Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
After every performance since the 5-2 the trolls reply with: ...but West Brom!!

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I've been told on here reaching semi-finals means nothing and they got to the final of the FA Cup with Lampard so it's not really an achievement
The semi final of what ?
What tuchel has done from where he took us over is absolutely an achievement.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
After every performance since the 5-2 the trolls reply with: ...but West Brom!!
The trolls? This is a united forum, sorry if people don’t believe the sun doesn’t set and rise with Tuchel.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
After this performance they’re suddenly a very good bet for the Champions League. Add a nailed on FA Cup to that and, yeah, Roman’s ruthless streak works again.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
West brom was a wake up call for sure. Still concerned by our mentality if we go behind. We look like a much more solid team now. Tactically he's adapting for games and using our whole squad. Just the Tammy situation is maybe difficult.

Situation coming in mid season not ideal for Tuchel and hard to expect more than he's done so far. Needs to finish the job though and get us CL football again next year and a trophy ideally.

Berbasbullet

Yep, the trolls.
Maybe Shed End would be better for you if you’re looking for an echo chamber?

By the way I haven’t mentioned West Brom at all just to make that clear (or barely commented about Chelsea), and I think Tuchel is doing well so far.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

By the way I haven’t mentioned West Brom at all just to make that clear (or barely commented about Chelsea), and I think Tuchel is doing well so far.
Maybe Twitter would be better for you if you're looking for an echo chamber?

You're on the football forum. Suggesting to oppos to leave the forum is pathetic.

Lee565

I said about a month ago that it wouldn't surprise me if chelsea pulled off winning the champions league, their form and defensive record under tuchel has been very impressive and can see them being man city's biggest threat next season as I can also see them signing either kane or haaland in the summer

Berbasbullet

Maybe Twitter would be better for you if you're looking for an echo chamber?

You're on the football forum. Suggesting to oppos to leave the forum is pathetic.
Nope I’ll stick with the United forum, thanks!

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Is it unreasonable to think that had Tuchel have taken over in the summer and not mid-season that based on this half-year performance that they'd be second right now?

It'd be very close.
Itd have been mighty close. And i think if we signed aguero to replace giroud and/or abraham, and kept him fit we'd challenge next season.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I said about a month ago that it wouldn't surprise me if chelsea pulled off winning the champions league, their form and defensive record under tuchel has been very impressive and can see them being man city's biggest threat next season as I can also see them signing either kane or haaland in the summer
Kane or haaland no. Aguero or lukaku yes

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

There's oppo fans on the Shed End (even a Spurs fan) and pretty much all are welcomed there even if they have contrasting opinions on Chelsea.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Both Giroud and Tammy look to be going in the summer. A new, likely extremely expensive #9 will be coming in. Maybe this’ll finally be the one that hits the ground running and stays long term. :wenger:

It’s really the last remaining piece for Tuchel to have a team that can challenge for the league. Defense and midfield is set.

Berbasbullet

There's oppo fans on the Shed End (even a Spurs fan) and pretty much all are welcomed there even if they have contrasting opinions on Chelsea.
I think the point I was making has been lost. A united fan coming in and saying Tuchel isn’t great after losing 5-2 on a united forum can hardly be called a “troll”. Anyway I’m derailing the thread, so I’m out. :D enjoy your win, it was amazing!

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Both Giroud and Tammy look to be going in the summer. A new, likely extremely expensive #9 will be coming in. Maybe this’ll finally be the one that hits the ground running and stays long term. :wenger:

It’s really the last remaining piece for Tuchel to have a team that can challenge for the league. Defense and midfield is set.
Think we need one more CB personally, especially if we're using 3 of them at once. There have been rumblings we're leading the chase for Kounde; think he'd be a perfect fit as a wide CB in a 3.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Think we need one more CB personally, especially if we're using 3 of them at once. There have been rumblings we're leading the chase for Kounde; think he'd be a perfect fit as a wide CB in a 3.
Maybe we can make a bid of £50m to AC Milan when they trigger Tomori's buyout clause for £25m.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's the real deal and Chelsea are under him. How many clean sheets in how many games since he arrived. Big Sam aside he sets his team up really well, plays to their strengths. It would be hilarious if he denied PSG their first CL trophy

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He's the real deal and Chelsea are under him. How many clean sheets in how many games since he arrived. Big Sam aside he sets his team up really well, plays to their strengths. It would be hilarious if he denied PSG their first CL trophy
14 clean sheets from 19 matches under Tuchel.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
After this performance they’re suddenly a very good bet for the Champions League. Add a nailed on FA Cup to that and, yeah, Roman’s ruthless streak works again.
To be fair, if you need a team to go in a sh*t house that years 'top team' is their a better example than Chelsea in the past 20 years? Only one I can think of outside of them is Simeone's AM.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The number of clean sheets in general is quite impressive, but the teams we've played to get those clean sheets is what makes it quite hard to believe.

United
Liverpool
Atletico Madrid x2
Everton
Spurs
City

That bizarre West Brom result sticks like a sore thumb.

padr81

Supports
Man City
14 clean sheets from 19 matches under Tuchel.
Yeah dude, its really impressive, given how late the Porto goal came too when the tie was dead. He's not doing it playing negative football either. GL in the final (us hated oil clubs that are ruining football gotta have each others backs)

padr81

Supports
Man City
The number of clean sheets in general is quite impressive, but the teams we've played to get those clean sheets is what makes it quite hard to believe.

United
Liverpool
Atletico Madrid x2
Everton
Spurs
City

That bizarre West Brom result sticks like a sore thumb.
Yeah that is impressive teams to keep out.

With regard the bolded every team has had at least one this season.
City 2-5
United 1-6
Liverpool 2-7

PepG

Supports
Ajax
They will challenge next year.
Absolutely. Chelsea will be the main opponent of City..United and Pool need to have fantastic preseason (transferwise) and to up their game significantly if they want to be in the race next season.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah dude, its really impressive, given how late the Porto goal came too when the tie was dead. He's not doing it playing negative football either. GL in the final (us hated oil clubs that are ruining football gotta have each others backs)
Appreciate it mate!

Impressive record.

I was interested to see how United compared in the same period – 12 clean sheets.
5 of those have been in the Europa League though?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Impressive record.

I was interested to see how United compared in the same period – 12 clean sheets.
Different level of opposition though United have defended much better lately too.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
People don’t actually think they will win the Champions league though do they? I mean PSG have always been heavy favourites at this point and honestly I’d fancy Madrid to beat both the English teams too.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
People don’t actually think they will win the Champions league though do they? I mean PSG have always been heavy favourites at this point and honestly I’d fancy Madrid to beat both the English teams too.
I personally believe Reals experience over us will tell over two legs but this post has the potential to age beyond terribly.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Different level of opposition though United have defended much better lately too.
Chelsea kept clean sheets against Barnsley and Sheff U, and are Porto much stronger than AC Milan?

I really find it frustrating how Ole and United’s improvements are summarily shut down on this website.

I’m seeing people say Chelsea are a shoo in to be City’s nearest challengers next season, as though we are only second by default.

I find it funny that we’ve finished above Chelsea in the past two campaigns and they always have excuses made for them – transfer ban, Lampard being shit, etc.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I personally believe Reals experience over us will tell over two legs but this post has the potential to age beyond terribly.
So did my predictions for top four. I said then Utd were better and you disagreed, whose right so far?