Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't disagree. But you lot have hated the glazers from day 1 and to be quite frank they don't really give a shit about what you lot say if they sack ole which is why I won't blame ole if he isn't confrontational about it.
I could see the scousers doing more to get their owners out. Real talk.
Yeah, we've been a sorry bunch since the takeover. But after that Burnley game (prior to Sexy Bruno) things felt pretty hardcore. Then there was that incident, and that doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's shit but tbh I don't blame him. He's only on a short contract and he only been here 5 mins if he said anything he'd probably be out the door.
But it's fecking shit. This whole shit is belittling his own achievements at this club of turning around a mess when he took over to guide us back in the cl to get to a cup final and maybe even a CL final. Was buzzing after the game the other day. Feels like it's all gone to shit.
Exactly. I actually feel sorry for him. Also for the poor feckers who run the Chelsea twitter account who keep trying to post cheery messages about the upcoming game only to get drowned out by a thousand replies telling them to shut the feck up. :lol:

He'sRaldo

I actually think Ole's stock is currently the highest it's been since being made permanent manager and the last 24 hours have probably re-fuelled (if that was needed) all the hatred of the scum, so if Ole spoke out against it and got sacked, there would be hell.
For managers Pep, Klopp and Ole, they'll probably try and entice them with huge salaries before they think of sacking.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, we've been a sorry bunch since the takeover. But after that Burnley game (prior to Sexy Bruno) things felt pretty hardcore. Then there was that incident, and that doesn't happen in a vacuum.
It's just shit man. We all in the same fecking boat here not one of us wants this shit. The whole vibe at Chelsea is in the mud after it being so high only a few days ago. Just waiting to see what pep says I guess. Klopp could have done more.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's just shit man. We all in the same fecking boat here not one of us wants this shit. The whole vibe at Chelsea is in the mud after it being so high only a few days ago. Just waiting to see what pep says I guess. Klopp could have done more.
Yeah. I've chosen to view this as an optimist. I don't think there'll be a better opportunity to take football back, now that supporters are united and politicians are opportunistically playing to the crowd. Things could get done here.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Chelsea were 9 points behind Manchester United when Tuchel took over from Lampard, he went on an impressive 10 games unbeaten run in the league keeping 7 clean sheets and Chelsea are now 11 points behind Manchester United.

Inverted Progress
Saw this in FB in one of the football groups. It's more to do with our impressive form than Tuchel's ability or their form I guess.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting in his presser today he was asked if Roman apologized for the Super League distraction and Tuchel said he has not spoke to Roman since arriving. I don't think Roman spoke with Lampard while he was the manager. I base that on Lampard was asked at the beginning of the season if Roman congratulated him on top 4 and Lampard said he has not spoke with Roman and does not need to be praised for top 4.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Saw this in FB in one of the football groups. It's more to do with our impressive form than Tuchel's ability or their form I guess.
United went through an iffy period during the a couple of months ago, but have been one of the most in form teams, so this doesn't actually surprise me.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not looking too bad is he? The football hasn't been fun, but they've done really well since he stepped in.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Not looking too bad is he? The football hasn't been fun, but they've done really well since he stepped in.
Yep, he's taken us to a level Lampard was wholly uncapable of reaching.

Thought he got the tactics absolutely spot on tonight - was let down by our decision-making and poor execution on the break. I'd have taken 1-1 before kickoff but given the way things went the result is a bit disappointing - if you'd told me in January that we'd be unlucky to get an away draw at Real Madrid in the CL semis I'd have never believed it in a million years.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I never thought I'd ever come away from Real Madrid away in a Champions League semifinal being disappointed with a draw.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I never thought I'd ever come away from Real Madrid away in a Champions League semifinal being disappointed with a draw.
That's the worst thing. If you gave me 1 1 before the game I'd have taken it. Now I just feel passed off we didn't win.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yep, he's taken us to a level Lampard was wholly uncapable of reaching.

Thought he got the tactics absolutely spot on tonight - was let down by our decision-making and poor execution on the break. I'd have taken 1-1 before kickoff but given the way things went the result is a bit disappointing - if you'd told me in January that we'd be unlucky to get an away draw at Real Madrid in the CL semis I'd have never believed it in a million years.
Yeah, and at the same time, the context is a relatively poor Madrid side that hasn't got the legs for a high energy team. You still look organised and confident under Tuchel, mind, just like Real beating Liverpool was nothing major I mean. The draw (and being dominant) sounds more impressive than it actually was. Tuchel's triple sup on 62 minutes was quite brilliant though, you'd fallen off somewhat and that boosted you instantly.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, and at the same time, the context is a relatively poor Madrid side that hasn't got the legs for a high energy team. You still look organised and confident under Tuchel, mind, just like Real beating Liverpool was nothing major I mean. It sounds more impressive than it actually was. Tuchel's triple sup on 62 minutes was quite brilliant though, you'd fallen off somewhat and that boosted you instantly.
Yeah thought it was quite interesting from a tactical perspective - Zidane changed to a back 4 at halftime with Nacho going to LB, Marcelo moving up to LW, Vinicius to striker, and Benzema to a sort of inside right forward / roamer. Modric also moved more towards the left, which helped a lot because Madrid more or less had no chance of creating down the right with Carvajal being only half fit - Modric was far too isolated in the first half and couldn't get involved at all. Getting Havertz and Ziyech on to essentially match Madrid in their right channel was key - all of a sudden we weren't outnumbered anymore and we reasserted a lot of control for that subsequent period I thought.

Teja

We're prioritising the cups.
Strange excuse considering you're in the top four race. Doing well in cups does not mean prioritizing cups. You basically played full strength against WHU before the CL semi final for instance.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Did Tuchel explicitly say this?
Actions speak louder than words, some of his selections especially vs Brighton strongly suggests if not outright confirms that.

It's not an excuse for some of the league results and especially performances of late but still.

Makelele

Just seems to make the right decisions 8 or 9/10. From picking the right team to making the right substitutes to setting up the right tactics. If he can keep his man management honest he can achieve great things I believe.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I really don’t believe he is prioritizing trophies. If he wins the FA cup and doesn’t get CL I can see him getting sacked personally. Apart from City, we should be winning all our remaining league games. Villa and Arsenal should not pose us problems unless we don’t turn up like Brighton.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I really don’t believe he is prioritizing trophies. If he wins the FA cup and doesn’t get CL I can see him getting sacked personally. Apart from City, we should be winning all our remaining league games. Villa and Arsenal should not pose us problems unless we don’t turn up like Brighton.
No fecking way. He's back for next season at a minimum.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Not a chance in hell he gets sacked if that happens.

We were 9th when he took over.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
They bossed Real for 30 minutes and the remaining 60 were fairly equal. Tuchel has got them well organised, physical, direct, energetic and sharp. Tactically they're so much tighter than they were under Lamps.

Hopefully he falls out with Roman sooner rather than later.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Regardless, he's definitively not 'prioritizing' cups over the league. He's managing all competitions, as it should be.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Baffled anyone who thinks he isn't doing a very good job tbh.

Sorted out the defence, from low down in the table Chelsea are in the top 4 although difficult run in dosen't make it done deal, they've got a good chance of making CL final and can win FA cup.

Lampard wouldn't have got them past Atletico Madrid imo so he's done very well although of course dosen't mean they'll push on further next season but it's been an incredible 3 months so far I'd suggest and he's very close to not just meeting targets but exceeding them.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Regardless, he's definitively not 'prioritizing' cups over the league. He's managing all competitions, as it should be.
Yeah exactly, especially given the depth of quality in our squad.

I think he's entitled to a lot of leeway for the result against Brighton given the circumstances, but overall he's not made any excuses for our performances across competitions. Done a great job of managing fitness as well.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah exactly, especially given the depth of quality in our squad.

I think he's entitled to a lot of leeway for the result against Brighton given the circumstances, but overall he's not made any excuses for our performances across competitions. Done a great job of managing fitness as well.
West Brom was the one that really sticks out, totally imploded after the red card but not like the defence has gone to pot because of that game, 1 goal conceded in the 3 league games since and defensively been very good in the cups.

Again think it highlights the difference as Chelsea had a good run defensively under Lampard for a few months then you lost at Wolves 2-1 and he lost control of the defensive side again which eventually ended up losing him the job.

AshRK

Looking at the work Tuchel is doing just shows how shit a job Lampard was doing. Roman was smart to sack Lampard at the right time. Could fetch him two trophies and a top 4 place.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
West Brom was the one that really sticks out, totally imploded after the red card but not like the defence has gone to pot because of that game, 1 goal conceded in the 3 league games since and defensively been very good in the cups.

Again think it highlights the difference as Chelsea had a good run defensively under Lampard for a few months then you lost at Wolves 2-1 and he lost control of the defensive side again which eventually ended up losing him the job.
To be fair in the West Brom game we imploded defensively because we were also attacking relentlessly with 10 men. Think Tuchel rightly recognised that the chance of getting even a point out of that situation was worth potential damage to our goal difference.

The problem under Lampard was he chased matches to ridiculous degrees - we'd regularly have only Jorginho + our CBs back against two attackers, and while Jorginho is an underrated defender and is quite tenacious, defending large spaces is and always will be his Achilles' heel. Tuchel has completely fixed our work off the ball and general structure; it's really night and day.

Hulksmash

He has dominated every gam
Looking at the work Tuchel is doing just shows how shit a job Lampard was doing. Roman was smart to sack Lampard at the right time. Could fetch him two trophies and a top 4 place.
With all my Respect I think he's over performing with the Squad.

Tuchel has dominated every game so far , he even dominated Manchester City. ( West Brom don't count because they got Player sent off )

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Completely transformed them. They will be competing next season. I wouldn't be that surprised if they win the Champions League this season either. Chelsea did the right thing by sacking Lampard and appointing Tuchel, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Exactly. Why is he persisting with Werner?
Pace, workrate & pressing probably. The chances Werner has missed had to be created in the first place, and Tuchel seems to favour agility and dynamicism. Now if they could find a striker who delivers the same and scores...

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He creates tons of space for other players with both his threat in behind and willingness to make off-ball runs. Even on the Pulisic goal today you can see Werner's dart towards the goalmouth pulled Varane away - otherwise Pulisic may well have been tackled. It wasn't a coincidence that Pulisic kept consistently picking the ball up with the opportunity to turn today - Werner more than anyone was creating that gap between Madrid's defense and midfield.

He needs to dramatically improve in front of goal and on the ball, but he's far from a passenger right now as past striker flops have been (Torres in particular - he completely lost the ability to stretch defenses due to his knee injuries and more than anything that's why he was a shell of himself).

Boavista

Even though he's absolutely useless in front of goal these days, his pace alone makes him dangerous. Against a top side that's a real asset. Opponents always need to be careful, even in dominant phases where they might push Chelsea back because a ball behind the defence and he's hard to catch, like against City a week ago. He was bad today, but it didn't help that his teammates misplaced passes to him several times.

When Chelsea bought him lots of people overrated him, but I feel now it's the opposite. Eventually he'll find some form and convert more of the many chances he gets.