Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Do we need another CB? We already have 4 currently that rotate in and out without much drop off. And with this system under Tuchel we could probably easily slot Tomori in if he feels we need another body. Plus there’s Ampadu still out there.
He'll most likely join Milan, seeing as theyve confirmed theyre going to try buy him. I think Ampadu goes on loan as i posted above, Sarr will never kick a ball for the first team competitively, Zouma i could see going. And Silva despite being top drawer, is still 35 36.

The squad could do with a top class CB. and striker. It also needs trimming, big time. Batshuayi, Moses, Zappacosta, van Ginkel, Drinkwater, Abraham, Giroud, Miazga, Baba Rahman, Bakayoko, Baker, Barkley, Kenedy all on "unwanted list" is my bet, just for starters hahaha. I'd let every single one go for reasonable money. Barkley i dont mind though, I'd be half tempted to keep him.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
He'll most likely join Milan, seeing as theyve confirmed theyre going to try buy him. I think Ampadu goes on loan as i posted above, Sarr will never kick a ball for the first team competitively, Zouma i could see going. And Silva despite being top drawer, is still 35 36.

The squad could do with a top class CB. and striker. It also needs trimming, big time. Batshuayi, Moses, Zappacosta, van Ginkel, Drinkwater, Abraham, Giroud, Miazga, Baba Rahman, Bakayoko, Baker, Barkley, Kenedy all on "unwanted list" is my bet, just for starters hahaha. I'd let every single one go for reasonable money. Barkley i dont mind though, I'd be half tempted to keep him.
There are a lot of fringe players we should really cut loose now. I get that some won't fetch much and that in other cases loans work out better. That being said if we got £100m from all of those combined i'd be happy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Thought my days of worrying we were about to resign Lukaku were over when he joined United.
Lukaku is a fantastic goalscorer, but I'm wary of signing him for the same reason I'd prefer a false 9 or Werner than Giroud, who by all accounts scores goals at a very good rate when he plays. The team just seems out of sync when Giroud plays. He might get a goal or two, but the rest of the approach play or build up suffers. So if we are going for a striker this summer, I'd prefer a more fluid type of striker than Lukaku.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku is a fantastic goalscorer, but I'm wary of signing him for the same reason I'd prefer a false 9 or Werner than Giroud, who by all accounts scores goals at a very good rate when he plays. The team just seems out of sync when Giroud plays. He might get a goal or two, but the rest of the approach play or build up suffers. So if we are going for a striker this summer, I'd prefer a more fluid type of striker than Lukaku.
If havertz plays like that all the time (with better finishing) then it would save us a lot of money:)
Though with 2 strikers leaving we will need the numbers up front regardless.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
That's partly my worry aswell, I feel it could be a Bayern/Gomez situation where he's offering us a guaranteed goal rate but still making us worse overall.

A similar move to what United did with Cavani would be ideal, the long term plan seems/seemed to be Martial as their top man but Cavani was there as an insurance policy just incase, a similar type of move for Aguero (insurance against Kai not kicking on) would be perfect.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
if only. Dortmund seem insistent though dont they, that hes staying?
When you add up all the fees going to different people, is he really worth all that? I think he will develop, but that is a lot of money.,

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If havertz plays like that all the time (with better finishing) then it would save us a lot of money:)
I think the criticism of his finishing is exaggerated. His first crossbar was a brilliant lob, his header was technically very difficult and his missed one on one wasn't a great finish but not an atrocious either. Nobody converts 100% of those situations. It's not like he missed chances like Werner.

To be honest, I don't think you need anybody in particular. The fact that your defense looks so solid now means that every area of the team is very good, even in terms of depth. Think you can go all in on a luxury player and Sancho is the best young one there is around currently.

RooneyLegend

I think the criticism of his finishing is exaggerated. His first crossbar was a brilliant lob, his header was technically very difficult and his missed one on one wasn't a great finish but not an atrocious either. Nobody converts 100% of those situations. It's not like he missed chances like Werner.

To be honest, I don't think you need anybody in particular. The fact that your defense looks so solid now means that every area of the team is very good, even in terms of depth. Think you can go all in on a luxury player and Sancho is the best young one there is around currently.
On top of that he's natural striker of the ball. The signs are all positive cause his misses showed composure and he's shown great movement. Chelsea has no business spending big money on a striker.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Yeah didn't get the critisism of the first miss, to Chip Courtois is no mean feat in itself and that probably played on his mind a bit for the third chance as the latter would have guarded against that happening again.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz is fantastic, and I would have zero issues if Tuchel decides he's happy just rotating Werner and Havertz. If we lose both Giroud and Abraham, then perhaps bringing Broja back could be something worth considering, though I would prefer to send him on loan again.

That's partly my worry aswell, I feel it could be a Bayern/Gomez situation where he's offering us a guaranteed goal rate but still making us worse overall.

A similar move to what United did with Cavani would be ideal, the long term plan seems/seemed to be Martial as their top man but Cavani was there as an insurance policy just incase, a similar type of move for Aguero (insurance against Kai not kicking on) would be perfect.
Yeah Aguero would be great. I'd prefer to not disturb Havertz's development and momentum. He's doing brilliantly and I want to see how far he can progress in that role. Obviously I wouldn't complain if we somehow landed Haaland, but I think we have a decent thing going at the moment. I trust Tuchel.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I agree with all of that.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
When you add up all the fees going to different people, is he really worth all that? I think he will develop, but that is a lot of money.,
i actually dont think he is worth it right now. He will be a monster if he carries on, though

Dr. StrangeHate

This City team is the most average of the last 10 years. If Tuchel gets a striker, quite likely Chelsea wins the PL next season.

The turnaround took a few months.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's a mixture of Tuchel being significantly better than Lampard and the batch of new signings starting to settle at Chelsea. Was always going to take time for them all to bed in and now they're looking ready to push hard next season.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
It's a mixture of Tuchel being significantly better than Lampard and the batch of new signings starting to settle at Chelsea. Was always going to take time for them all to bed in and now they're looking ready to push hard next season.
that is Tuchel imo

Teja

He is absolutely incredible. Keep saying this elsewhere but it's no easy feet to counter the City press so easily.

PSG weren't able to do it with Veratti, RM weren't able to do it with Kroos, Pool were never really comfortable playing out the back - they would always go direct / counter press. Chelsea are the only side I've seen that create quick overloads in the middle and play it out nicely.

sideshowbob

Fair play to Tuchel but Lampard made them so bad that I think we tend to forget just how much they spent on transfers over the summer.

Those players were always going to start to come good eventually, and looks like its starting to happen at the perfect time.

Delano

He's maximising the talent in the squad and really showing what a top class manager can do. With a goalscorer, this lot will be deadly.

Gloccamora

I don't get it, how come some of these Chelsea managers don't need years to instill their playing style?

Zoo

They have an amazing squad and should be serious contenders next season. If they aren’t Abramovich will sack him.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
He's always been a fantastic, sadly some peoe are just finding out now.

Frank Sinatra Fan

This City team is the most average of the last 10 years. If Tuchel gets a striker, quite likely Chelsea wins the PL next season.

The turnaround took a few months.
This City team is better than United's 2011 and 2013 teams, better than the City 2012 and 2014 teams, better than Leicester 2016...

And City didn't play almost all their starters today. City is a great team, the best in the world alongside Bayern. I hate having to see these bullshit takes whenever City loses one game.

Still, Tuchel's work is amazing and Chelsea surely is good enough to win the UCL against City despite City being the better team. Chelsea is a more than worthy opponent for City in the final.

Trophy Room

He’s a bit of a genius. I think Chelsea will be favourites for the league next season if they maintain this consistency. I still think City will win the Champions league - they are destined to this season.

cyberman

Great win today. Ole has shown that a certain style can play on Peps mind and it beconea a hoodoo over his head. Winning 2 could freeze Pep in the final and have him over think.
City beats a lot of teams in their own heads before kick off. Teams drop deep or rush their passes and its all about forgetting your own strengths and let City play to theirs. Beating them twice in a row kills that

Suedesi

Tuchel, two finals in a row. The media would never recognize him to the degree they jerk off to the Pep Guardiola is my idol's bs

Bearded One

Great win today. Ole has shown that a certain style can play on Peps mind and it beconea a hoodoo over his head. Winning 2 could freeze Pep in the final and have him over think.
City beats a lot of teams in their own heads before kick off. Teams drop deep or rush their passes and its all about forgetting your own strengths and let City play to theirs. Beating them twice in a row kills that
Good point and I have always said this.

Thank God for people like Tuchel and Ole, next season will be a fight!

mu4c_20le

PSG had an elite manager and top striker, and let them both go.

Just goes to show that even with oil money you can make stupid decisions.