Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If he becomes half the player our Giggsy was you'll get decent value for your £60m+ I'd imagine.
"Give it Pulisic till the end of the season" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Pulled his hamstring running out for the second half

i remember an article in Sports Illustrated from 20 years ago that stated the best predictor of how reliable a player will be in the NFL is how rapidly their body recovers from small injuries. Puli does not seem to be blessed with the best recovery.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Vardy has one of Europe’s best goal records since August 2015, and Iheanacho is definitely far better than any WBA striker, who Silva has allowed to boss him around twice now. It’s not like he has been world class aside from that too. Silva in his prime was world class; he has declined massively since.

And yeah I agree with his opinion, hence why I think he’s right. Just because we share opinions doesn’t mean it’s a fact. Comparing Maguire with Silva is a matter of opinion and debate. It’s not like we’re talking about Messi and McBurnie.
You said hes right like it was a fact, when alot of people would prefer Silva. I mean who even cares? One is in his prime the over is 37 playing his first season in the premier league. Silva didn't allow the WBA striker to boss him, both poor passes from Jorginho that put us into trouble and i think the second yellow is harsh. I mean Silva has been really good this season.

I brought up the Leicester game because that was the last game you played so it was still fresh in my head, Im pretty sure they are plenty of examples of poorer strikers getting the better of Maguire. Not that i care, Maguire a good defender.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Yesterday was one of them freak results that happens. Villa 7-2 Liverpool

Burnley ending their home run, including a loss to Fulham. Games which on paper are bankers. It happens in football, just got to move on.

But some of the stuff said in here off one defeat is moronic

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sounds like Tuchel had decided to haul off Werner at HT to be replaced by Mount before Pulisic pulled his hamstring coming out of the tunnel.

RashyForPM

You said hes right like it was a fact, when alot of people would prefer Silva. I mean who even cares? One is in his prime the over is 37 playing his first season in the premier league. Silva didn't allow the WBA striker to boss him, both poor passes from Jorginho that put us into trouble and i think the second yellow is harsh. I mean Silva has been really good this season.

I brought up the Leicester game because that was the last game you played so it was still fresh in my head, Im pretty sure they are plenty of examples of poorer strikers getting the better of Maguire. Not that i care, Maguire a good defender.
Bold 1: Clearly you do, and I and many others do too, hence why the debate is so prominent. Rival clubs fans comparing their best players is pretty normal.

Bold 2: He was more than bossed at the Hawthorns (that was one of the more disastrous defensive performances I’ve seen from a top defender recently), and yesterday, while Pereira isn’t a striker, he still fouled him after he beat Zouma.

cyberman

Burnley ending their home run, including a loss to Fulham. Games which on paper are bankers. It happens in football, just got to move on.

Its 2 wins in 6 though. Youre droppong more points than winning, this is just the sudden jolt that should wake fans up to it

IncyWincySpider

Although my heart was saying Ole should stay, I must admit when Chelsea sacked Frank and hired TT my head said we might regret not hiring him first. Thankfully my head now wants Ole to stay too.

Boavista

Silva didn't allow the WBA striker to boss him, both poor passes from Jorginho that put us into trouble and i think the second yellow is harsh. I mean Silva has been really good this season.
I don't think the second yellow is harsh, but it's kind of unfortunate because he clearly didn't mean to tackle him at all. It happens.

I actually think the first yellow was wrong. To me it looked like either it's a red as he's last man, or it's no foul. I think it's the latter. There wasn't really much in that. If anything Pereira trips over Zouma's leg and then goes down.

darko

Its 2 wins in 6 though. Youre droppong more points than winning, this is just the sudden jolt that should wake fans up to it
The bought in the Chelsea are an in-form team. Heading into the WBA they earned nine points in five matches. MAn. City and Tottenham earn twelve, Man. United eleven and Leicester I think ten.

Tuchel plays with three CBs and two CDMs and two wing-backs. It's 3-4-2-1 or even a 5-2-2-1. If Ole plays that he's called scarred or negative and United's two CBs needing that extra protection.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The bought in the Chelsea are an in-form team. Heading into the WBA they earned nine points in five matches. MAn. City and Tottenham earn twelve, Man. United eleven and Leicester I think ten.

Tuchel plays with three CBs and two CDMs and two wing-backs. It's 3-4-2-1 or even a 5-2-2-1. If Ole plays that he's called scarred or negative and United's two CBs needing that extra protection.
:nono: Don’t forget unlike all other wing backs and full backs in the world, Chelsea’s wing backs under Tuchel actually bomb forward occasionally or something like that.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Bold 1: Clearly you do, and I and many others do too, hence why the debate is so prominent. Rival clubs fans comparing their best players is pretty normal.

Bold 2: He was more than bossed at the Hawthorns (that was one of the more disastrous defensive performances I’ve seen from a top defender recently), and yesterday, while Pereira isn’t a striker, he still fouled him after he beat Zouma.
I dont care, you were the first to mention it to me, and why? Ive never made one post about Silva VS Maguire.

Was he? i just remember him making bad back pass, the other goal a poor header from Alonso and the other a goal from a corner. Im pretty sure that was his first league start for us too, but as i say overall he has really good for us this season. He has played the majority of games and before yesterday we conceded the second fewest goals in the league.

TheReligion

Abusive

Those results rarely happen when the favourite is on such a good run though.

As for the last bit, welcome to the Caf!

TheReligion

Abusive
I dont care, you were the first to mention it to me, and why? Ive never made one post about Silva VS Maguire.

Was he? i just remember him making bad back pass, the other goal a poor header from Alonso and the other a goal from a corner. Im pretty sure that was his first league start for us too, but as i say overall he has really good for us this season. He has played the majority of games and before yesterday we conceded the second fewest goals in the league.
Silva has been okay. I think it's highlighted as a few posters have been raving about him which has been way over the top. The bizarre comparisons and down playing of Maguire have also irritated others.

Silva is a good stop gap for you but isn't the answer. He's also been injured for 2 months. Reminds me of when we signed Blanc.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well done Chelsea, ended the quad and treble talk in one go!

Hoof the ball

Is it unreasonable to think that had Tuchel have taken over in the summer and not mid-season that based on this half-year performance that they'd be second right now?

It'd be very close.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Is it unreasonable to think that had Tuchel have taken over in the summer and not mid-season that based on this half-year performance that they'd be second right now?

It'd be very close.
We need to improve against the bottom half sides but he's defiently instilling a belief dare I say similar to Jose 1, Conte and Hiddink.

Chairman Steve

I wouldn’t be surprised come 18 months time, he’s having internal fights and Abramovich has booted him out for the new shiny toy come that time.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn’t be surprised come 18 months time, he’s having internal fights and Abramovich has booted him out for the new shiny toy come that time.
Also wouldn't be surprised if he's booted out as a double winner. Thus is our club.

JustinC00

So ? Cl semi final and fa cup final says otherwise.
I've been told on here reaching semi-finals means nothing and they got to the final of the FA Cup with Lampard so it's not really an achievement

Ranchero

Good old Chelsea. Celebrating City unable to do a 'proper' treble of League, FA Cup and Champions League. So they cannot whatever happens be considered an equal of the United treble winning side

RooneyLegend

Done a great job so far, just needs attackers who handle their business. Best defensive team we've seen on a long time. You just knew Abromovic wouldn't stand for that Lampard nonsense and would rectify the situation sooner rather than later. I probably called it somewhere.

always_hoping

The main improvement has been defensively. Conceded goals for fun under Lampard and now solid whereby sides (Apart from West Brom) struggle to get many shots on target against them never mind score goals.