Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I've said it before, and i will say it again, Tammy Abraham is nowhere near good enough for a team who want to win the title. Not even close. I often see our fans defending him massively, and its all down to him being an academy product. He's bang average at best

Castia

CHO was genuinely atrocious - worst game he's had in a Chelsea shirt by a mile. Tuchel was 100% correct to haul him off.
I watched Werner play worse than that in the first half, miss-placed passes galore. I remember one where all he had to do was slide in Alonso and he hit it out for a goal kick.

Meh he had 30 minutes in a piss poor game I doubt Messi Would have influenced that shower if shite yesterday, maybe the manager should look at himself when he’s taking a striker off for a winger whilst leaving Giroud on the bench.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I watched Werner play worse than that in the first half, miss-placed passes galore. I remember one where all he had to do was slide in Alonso and he hit it out for a goal kick.

Meh he had 30 minutes in a piss poor game I doubt Messi Would have influenced that shower if shite yesterday, maybe the manager should look at himself when he’s taking a striker off for a winger whilst leaving Giroud on the bench.
More about his attitude and effort than anything. It's a bit like Rashford and Martial, Rashford is genuinely atrocious for us at times but at least he runs none stop and tries to make things happen, Martial is the opposite.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I've said it before, and i will say it again, Tammy Abraham is nowhere near good enough for a team who want to win the title. Not even close. I often see our fans defending him massively, and its all down to him being an academy product. He's bang average at best
You’ve got a point: He’s shite.

Classical Mechanic

Tammy is an ugly player to watch and is unlikely to become a starting striker for a top club but he has 30 goals for Chelsea in one and half seasons. As far as rotational strikers go his numbers are very good. It’s the same number of goals as Martial in the same timeframe. His defending from the front and in his own penalty box is also pretty good..

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Werner was absolutely miles better - constantly making dangerous runs and pressing far more effectively.

Also the change was to move Mount to a false 9 role - we were dramatically better with him more central. Giroud would have been an awful change; against a high-pressing team like Southampton you have to be able to drop deep and run in behind because they'll often have to mark man for man in defense.

Castia

Werner was absolutely miles better - constantly making dangerous runs and pressing far more effectively.

Also the change was to move Mount to a false 9 role - we were dramatically better with him more central. Giroud would have been an awful change; against a high-pressing team like Southampton you have to be able to drop deep and run in behind because they'll often have to mark man for man in defense.
You’re a Chelsea fan I’ll take your word on it, you watch them more than I do but Southampton are in relegation form and leaking goals for fun, I think Cavani has scored 3 against them this season with the goals coming from crosses, I think you ended the game with Mount at false 9, an out of form Ziyech and Werner in attack I bet they couldn’t believe their luck.

simplyared

Since he took over I'm seeing a much better organized set of players, definately. Although Mount did bail him out yesterday. A draw at Southampton not a disaster at this stage.
Need for a striker. A Drogba or Costa maybe!

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
You’re a Chelsea fan I’ll take your word on it, you watch them more than I do but Southampton are in relegation form and leaking goals for fun, I think Cavani has scored 3 against them this season with the goals coming from crosses, I think you ended the game with Mount at false 9, an out of form Ziyech and Werner in attack I bet they couldn’t believe their luck.
Cavani is a hell of a lot more mobile than Giroud. Mount caused them huge issues given his ability to roam; we were far more dangerous in the second half than the first I thought. Agreed though that Ziyech was awful.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Since he took over I'm seeing a much better organized set of players, definately. Although Mount did bail him out yesterday. A draw at Southampton not a disaster at this stage.
Need for a striker. A Drogba or Costa maybe!
Jimmy Greaves please :drool:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Looking forward to smashing this lot and knocking this new crowd of hipsters jumping onto the Tuchel bandwagon. Ole has already beaten his superior team twice, I fancy us to roll them over.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Looking forward to smashing this lot and knocking this new crowd of hipsters jumping onto the Tuchel bandwagon. Ole has already beaten his superior team twice, I fancy us to roll them over.
Like Sheffield United, Arsenal, and West Brom? The only fans that should be talking smack right now are Man City. The rest of us should be looking forward to the game, but talking smack?

TrustInJanuzaj

Like Sheffield United, Arsenal, and West Brom? The only fans that should be talking smack right now are Man City. The rest of us should be looking forward to the game, but talking smack?
Considering we are a better team than Chelsea I'm feeling confident.

simplyared

Hauling off CHO was a big call. Shows he's got balls. Albeit a big gamble imo to do that after such a short time at the club. Hope it was 100% genuine and not just a player being used to show his authority. Seemed to handle it well in the post match interview when asked about his actions and the reason for doing it. Still questionable even so!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Are you actually saying Ole is a better manager than Tuchel? If so what is that based on?

TrustInJanuzaj

Are you actually saying Ole is a better manager than Tuchel? If so what is that based on?
The better manager is near impossible to quantify, I'd rather Ole at Utd than Tuchel but obviously, the reverse would be true for most Chelsea fans. Overall I reckon Tuchel just isn't a great manager and doesn't concern me massively at Chelsea. Ole has beaten his PSG team twice which he wasn't expected to do, so I feel confident in the technical match up, bear in mind PSG are a far superior team to the current Chelsea side. We will see I fancy a Utd win, but a draw wouldn't surprise me and possession-based managers always make their teams more solid.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Considering we are a better team than Chelsea I'm feeling confident.
I think that is a case of, on what day? We both have inconsistent teams. Both are good teams, but not great. We need to get our attack playing much better. Your team is heavily reliant on Bruno, which means he can not afford an off day. He has been awesome this year, that is for sure.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Tammy is an ugly player to watch and is unlikely to become a starting striker for a top club but he has 30 goals for Chelsea in one and half seasons. As far as rotational strikers go his numbers are very good. It’s the same number of goals as Martial in the same timeframe. His defending from the front and in his own penalty box is also pretty good..
Tammy is a poacher. He’s being asked to play with his back to goal while he’s surrounded by several defenders which just isn’t his strength.

cyberman

I think that is a case of, on what day? We both have inconsistent teams. Both are good teams, but not great. We need to get our attack playing much better. Your team is heavily reliant on Bruno, which means he can not afford an off day. He has been awesome this year, that is for sure.
We have 1 defeat in 19 games and are up in second. We're not really inconcsistent.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Have no idea how Ole has lasted this long. United can do so much better than him.

TrustInJanuzaj

Oh most definitely never know which Utd will turn up on any given day. What I don’t think is debatable is the fact we have some better players and frankly more match winners soo all things being equal, I still fancy Utd.

TrustInJanuzaj

Have no idea how Ole has lasted this long. United can do so much better than him.
He’s been our best manager post Fergie for me so far. It’s easy for rivals to look at his CV and laugh but ultimately his results have spoken for themselves in his time here and he’s built a far better Man Utd side than in recent years. Clearly it’s not the finished article and time will tell of Ole is the man to ultimately deliver it. I’d be more confident Ole achieves his goals though than Tuchel personally.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He’s been our best manager post Fergie for me so far. It’s easy for rivals to look at his CV and laugh but ultimately his results have spoken for themselves in his time here and he’s built a far better Man Utd side than in recent years. Clearly it’s not the finished article and time will tell of Ole is the man to ultimately deliver it. I’d be more confident Ole achieves his goals though than Tuchel personally.
As i'm assuming the ultimate goal of United is to win the big two what exactly is giving you confidence Ole can even possibly deliver either? He's currently overseeing your worst barren trophy run for 3 decades. If this is actually your best team since Fergie that makes it even more damming for him as your previous two brought silverware home (and best case scenario this season league wise he matches Mou's best effort with almost certainly a significantly lower points haul).

cyberman

I really fancy us to win as well. Ole has out thought Tuchel twice this season already (how PSG beat us at OT is mind boggling to me)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
United fans are backing their team to win a game of football. Well, I'm truly shocked. Never expected this.

cyberman

As i'm assuming the ultimate goal of United is to win the big two what exactly is giving you confidence Ole can even possibly deliver either? He's currently overseeing your worst barren trophy run for 3 decades. If this is actually your best team since Fergie that makes it even more damming for him as your previous two brought silverware home (and best case scenario this season league wise he matches Mou's best effort with almost certainly a significantly lower points haul).
Ole hasnt even completed 2 full seasons with us yet ffs.
Yet we have reached 4 semi finals and counting (in runnng for 6 at the end of the season) finished third and now lay in second.

TrustInJanuzaj

I really fancy us to win as well. Ole has out thought Tuchel twice this season already (how PSG beat us at OT is mind boggling to me)
my feelings exactly, also agreed on that OT performance. I thought we went toe to two with PSG and were by far the better team. As usual lack of clinical edge cost us.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
my feelings exactly, also agreed on that OT performance. I thought we went toe to two with PSG and were by far the better team. As usual lack of clinical edge cost us.
Not to mention we absolutely dominated them away from home too. They only got back into it because of an own goal. :lol:

simplyared

Comes over well in his pre and post match interviews. Just listened to him before leaving for Atletico. Even the CHO incident, which I reckon was too blatant and unecessary, he's handled it well in the media afterwards. Huge test for him tonight!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Comes over well in his pre and post match interviews. Just listened to him before leaving for Atletico. Even the CHO incident, which I reckon was too blatant and unecessary, he's handled it well in the media afterwards. Huge test for him tonight!
We could have prime Ferguson in charge tonight and I'd still not fancy us to get a good result. Atletico are miles ahead of Chelsea at the moment.

A loss tonight won't really mean he's not had a good start, not in my mind anyway.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
We could have prime Ferguson in charge tonight and I'd still not fancy us to get a good result. Atletico are miles ahead of Chelsea at the moment.

A loss tonight won't really mean he's not had a good start, not in my mind anyway.
Stop down playing it, if he loses he’s worse than Frank!