Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Extending manager contracts is really just "Symbolpolitik", symbolic politics. Could just as well wait until after the season.

Hulksmash

The Caf thought Poch is better then Tuchel. In reality Tuchel did an incredible Job at Dortmund and Paris. He is now laughing

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The Caf thought Poch is better then Tuchel. In reality Tuchel did an incredible Job at Dortmund and Paris. He is now laughing
Pochettino is very good coach of players he inherites but is criminally overrated as an all-round package.

He is far too often caught cold against in game adjustments (as we saw last week Vs City), his great youth policy is a massive myth, he's woeful in the market and the football he plays isn't half as attractive as made out. When he went to Paris some other Chelsea fans made out that we missed out on a potential sliding doors moment for our club and I just couldn't understand it.

Polar

Spot on @Dancfc. Tuchel before Poch every day, no doubt. Very glad we didn’t listen to Poch fans on this forum. Never understood the obsession of him, especially from United supporters.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
PSG sacks Tuchel. Tuchel reaches the CL final. In the same season with a different club.

I'm sure PSG had their reasons but it is funny nevertheless. :lol:

el3mel

The guy has made Chelsea a different beast. I honestly didn't expect them to be this solid comes the end of this season. I expected this to be a transitional half season but he is already about to get top 4 and reached 2 finals including a freaking CL. They dominated this game from start to finish.

Laughable that some here thought he'll be sacked by the end of this season if he didn't get top 4.

Holocene

No they didn't. There's plenty of people on here who rated Tuchel highly. Many who wanted him to replace Ole.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
PSG will never admit it but Poch was a significant downgrade on Tuchel.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Mad credit to him, has them so strong defensively. Going to be a threat in the league next season.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Football is truly dead if Chelsea wins the CL.

Didier Deschamps has found his match in Tuchel. 30% possession bus and counterattacks

Wayne's World

Wait so he didn't need 3-4 transfer windows and keep saying "rebuild" in the media to get Chelsea into a CL final in 6 months?

Amazing!!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Chelsea also has the players. You can play pretty much every single formation you want . Big Sam or Pep or Tuchel can just come in and make them play. Their team is just brilliant.

Obviously Tuchel deserves a mention but again, Lampard was underachieving.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Doing a terrific job & has had a massive impact on their season which wasn’t going anywhere under Lampard.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Getting the reward for their significant investment in the summer. Lampard was badly under performing with an excellent squad.

PoTMS

Most won't like to admit it and think I'm being negative for the sake of it but going from Lampard to Tuchel shows how much of a difference having a top quality manager can do to your team. Ole hasn't done too badly and is far better than Lampard but look at how Tuchel has taken Chelsea to the next level. It's us who should be playing in a Champions League final, not the fecking Europa.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Had them playing perfectly tonight, really solid and deadly on the break. They were an entertaining watch I thought, let’s hope for the same again from them in the final.

Pickle85

Generational coach. 2 finals in 5 months.
Generational? Calm down...the only trophies he's won of note (and I use that loosely) are the German cup, the French league (twice) and two French cups. Yes, he's doing really well for Chelsea so far but let's not go overboard. Hopefully only a matter of time until he falls out with Abramaovich

Teja

The league next year's going to be great! Chelsea are back, Pool will do better (VVD returns, at least top four form). I think even Spurs will improve on their league performance this year if they manage to keep Kane.

I'm an optimist, so I always back United esp if we manage to get Sancho + a new CF.

SinNombre

Wait so he didn't need 3-4 transfer windows and keep saying "rebuild" in the media to get Chelsea into a CL final in 6 months?

Amazing!!
They just spent 250m in a covid summer.

We are not that far away either, that said. We matched PSG and outplayed Leipzig for 135/180 minutes and suffered for some lapses of concentration in the group stages. And are sleep walking to the Europa.

Almost all advanced stats have us as a top-6 team in Europe.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Didier Deschamps has found his match in Tuchel. 30% possession bus and counterattacks
Oh come on, they played really well tonight, far more threatening than Madrid.

Cloud7

Getting the reward for their significant investment in the summer. Lampard was badly under performing with an excellent squad.
The longer Tuchel goes on the more you realize what a crap job Lampard was doing with these same players really.

SinNombre

That's what happens when you've got owners who actually understand the game.
You lot just want an owner who spends 2B of his own money in the club.

There aren’t many of those around.

Might as well go and beg the Saudis to buy United

NK86

But it is Ole and United who don't have tactical nous and can only play one brand of football. From all that I have seen of Chelsea, they are far worse than we were in terms of playing counter attacking football. Yet Tuchel will be called out in the media as the second coming, while Ole will be called a poor manager with no modern thinking.

mu4c_20le

You lot just want an owner who spends 2B of his own money in the club.

There aren’t many of those around.

Might as well go and beg the Saudis to buy United
No, the difference is that Chelsea are far better run as a club, their squad is a result of years of squad building. Annoyingly effective performers like Azpilicueta and Jorginho played a key role today. And lets not even talk about their loan syste, which isn't on the same level as ours.

Redfrog

The league next year's going to be great! Chelsea are back, Pool will do better (VVD returns, at least top four form). I think even Spurs will improve on their league performance this year if they manage to keep Kane.

I'm an optimist, so I always back United esp if we manage to get Sancho + a new CF.
The league is better when Liverpool and Chelsea are miserable to be honest, you can add City to that !
By the way, I am not sure VVD will transform Liverpool. They have other problems as well and you never know how he will recover from this kind of injurie.

Redfrog

But it is Ole and United who don't have tactical nous and can only play one brand of football. From all that I have seen of Chelsea, they are far worse than we were in terms of playing counter attacking football. Yet Tuchel will be called out in the media as the second coming, while Ole will be called a poor manager with no modern thinking.
We fecked up in the group stages, we could have been there, we are no worse then Chelsea and Ole has his numbers on Pep...