Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Ole is doing a good job.
Impressive record.

I was interested to see how United compared in the same period – 12 clean sheets.
Chelsea kept clean sheets against Barnsley and Sheff U, and are Porto much stronger than AC Milan?

I really find it frustrating how Ole and United’s improvements are summarily shut down on this website.

I’m seeing people say Chelsea are a shoo in to be City’s nearest challengers next season, as though we are only second by default.

I find it funny that we’ve finished above Chelsea in the past two campaigns and they always have excuses made for them – transfer ban, Lampard being shit, etc.
You're literally the only one who kept bringing up the comparison over the last pages. The rest was people talking about Tuchel. Which kind of makes sense considering what thread this is.

Is it in this forum's terms and rules that every time something positive is said about another manager, the post must include reassuring you that Ole is doing a good job too? If so, my apologies.

Ole is doing a good job too, by the way.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Is it in this forum's terms and rules that every time something positive is said about another manager, the post must include reassuring you that Ole is doing a good job too? If so, my apologies.
This must be like the 10th time this season he's spammed a thread about Chelsea, although usually he waits until we drop points.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
This must be like the 10th time this season he's spammed a thread about Chelsea, although usually he waits until we drop points.
I mean I get the source of the frustration, since it happens negatively probably even more often than positively, with every positive about another manager followed by some "I wish we had him instead of Ole" type of comment.
But really, there's enough of this all over the forum already and I think it's annoying to actively conjure it up without need.
And now we find ourselves with two pages of moronic bickering over whether PSG outplayed United or not, or whether it's more impressive to keep a clean sheet vs a bus-parking Porto or an Ibra-less Milan.
When really, the answer is: neither is impressive, but then you can only beat what's in front of you.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
You're literally the only one who kept bringing up the comparison over the last pages. The rest was people talking about Tuchel. Which kind of makes sense considering what thread this is.

It's just projection.

This is what he thought about Lampard and Ole, and the difference Tuchel has made makes the truth about our current position a bit more uncomfortable. Defending Ole when thinking about Chelsea managers is just a reflex. A lot of Ole supporters are feeling the same way and it should be easy to understand.

Feed Me said:
Nah, I think Lampard and Ole are about on par. I reckon they’re decent enough but massively over promoted at their respective clubs, and both can do better.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
United - PSG: 1.18 xG vs 2.98 xG (1-3)

PSG - United: 1.42 xG vs. 1.39 xG (1-2)

Overall: United 2.57 xG; PSG 4.4 xG
Really glad that you can come in with stats when you clearly didn’t watch the game. Parody account.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

There’s heaps of posts floating around from United fans bemoaning the fact we don’t have Tuchel, or that we haven’t given Ole the bullet like Lampard at Chelsea.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I think my posts on Chelsea have been fair and balanced on the whole. I have given credit for what was a very good performance against City.

It’s not spamming just because someone posts something that doesn’t perfectly align with your world view.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I mean I get the source of the frustration, since it happens negatively probably even more often than positively, with every positive about another manager followed by some "I wish we had him instead of Ole" type of comment.
But really, there's enough of this all over the forum already and I think it's annoying to actively conjure it up without need.
And now we find ourselves with two pages of moronic bickering over whether PSG outplayed United or not, or whether it's more impressive to keep a clean sheet vs a bus-parking Porto or an Ibra-less Milan.
When really, the answer is: neither is impressive, but then you can only beat what's in front of you.
This is the internet, mate – what were you expecting? :lol:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
:lol: Where's the white text?

April 1st was a while ago!
I didn’t realise the resident Chelsea contingent was so sensitive.

I slated you under Lampard and have been proven right in saying he was out of his depth, despite you and many others making a litany of excuses for him.

As Ole has proven, comparisons to Lampard were utterly insulting and wide of the mark.

Tuchel has done a terrific job and instantly given you a defensive platform to win games from.

You control games very well, although I personally don’t find the attacking play that exciting.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Really glad that you can come in with stats when you clearly didn’t watch the game. Parody account.
Thing is, I read the same about the tie in 2019 when PSG was clearly the better team over two legs. Paris is currently in a different tier than United, no shame in admitting that.

Anyway, I've put you on ignore now like many other more tribal United fans I don't like discussions with in the hope it would make the forum experience more enjoyable again. So far it works wonders. I recommend you do the same ;)

Giggsy13

Chelsea will be a major threat next season. I think they’ll sign a CB and may look at Sancho or a striker. If they pull of those types of signings then they could be city’s closest challenger.

Lentwood

Tuchel averages about 2.08 PPG as Chelsea manager which is basically similar to Ole’s record at United.

What it proves to me is that the treatment of Ole, in general and especially compared to that of Frank Lampard, by the media has been disgraceful.

Tuchel has shown what a competent manager can do with this Chelsea squad. I wouldn’t say they have been outstanding but there has been a definite improvement.

Lampard was very, very poor throughout his tenure at Chelsea. Clueless almost. His friends in the media made sure the narrative was always positive though.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Chelsea will be a major threat next season. I think they’ll sign a CB and may look at Sancho or a striker. If they pull of those types of signings then they could be city’s closest challenger.
Not sure they need a new CB. Take away the WBA game where their system fell apart due to going to to 10 men and they have been defending like prime 80's/90's Milan. Only thing you could argue is that they need a left footed CB, but that goes for a lot of team.

For me, if they get a 20+ a season CF, they will be a tough team to beat. Since he came in Tuchel has had clean sheets against: AM (x2), City, Utd, Dippers, Spurs.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Insulting another member
Thing is, I read the same about the tie in 2019 when PSG was clearly the better team over two legs. Paris is currently in a different tier than United, no shame in admitting that.

Anyway, I've put you on ignore now like many other more tribal United fans I don't like discussions with in the hope it would make the forum experience more enjoyable again. So far it works wonders. I recommend you do the same ;)
Another twat Bundesliga poster.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I believe Sancho under Tuchel would be absolutely lethal. I'm a huge fan of Sancho, he's currently one of my absolute favorite players to watch. Sky would be the limit if he joined Chelsea, I think.

Tuchel averages about 2.08 PPG as Chelsea manager which is basically similar to Ole’s record at United.

What it proves to me is that the treatment of Ole, in general and especially compared to that of Frank Lampard, by the media has been disgraceful.

Tuchel has shown what a competent manager can do with this Chelsea squad. I wouldn’t say they have been outstanding but there has been a definite improvement.

Lampard was very, very poor throughout his tenure at Chelsea. Clueless almost. His friends in the media made sure the narrative was always positive though.
Yes, I think all the criticism of Solskjaer is a bit over the top. When you take a look back at United when he joined, you guys came a long way. I can only speak for myself but I wasn't really convinced of him for a very long time because I struggle to see a clear style associated with him. Most top managers have a very recognisable handwriting. But you don't remain at the top of the EPL and amass so many points without being very, very good at your job. Especially when the team isn't "finished" yet with multiple positions which probably will be improved in the near future.

In my opinion, Solskjaer's curse is that he manages in the same league as the two currently best managers in the world and gets compared to them week in week out. I'm still not fully convinced he can take you to the same heights City or Liverpool have achieved in their winning seasons but so far he has definitely done a terrific job. Anyway, if you'd give me the chance to pick either him or Tuchel I'd still go with the latter just because I find it more likely that he's of the same mould as Klopp or Guardiola. Yet Solskjaer has earned himself more respect than he's currently experiencing.

padr81

Supports
Man City
All fair points.

I thought Chelsea were mightily impressive yesterday but were also fortunate to have caught a slightly weary looking City. I believe when United defeated you lot 2-0, we defeated the momentum of an absolute juggernaut and while it was a more counter attacking style, we were very much good value.

I do think United will be closest to City next season, and also believe we are only a world class centre forward away from being at the very top table – the draw column in the league table certainly seems to suggest so.
I'd agree with all that, you guys are the only team I've seen in awhile to beat us at our best. I'd agree on the goal scorer too, its the silly results that have fecked you up, failure to put away chances vs weaker teams. If Cavani was 2-3 years younger you'd be right in the mix. Offensively and especially as Pep would say "in transititon" you are probably on a par with Liverpool if you had that goal scorer. I do think you occasionally still get the shakes, I know most people disagree but once Ole wins and pot (EL this season?) and gets the monkey off his back it'll be different.

For now the way you guys conspired to mess up the CL, and you kinda crumbled when getting into a potential title race needs sorting. Thats just experience and getting over the line though, think getting that first trophy and a striker you'd be right in the mix. People always overrate the gap between teams... "City are never gonna lose again", "Liverpool are gonna dominate for 20 years" etc.. the reality is one or two of the right players can push any of the top teams to Cities levels and as we've seen with Liverpool, even slight regression can see a dramatic fall. If one of you or Chelsea get Haaland its game on for whoever does.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
By a point after having a huge lead in Juve's worst season since they got caught cheating and Milan's best. It eventually levelled out and Juve will finish comfortably above them, you can quote me, Milan will be lucky to make the CL.
AC 4 ahead now matey. :D

padr81

Supports
Man City
it was complacency which caused us to loose in Turkey nothing about losing our balls or our nerve, if you're want to WUM you'd have a better argument saying that's why we lost to Leipzig in the final game
I disagree here and its not me being a WUM as you say. Under Ole you've had consistent great runs, got into great positions and lost your nerve. Its something you'll put right but right now its happened time and again. Put yourselves into a title race and hit a terrible run, did the same in the CL, crushed City twice in the league last season and played like mice in the Carling Cup, then when the tie was dead, played well again. You'll get over it but right now its noticable. Right now, you've the chance to put yourselves in the mix and are struggling (though you might still win), a team with winning confidence (a Sir Alex team) would have went out today and put Burnley to the sword to lump pressure on City.

Edit: I did it again haha.

AC 4 ahead now matey. :D
:nervous:Oops.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure they need a new CB. Take away the WBA game where their system fell apart due to going to to 10 men and they have been defending like prime 80's/90's Milan. Only thing you could argue is that they need a left footed CB, but that goes for a lot of team.

For me, if they get a 20+ a season CF, they will be a tough team to beat. Since he came in Tuchel has had clean sheets against: AM (x2), City, Utd, Dippers, Spurs.
I'd be happy if we ended the summer window with Aguero (if he can stay fit)/Lukaku and Kounde from Sevilla, I think he seems likeliest at the moment. I dont think a winger is needed provided Pulisic can sort his injury issues, but IMO our side just misses a clinical striker mostly. Could possibly bring in a CM too

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I'd be happy if we ended the summer window with Aguero (if he can stay fit)/Lukaku and Kounde from Sevilla, I think he seems likeliest at the moment. I dont think a winger is needed provided Pulisic can sort his injury issues, but IMO our side just misses a clinical striker mostly. Could possibly bring in a CM too
No to aguero. He's old and broken.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
No to aguero. He's old and broken.
If he can stay fit and play week in week out though, he's lethal. I reckon he'll go Barca but for a year id take a punt. I've a hunch Lukaku is the one. Been reported multiple times he always felt he had unfinished business with us.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
If he can stay fit and play week in week out though, he's lethal. I reckon he'll go Barca but for a year id take a punt. I've a hunch Lukaku is the one. Been reported multiple times he always felt he had unfinished business with us.
No. No. No. Weve been through this story a billion times.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
If Gilmour isn't deemed far enough to start games on the highest level next season, it's a fundamental requirement imo. As it is, when one of Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic is out, the other two have to play almost every match.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
No. No. No. Weve been through this story a billion times.
we have, but a fit sergio aguero, even for 50% of games would be a huge improvement. Plus hes free. You could in theory still sign him plus 1. If really wanted

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
How have Tuchels comments on the ESL gone down with the Chelsea fans?
It's shit but tbh I don't blame him. He's only on a short contract and he only been here 5 mins if he said anything he'd probably be out the door.
But it's fecking shit. This whole shit is belittling his own achievements at this club of turning around a mess when he took over to guide us back in the cl to get to a cup final and maybe even a CL final. Was buzzing after the game the other day. Feels like it's all gone to shit.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
It's shit but tbh I don't blame him. He's only on a short contract and he only been here 5 mins if he said anything he'd probably be out the door.
But it's fecking shit. This whole shit is belittling his own achievements at this club of turning around a mess when he took over to guide us back in the cl to get to a cup final and maybe even a CL final. Was buzzing after the game the other day. Feels like it's all gone to shit.
Was saying to my brother the other day I told you three months ago I’d take you guys as a genuine threat if you got someone like Tuchel in. Unfortunately he’s another one of them only cares about the results fans and doesn’t really have an understanding on the fabrics of what makes sports sports as pretentious as that sounds.

As for tuchel like all the other managers he’s in an unfortunate position made even graver by the fact Chelsea will show him the door and your fans will not be able to do anything about it. I was disappointed in his comments but perhaps he can get the players to say what he can’t? Is that a possibility? We need all hands on deck with this.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Was saying to my brother the other day I told you three months ago I’d take you guys as a genuine threat if you got someone like Tuchel in. Unfortunately he’s another one of them only cares about the results fans and doesn’t really have an understanding on the fabrics of what makes sports sports as pretentious as that sounds.

As for tuchel like all the other managers he’s in an unfortunate position made even graver by the fact Chelsea will show him the door and your fans will not be able to do anything about it. I was disappointed in his comments but perhaps he can get the players to say what he can’t? Is that a possibility? We need all hands on deck with this.
Don't get me wrong we all love him he's a far better manager than I thought he was but it's unfair of me to be over critical of his non committal stance. If it was Jose here and he was non committal or even say Frank it'd be different for obvious reasons. Tbf I'm shocked at how diluted klopp or conte even simeone on this.
Tuchel can be dropped by roman at the click of a finger.
In terms of managers klopp pep Zidane have to step up they have the credit in the bank with the fans they are the world class managers who'd voices would stand out and be heard. Zizou less so cause perez is a grade a cnut. But zizou still has that clout.
The glazers don't give a feck what the United fans think that's clear so I don't expect ole to be able to push back ditto arteta and kronke. All eyes on pep now I suppose.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
How have Tuchels comments on the ESL gone down with the Chelsea fans?
Don't think there's much else he could do to be honest. It's a shit sandwich but he's having to eat it too - seems to be handling it better than some other German managers in the PL who seem to be cracking a bit. Though to be fair this could all change tomorrow when we actually play and I do think it helps that by all accounts Chelsea were very reluctant to get on board as opposed to Liverpool.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't get me wrong we all love him he's a far better manager than I thought he was but it's unfair of me to be over critical of his non committal stance. If it was Jose here and he was non committal or even say Frank it'd be different for obvious reasons. Tbf I'm shocked at how diluted klopp or conte even simeone on this.
Tuchel can be dropped by roman at the click of a finger.
In terms of managers klopp pep Zidane have to step up they have the credit in the bank with the fans they are the world class managers who'd voices would stand out and be heard. Zizou less so cause perez is a grade a cnut. But zizou still has that clout.
The glazers don't give a feck what the United fans think that's clear so I don't expect ole to be able to push back ditto arteta and kronke. All eyes on pep now I suppose.
I actually think Ole's stock is currently the highest it's been since being made permanent manager and the last 24 hours have probably re-fuelled (if that was needed) all the hatred of the scum, so if Ole spoke out against it and got sacked, there would be hell.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I actually think Ole's stock is currently the highest it's been since being made permanent manager and the last 24 hours have probably re-fuelled (if that was needed) all the hatred of the scum, so if Ole spoke out against it and got sacked, there would be hell.
I don't disagree. But you lot have hated the glazers from day 1 and to be quite frank they don't really give a shit about what you lot say if they sack ole which is why I won't blame ole if he isn't confrontational about it.
I could see the scousers doing more to get their owners out. Real talk.