opinions. That's sad.
“called out and laughed at”...:lol:! If I remember correctly (who are we kidding of course I do) I had more posters (United fans no less) agreeing with my initial post on the issue which started with a comparison and personal preference between Sane and Rashford (SMH). You just couldn't bear to see an oppo fan with Mount in his user name dare choose Sane over Rashford...in a United forum, came straight at me ignoring all the other United fans with similar opinions.
You've obviously never been the same again after our exchange and I understand. It's hard work turning into oppo shit posts police but someone's gotta do it right.
What's funny is that for some strange reason you seem to be under the impression that I could possibly care about what some stranger I'll most definitely never ever meet in real life, with a made-up name, in a public football forum, over the internet thinks about my posts.
And no I'm not gonna put you on ignore, obviously you kinda need this because how else will you be able to follow me around telling everyone you can to go read my other posts:lol::lol:
I'll make them extra shit just for you my friend, just for you.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
T

To be fair you claimed the only test you saw for Chelsea in the Southampton, Madrid and Utd run was Atletico.
Blatant windup and didnt exactly work out for you.
Not as blatant as you chose to see it. Maybe your interpretation of a test is different from mine. This post was made without the benefit of hindsight and at that moment ATM was the team I thought was significantly better than us and would take a lot of effort to get a good result from. I thought we were pretty much at par with United and was going to be an evenly matched game whiles we should really beat Southampton. Obviously didn't work out that way but my definition of a test is a game we go into as significant underdogs.
I remember the post well and I didn't explain my position so I understand if one could read it that way.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
“called out and laughed at”...:lol:! If I remember correctly (who are we kidding of course I do) I had more posters (United fans no less) agreeing with my initial post on the issue which started with a comparison and personal preference between Sane and Rashford (SMH). You just couldn't bear to see an oppo fan with Mount in his user name dare choose Sane over Rashford...in a United forum, came straight at me ignoring all the other United fans with similar opinions.
You've obviously never been the same again after our exchange and I understand. It's hard work turning into oppo shit posts police but someone's gotta do it right.
What's funny is that for some strange reason you seem to be under the impression that I could possibly care about what some stranger I'll most definitely never ever meet in real life, with a made-up name, in a public football forum, over the internet thinks about my posts.
And no I'm not gonna put you on ignore, obviously you kinda need this because how else will you be able to follow me around telling everyone you can to go read my other posts:lol::lol:
You write some shit fairplay

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You should rethink putting him on ignore, can only recommend.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I hope so, but neither have filled me with confidence. Ziyech especially might end up being the odd man out this summer, which would be such a shame. Seeing bits of discontent brewing in the fanbase about him already.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I hope so, but neither have filled me with confidence. Ziyech especially might end up being the odd man out this summer, which would be such a shame. Seeing bits of discontent brewing in the fanbase about him already.
Yeah Ziyech is the one I'm worried about which surprised me a little as he was the one I was convinced would have the best immediate impact, as Bruno Fernandes and Alexis Sanchez shown/showed the heroball/high risk type of players tend to work in the PL.

Werner is 50/50, part of me thinks with a settled defined role and a good coach we will have at the very least an effective system player but there's another part of me that things Tuchel's possession based system isn't for him.

Havertz is the one I'm not worried about, moving to a new country in unprecedented times then falling ill then coming back into the midst of a team in the process of a massive collapse. He's too good not to come good in my opinion.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah Ziyech is the one I'm worried about which surprised me a little as he was the one I was convinced would have the best immediate impact, as Bruno Fernandes and Alexis Sanchez shown/showed the heroball/high risk type of players tend to work in the PL.

Werner is 50/50, part of me thinks with a settled defined role and a good coach we will have at the very least an effective system player but there's another part of me that things Tuchel's possession based system isn't for him.

Havertz is the one I'm not worried about, moving to a new country in unprecedented times then falling ill then coming back into the midst of a team in the process of a massive collapse. He's too good not to come good in my opinion.
Yeah there is something about the way we play under Tuchel that seems at odds with Ziyech's qualities. I hope that with some rest and a preseason Tuchel will eventually open up the playbook, as they say in the NFL, and implement a more balanced approach. I have no worries about Havertz either, in fact, forgive the cliches, but considering we have hardly seen anything noteworthy from him, he may just be like a new signing for the team next season.

Last edited:

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Please keep the personal attacks out of this thread and discuss the footy instead.
A thousand apologies to every one in here. Sorry for derailing the thread so much.

Loving the discussions ongoing about Ziyech and his role in our current setup. Personally I think the limited options we provide upfront due to our new setup is playing a huge role in his perceived lack of interest. Remember he came from a team who setup ensured there were always passing options around him as they pushed more bodies forward. Chelsea hardly do that esp in this 3-4-3 setup. I don't think his quality will really show through if Tuchel plans on sticking to this game plan during his time here. We will have to work out a more expansive and direct setup to really bring out his quality. I also feel the same way about Pulisic.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I look at this season as Tuchel trying to repair leaks on a ship underway. I hope we make top 4 and Tuchel is afforded a full season including off season training with the players. I am not going to judge any player too harshly given the circumstance, but praise those that raise above the craziness that is a team trying to make adjustments to save a season.

tomaldinho1

What are Chelsea fans thinking tonight? Happy with a draw or try to exploit the injuries?

I think for United, a 0-0 would be ideal

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
We need all three points. A draw would not be the worst thing to happen, but it is not like our schedule is going to get any easier. We need to start winning again.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What are Chelsea fans thinking tonight? Happy with a draw or try to exploit the injuries?

I think for United, a 0-0 would be ideal
Alisson, Fabinho, and Jota are back right?

I worry a bit because we've looked worse when pressed aggressively. I feel like Kante almost has to play given Liverpool's quality in transition - I suspect Tuchel might have him man mark Firmino pretty closely. Hopefully we play with more pace up top, as Liverpool don't tend to sit deep and there's often space behind their fullbacks - Werner almost has to play. I'd love to see Havertz as well as a false 9 especially with Tammy out.

Raredaredevil

Gotta say, I am a little concerned he'll get some really good backing from Roman in the next two summer windows and have them looking really good soon.
I wouldn't be worried about him. Obviously he is a good manager but he is not on the elite level. He has the best squad in PSG but yet he couldn't win them the CL and consistently bottle it in the latter stages of the competition. If he was still there this season, he would have also lost them the title. He has also proven at his previous stints that when things goes badly for him, they would go downhill very quickly.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I wouldn't be worried about him. Obviously he is a good manager but he is not on the elite level. He has the best squad in PSG but yet he couldn't win them the CL and consistently bottle it in the latter stages of the competition. If he was still there this season, he would have also lost them the title. He has also proven at his previous stints that when things goes badly for him, they would go downhill very quickly.
Right :lol:

tomaldinho1

This seems a very strong opinion to form on a manager who has had a pretty good career so far...

Raredaredevil

This seems a very strong opinion to form on a manager who has had a pretty good career so far...
I'm not doubting his record as a manager. He is a good manager, no doubt about it but towards the end of his tenure, things always end badly for him. He seems to do a Jose, fell out with the board and go on a drastic poor run of results. Just ask any Dortmund or PSG fans.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'm not doubting his record as a manager. He is a good manager, no doubt about it but towards the end of his tenure, things always end badly for him. He seems to do a Jose, fell out with the board and go on a drastic poor run of results. Just ask any Dortmund or PSG fans.
I think most Dortmund fans would've taken Tuchel back in a heart beat during the last 3 or even 4 years. He's got an exceptional reputation over here. You have to be careful with predictions like these but if I were to rank the coaches in the EPL currently I'd place him as third behind Guardiola and Klopp although I also think very highly of Bielsa. Interestingly he's like a mixture of those three. In the beginning he was seen as Klopp 2.0 at Mainz, then he developed into a huge Guardiola admirer but he's also less diplomatic than both and can be difficult to work with, like Bielsa (who himeslf was a role model to Guardiola again). So let's see.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Tuchel's record after the Monaco games (-> final breakup with the club management over the bomb attack) was 5W 2D 0L. This includes beating Bayern and then Frankfurt for the DFB cup title.

In addition to the two losses against Monaco with a shaken squad, he lost only 4 of 31 games between December 2016 and May 2017.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Tuchel did a terrific job at Dortmund as far as the football is concerned. The only reason why he got fired and why he is disliked is his behaviour off the pitch.

Inter Yer Nan

I thought he only had two cracks with PSG and the loss to Bayern was to a truly special team. The United loss the year prior was a massive bottle job I'll give you that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel did a terrific job at Dortmund as far as the football is concerned. The only reason why he got fired and why he is disliked is his behaviour off the pitch.
I checked out Dortmund's subreddit when we appointed Tuchel (those guys are seriously pining after Klopp to come back to them :lol: ) and their mood towards him seemed to be exactly as you said. He's a bit of a difficult guy to get along with but he's great tactically.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I checked out Dortmund's subreddit when we appointed Tuchel (those guys are seriously pining after Klopp to come back to them :lol: ) and their mood towards him seemed to be exactly as you said. He's a bit of a difficult guy to get along with but he's great tactically.
If there's one undisputed characteristic of Tuchel, it's his tactical prowess. I think his ties in the German coaching scene are quite telling in this regard. Many people associate him with Klopp because both trained Mainz and Dortmund and at the time had similar playing styles. But Tuchel himself trained under Ralf Rangnick and had both Marco Rose and Julian Nagelsmann as his assistant coaches at the beginning of their careers. He was also the first to foster Rene Maric, assistant coach to Marco Rose at Salzburg, Gladbach and soon to be Dortmund, when he was still a football blogger for spielverlagerung.de, who's considered as one of the biggest football geeks in Germany right now and whose career could take a similar path as Nagelsmann's. Interestingly, Tuchel, Nagelsmann and Maric all had to end their playing careers prematurely due to serious injuries.

Those five definitely belong to the tactically most adapt figures in German football right now. And additionally, Tuchel was always known for his close exchanges with Pep Guardiola, adapting many of his methods and concepts. There's really no question mark behind this aspect of his coaching. The real question is if he's overcome his stubborness. But then again, people always predicted a meltdown with the sheikh, Neymar or Mbappe at PSG and it apparently never happened. Mbappe even thanked Tuchel after the win against Barca.