Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

RashyForPM

Basically confirmed since Romano has said it. Unsurprised by this. Knew Abramovich would go for a German as a desperate measure to get the best out of Werner and Havertz. Hope that doesn’t happen, and I’m happy it’s not Nagelsmann.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tuchel seems quite an argumentative fella. Should be interesting to see

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll do better than Lampard. Still think Havertz is average overall.

NinjaFletch

Romano knows feck all tbf. Steals other people's work and acts like it's his own.

cyberman

I could not think of a worse option for Chelsea.
Its a shambles

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not too upset about this. He’ll be a massive upgrade on Frank (who wouldn’t?) but there’s better managers out there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s already worked with Thiago Silva and Pulisic, and has the obvious German connection with Werner and Havertz. I’m assuming that played a big part in Chelsea’s thought process. Get things moving quickly whilst they’re still pretty much up there.

Doesn’t always work like that, mind. I still think Allegri was the best manager on the market, and I’m surprised both PSG and Chelsea have opted against him (assuming he was even considered or he didn’t reject either!)

Judas

Open to offers
Good football and think he's a character who doesn't seem to take much shit. Think he'll do well there for a season or two before the inevitable breakdown between him and Roman.

Massively intensifies the top 4 race, and he'll make Chelsea great to watch.

He's good enough to win them the league if things fall right for them.

Last edited:

Wayne's World

Just seen this news now

Chelsea are ruthless but 100% right decision for me. Lampard isn't and was never the answer

Shark

@NotShark
He'll be better than Lamps obviously but also as heir of Emery 2.0 about him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A bit like their summer signings this appointment, better than what they had but not going to strike too much fear

padzilla

Hipster
I am not sure what the fuss is about Tuchel he took over Dortmund from Klopp won nothing and got sacked. With PSG he was shooting fish in a barrel and still got the boot.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
By most accounts, he appears to coach his team's into playing tactically exciting attacking football but A) is not a top manager B) has a tendancy to fall out with people. So it'll be interesting to see how this pans out but wouldn't surprise me if after a strong second half to this season, eventually, the guys of his summer prove to not be worthy of the hype regardless of manager.

I can see them having a good 2nd half this season though. Manager bump,surge in confidence and all that.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm willing to put money on the PE Teacher outlasting Tuchel and Arteta.

Reddevil1978

Hardly top draw.

1X GERMAN CUP WINNER
2X FRENCH CHAMPION
1X FRENCH CUP WINNER
2X FRENCH SUPER CUP WINNER

PSG 95 wins, 13 draws, and 19 defeats in 127 games, with the best win percentage in Ligue 1 history (75.6%) and the highest average of points per game (2.37)

PSG is nailed on to clean up every year. Really a one team league with PSG playing fantasy football manager.

Who would you of chosen? Is he the best available.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Hardly top draw.

1X GERMAN CUP WINNER
2X FRENCH CHAMPION
1X FRENCH CUP WINNER
2X FRENCH SUPER CUP WINNER

PSG 95 wins, 13 draws, and 19 defeats in 127 games, with the best win percentage in Ligue 1 history (75.6%) and the highest average of points per game (2.37)

PSG is nailed on to clean up every year. Really a one team league with PSG playing fantasy football manager.

Who would you of chosen? Is he the best available.
You tell me, who would you have picked?

Infestissumam

they might improve a bit, but it's only a matter of time until Tuchel clashes with the higher-ups. Don't think this will work long-time.

sugar_kane

What do you reflect on this @horsechoker?
Eeeesssh....

Had no idea that this happened, surprised to have not seen it mentioned prominently in the media.

He always seemed like a bit of a prick, and given how he fell out with the powers that be at PSG and Dortmund I can see it ending in tears at Chelsea.

Sure Allegri would be a better shout for them?