Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

SinNombre

No, the difference is that Chelsea are far better run as a club, their squad is a result of years of squad building. Annoyingly effective performers like Azpilicueta and Jorginho played a key role today. And lets not even talk about their loan syste, which isn't on the same level as ours.
Their loan system is a way to work around FFP.

Our academy works to produce players for United. Even this season, we have played 3 academy graduates on average.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Even if he wins 25 CL's in a row, he is one of the biggest numpties in football. How the feck do you give Giroud a fanatical 30 seconds long instruction when there's 28 seconds to play and you're 2-0 up. Roger Schmidt at psv does the same thing. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

How do you take yourself that seriously. Boggles my mind.

el3mel

Football is truly dead if Chelsea wins the CL.

Didier Deschamps has found his match in Tuchel. 30% possession bus and counterattacks
I never understand this logic. There's more than one way of playing football. Not every team has to play attacking football just to be great. It's a freaking sport with ton of tactics and strategies. Every team plays what suits their selection of players the most. The football will be actually dead when there's only style played by every team.

Pickle85

But it is Ole and United who don't have tactical nous and can only play one brand of football. From all that I have seen of Chelsea, they are far worse than we were in terms of playing counter attacking football. Yet Tuchel will be called out in the media as the second coming, while Ole will be called a poor manager with no modern thinking.
Did you watch the game? Chelsea played it perfectly, terrible finishing aside. Were head and shoulders above Madrid and probably should have won by three or four.

Redfrog

No, the difference is that Chelsea are far better run as a club, their squad is a result of years of squad building. Annoyingly effective performers like Azpilicueta and Jorginho played a key role today. And lets not even talk about their loan syste, which isn't on the same level as ours.
We have been a mess but we are getting better and smarter with Ole. Our team is one of the youngest in the league, we will get better.

NK86

We fecked up in the group stages, we could have been there, we are no worse then Chelsea and Ole has his numbers on Pep...
I meant in the style of play. Tuchel plays pragmatic football as much as Ole but the media love in for him would be insufferable if he won it. Better him than City though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That's what happens when you've got owners who actually understand the game.
How did the Glazers prevent Utd from reaching the CL final this year? Utd are even ahead of Chelsea in the PL table.

Pickle85

Even if he wins 25 CL's in a row, he is one of the biggest numpties in football. How the feck do you give Giroud a fanatical 30 seconds long instruction when there's 28 seconds to play and you're 2-0 up. Roger Schmidt at psv does the same thing. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

How do you take yourself that seriously. Boggles my mind.
This made me chuckle. Yeah, I noticed it too. He's a bit...'focused' no doubt, but a good coach.

NK86

Did you watch the game? Chelsea played it perfectly, terrible finishing aside. Were head and shoulders above Madrid and probably should have won by three or four.
I saw the game and have seen enough of Chelsea, thank you. Did you not agree with my assessment that Chelsea are a pure counter attacking team. We play the same way and get called out as a one-trick pony. Chelsea do the same thing and people are behaving as if Tuchel has brought in some revolutionary new tactical genius with him. They sit deep, defend hard and hit teams with pace. That's our template and we have done very well with it.

Redfrog

I meant in the style of play. Tuchel plays pragmatic football as much as Ole but the media love in for him would be insufferable if he won it. Better him than City though.
Tuchel's footy is unwatchable to be honest. They are a borefest. We are a much better watch.

always_hoping

Goes to show how much that Chelsea squad was underachieving under Lampard and i wonder will the many UK journalists finally admit that now?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Well done Chelsea, fully deserved. I appreciate Tuchel has done brilliant, & I appreciate the organisation, the work rate & aggressiveness, they look a nightmare to play against, but i can't say I enjoy watching them play, but you just can't argue with the results.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
They just spent 250m in a covid summer.

We are not that far away either, that said. We matched PSG and outplayed Leipzig for 135/180 minutes and suffered for some lapses of concentration in the group stages. And are sleep walking to the Europa.

Almost all advanced stats have us as a top-6 team in Europe.
But the previous summer they spent 0m. We are far away considering we got knocked out of the first round and they are in the final. Sleep walking the likes of Roma and Sociedad should be expected.

Pickle85

I saw the game and have seen enough of Chelsea, thank you. Did you not agree with my assessment that Chelsea are a pure counter attacking team. We play the same way and get called out as a one-trick pony. Chelsea do the same thing and people are behaving as if Tuchel has brought in some revolutionary new tactical genius with him. They sit deep, defend hard and hit teams with pace. That's our template and we have done very well with it.
I think he's building from the back (emphasis on keeping it tight), initially at least, which is probably a smart thing to do. There have been signs that things are beginning to click up top and if he gets Havertz and Werner scoring they could be terrifying. I just think on all nights to make this point, tonight (when they've beaten European royalty at a canter) seems an odd one.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Lanky Frampard just smashing up his TV tonight. I so hope Chelsea beat City in the final as much as that will suck too.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Most won't like to admit it and think I'm being negative for the sake of it but going from Lampard to Tuchel shows how much of a difference having a top quality manager can do to your team. Ole hasn't done too badly and is far better than Lampard but look at how Tuchel has taken Chelsea to the next level. It's us who should be playing in a Champions League final, not the fecking Europa.
Wether some Manchester United fans like it or not, and on a broader scale the unbearable militant football hipsters on social media this days, the reality is post Ferguson he is the most similar to him (doesn´t mean he is a super tactician, whatever that means, or that he has to stay forever).

Regarding Tuchel, yes a massive upgrade on Lampard (who I always said was massively overrated and quite inferior to Gerrard, but the only answers I received regarding Gerrard was yes but Scotland, like if Rangers was anywhere near Celtic before he arrived). Of course the problem with Tuchel and Chelsea is on the long run, but quite ridiculous if Leonardo from PSG was responsible for letting him go.

I think Real Madrid would be much better for City and Guardiola, don't see any reason why Chelsea canoot win this in a one off game. All the pressure on City and Guardiola.

mu4c_20le

What did Woodward specifically do that made Utd waste points against that Turkish side in the group?
Hamstrung our squad for years. Ole worked wonders to overcome PSG in that group. Really doubt we would've gone far though with a midfield of Fred McTominay Matic

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I never understand this logic. There's more than one way of playing football. Not every team has to play attacking football just to be great. It's a freaking sport with ton of tactics and strategies. Every team plays what suits their selection of players the most. The football will be actually dead when there's only style played by every team.
I reluctantly agree. When I see comments like his I always have to think of that Cruyff quote that says ”Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is.”

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Rate their chances 50-50 in the final. They look like an absolute pain in the ass to play against and most importantly don't think they suit City at all. Surprised how physical they are in their game also.

He has done an excellent job, no doubt about it.

Most won't like to admit it and think I'm being negative for the sake of it but going from Lampard to Tuchel shows how much of a difference having a top quality manager can do to your team. Ole hasn't done too badly and is far better than Lampard but look at how Tuchel has taken Chelsea to the next level. It's us who should be playing in a Champions League final, not the fecking Europa.
Tbf, Ole fully neutralised him in the only game they played in EPL so far. And it was Chelsea who needed 3 points in that game. On top of already good record against him.

tomaldinho1

Hats off - they look an absolute machine right now. He's clearly a talented coach and I wonder if, even though the forward line in particular is less 'star studded' than PSG simply by having players who buy into the system and seem to have no egos is going to be perfect for him.

Going to be a fascinating final. Huge pressure on Pep and City.

NK86

I think he's building from the back (emphasis on keeping it tight), initially at least, which is probably a smart thing to do. There have been signs that things are beginning to click up top and if he gets Havertz and Werner scoring they could be terrifying. I just think on all nights to make this point, tonight (when they've beaten European royalty at a canter) seems an odd one.
I don't post in Chelsea threads and tonight seemed relevant as they have just reached a CL final by playing bland football which we have been criticised for.

Not sure about the building from the back thing. Yes they are solid but he is extra defensive and that is clear in the way they set up every time under Tuchel. We will soon find out if that's his template or if he will get more extravagant with his style of play. I am betting on him using the same defensive counter attacking set up next season too.
Effective, but boring.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Hamstrung our squad for years. Ole worked wonders to overcome PSG in that group. Really doubt we would've gone far though with a midfield of Fred McTominay Matic
But the squad was good enough to overcome PSG. So if Woodward is to blame for wasting points against that Turkish side, isn't he also to praise for beating PSG?

He'sRaldo

So they're better than us in every department except the manager?

DiMaria

How did the Glazers prevent Utd from reaching the CL final this year? Utd are even ahead of Chelsea in the PL table.
If anything that’s a testament to how Ole is over achieving with our squad. All you have to do is look at what Chelsea did last summer transfer and compare it to what we did then you will understand how owners make a difference.

Redfrog

Are you for real?

Man Utd must have the most 0-0 draws this season by miles.
Yes, for real, I find your team horrible to watch, no matters who has the most draws. We have scored more goals then you as well, by miles.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
They had an xG of almost 4 this game and people think they're boring?

Especially since this was an atypical Tuchel match. Chelsea usually dominates possession under him.

Guy Incognito

Abramovich doesn't feck about, he got rid of Lampard in time and now they have top and are the Champions league final.
Roman doesn't suffer fools.

He provided the manager with a proper squad. Worry was they'd hire a competent manager.

They'll be challenging for the league next season.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yes, for real, I find your team horrible to watch, no matters who has the most draws. We have scored more goals then you as well, by miles.
Chelaea has a higher xG than United this season which means their finishing is worse but they're chance creation is superior.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Roman doesn't suffer fools.

He provided the manager with a proper squad. Worry was they'd hire a competent manager.

They'll be challenging for the league next season.
I know which is why I keep saying 2nd place next season will be a lot harder, Liverpool will also be back. Top 4 will be very hard again next season.

mu4c_20le

But the squad was good enough to overcome PSG. So if Woodward is to blame for wasting points against that Turkish side, isn't he also to praise for beating PSG?
I think you are confusing the duties of a CEO with a manager.

So they're better than us in every department except the manager?
Well, they did finish ahead of us before Ole took over.

Tyrion

Abramovich doesn't feck about, he got rid of Lampard in time and now they have top and are the Champions league final.
That's the kind of ruthlessness we need.

BTW, did I seriously hear Joe Cole and Glen Hoddle try and give Lampard credit for this result? :lol: :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

I know which is why I keep saying 2nd place next season will be a lot harder, Liverpool will also be back. Top 4 will be very hard again next season.
We're battling for top 4 again?

There is no excuse for us not to challenge next season. Literally zero excuses.