Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

simmee

Ah, another thread derailed by the germans wanking each other off. Just what we needed!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Ah, another thread derailed by the germans wanking each other off. Just what we needed!
Can this nonsense stop please? The vast majority of posts here are not by German posters and there isn't anything toxic or bad going on. This is becoming a sad meme that should go away.

He'sRaldo

Can this nonsense stop please? The vast majority of posts here are not by German posters and there isn't anything toxic or bad going on. This is becoming a sad meme that should go away.
Thank you. It's becoming very unsavoury.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Could say this about any of the top 4 teams though.
Not to quite the same extent. Their defence has become crazy good with the switch. Of course, they cannot keep up 2 goals in 12/13 or whatever it is, but my concern is that they're not even looking like they are conceeding chances and the ones that they are require excellent play by the opposition.

The other PL teams aren't like that as they still give you something. Further, they are creating chances, but their forwards are fluffing them. If you put Haaland into that squad/system then the likelihood of those 0-0's/1-0's going to 1-0/2-0 is greatly increased as putting him in isn't going to affect the defensive structure and he is far more clinical than anyone else they have got.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeh I’m with you. It’s massively tiresome. I mean the fact they have all jumped immediately onto the Tuchel bandwagon doesn’t help either.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He's very ugly.

Doing well though.
He is. Admittedly i loved Lampard, obviously. But this squad was so much better than it showed under him. And while gutted when he left, it was the right decision. I always thought this squad under a top manager with tactical nous was a dangerous squad. I hope Tuchel is that man

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
He is. Admittedly i loved Lampard, obviously. But this squad was so much better than it showed under him. And while gutted when he left, it was the right decision. I always thought this squad under a top manager with tactical nous was a dangerous squad. I hope Tuchel is that man
I think he struggled a little bit with the man management of the big timers at PSG (Neymar in particular) but he should continue to do well at Chelsea because there aren’t any players like that in the squad. So you lose a little bit of that magic, but on the other hand he can be more dictatorial with the Chelsea players. As I’ve said before, I think Chelsea are a great shout to at least reach the final in this year’s CL, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they won the whole thing with a bit of luck.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Irwin99

To be fair, I could discern patterns of play and a style of sorts under Lampard but you do get the sense that they were massively underachieving. Tuchel seems to have tightened that defence really well.

What he does with Pulisic will be interesting as I thought last year he'd be a really really good player for them but it hasn't worked out with him with injuries and form.

dbs235

I think he struggled a little bit with the man management of the big timers at PSG (Neymar in particular) but he should continue to do well at Chelsea because there aren’t any players like that in the squad. So you lose a little bit of that magic, but on the other hand he can be more dictatorial with the Chelsea players. As I’ve said before, I think Chelsea are a great shout to at least reach the final in this year’s CL, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they won the whole thing with a bit of luck.
Definitely, I'd say they're probably slight favourites to reach the final on their side of the draw, and could easily win the final in a off game with a good performance.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Good appointment for Chelsea. I'm surprised they only gave him an 18-month contract.
Reportedly there's already an additional year built in to his current contract that automatically triggers if we qualify for the CL at any point, and there are additional mechanisms in place that either side can utilise to activate the option year.

darko

Pre-international break, Chelsea have two wins and three draws in their last five EPL matches. Today against WBA he's playing with Kovacic and Jorginho two holding midfielders and two wingbacks plus three at the back. If United had a good CM they wouldn't have to use two at CDM to protect 'their weakness' at CB. :D

Nero

Negative, boring, clueless, embarassment from this P.E. teacher.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
We see how Tuchel deals with a loss. One loss and people are calling him a PE Teacher and asking for a sack. Football fans are a silly bunch.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Meh, they had a player sent off after 30min. Obviously that shouldn't mean you then concede five goals but shit happens.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Forget it. Move on and take comfort in the fact that we don't have to.plqy WBA next season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I guess that’s that then. Who’s next?

Loon

:lol:
Enjoying this just because the whinging little bitch moaned at Solskjaer and everyone when we were denied a nailed on in our game.

Loon

:lol:
Started on the beers early today? Must've been in the pub with our players!
Haha! You guys had a bad day. He’ll sort it for next game and you’ll be still storming for top four.

Don’t usually feel need to apologise for bitterness and venom on a forum dedicated to my team, but you know what it’s like, Duffer.

Jezpeza

Was it LVG who said that foreign managers from one and two horse leagues find it shocking and incomprehensible when the bottom half teams dont just lie down and die because youve showed up and play in cattle shed stadiums with 12 fans?

welcome to the premier league Thomas, your new manager bounce is over.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How the hell did they end up conceding 5 at home against Westbrom? Seriously though, that by itself is a sackable offense. I know they were a man down but it's fecking Westbrom.

Suedesi

Only 2 goals conceded in 14 games. TWO! That is some impressive stuff anyway you look at it. Our attack needs a bit of quality decision making and this is a very good team in the making. Never felt as relaxed going into games as I do now for a very long time.
FIVE goals conceded to West Brom at Home. West Bromwich Albion

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It was an off day after an International break. They looked alright before Silva's red. I wouldn't read too much into this, considering Mount and Kante weren't starting either.