Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Get your head out of a spreadsheet and realize we have been doing this since he took over. You cannot call something that’s happened for months an over achievement. Stats are worthless if you don’t analyze them properly.
What's up with the tone? Touchy much?

Where did I say they have been over-performing since Tuchel took over? By all accounts, Chelsea defence has improved massively. But, citing 3 goals conceded in PL, when xGC is over 10 reflects an over-performance both by statistical metric as well as objective metric when you watch the side. City defence looks more secure, because they let in fewer chances.

Perhaps, posting on an opposition forum isn't for you if you're getting upset over a regular post like mine.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's really nice to have a Chelsea man running propaganda for the club on national TV :D

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Maybe he thought you were frankie in? Did you have many of those?
I was deffo "Frankie in". That doesn't mean I don't want Tuchel to win every game.

There's plenty on here who really want Ole to stay. If he gets sacked on Monday and someone else comes in, everyone will want the new guy to do well and that's as it should be.

The king is dead, long live the king. Anything else regarding a manger is bananas.

The Firestarter

I was deffo "Frankie in". That doesn't mean I don't want Tuchel to win every game.

There's plenty on here who really want Ole to stay. If he gets sacked on Monday and someone else comes in, everyone will want the new guy to do well and that's as it should be.

The king is dead, long live the king. Anything else regarding a manger is bananas.
Not everyone. Usually there is an odd group that kind of can't move on. We had the same after Moyes and Jose. Small numbers though.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe he thought you were frankie in? Did you have many of those?
Loads of them, and they were particularly loud pretty much all the way up to the night we won the CL final. He hasn't abandoned the academy players, he even promoted another player into the first team. That was a big concern people had that he's alleviated. Most of them gave fallen back though, they just support Tuchel now. How can they not?

The Firestarter

Loads of them, and they were particularly loud pretty much all the way up to the night we won the CL final. He hasn't abandoned the academy players, he even promoted another player into the first team. That was a big concern people had that he's alleviated. Most of them gave fallen back though, they just support Tuchel now. How can they not?
Until you hit a rough patch probably.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Nah, not after a CL win.
Depends on the length of the rough patch. I don't expect people to panic after 4-5 bad games, but I guess half a season of bad games would result in Chelsea firing him and the fans being perfectly fine with it.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Depends on the length of the rough patch. I don't expect people to panic after 4-5 bad games, but I guess half a season of bad games would result in Chelsea firing him and the fans being perfectly fine with it.
After half a season, sure.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Any top team/club (apart from United and Arsenal) would sack a manager if they have a massive 6 month rut full
of bad games and results regardless of what happened prior.

DomM

Is the Chelsea squad superior to ours, I don't think so, yet in the space of 10 months he has Chelsea playing good consistent football, players seem to know their roles, they look focused and play as a team, something Ole hasn't managed in his time at United. The difference is clear to see, and I can't see Ole improving..

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Is the Chelsea squad superior to ours, I don't think so, yet in the space of 10 months he has Chelsea playing good consistent football, players seem to know their roles, they look focused and play as a team, something Ole hasn't managed in his time at United. The difference is clear to see, and I can't see Ole improving..
The quality of their midfield is 10 times better than us. All great teams have a dominating midfield. We will never be on par with them having McFred.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I would say our squad overall is pretty much even with yours. But there is a colossal difference in 1 area that just so happens to be the most important which is midfield. And yes, the massive gulf between Tuchel and Ole.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I would say our squad overall is pretty much even with yours. But there is a colossal difference in 1 area that just so happens to be the most important which is midfield. And yes, the massive gulf between Tuchel and Ole.
Wait, I thought you were a United fan?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The quality of their midfield is 10 times better than us. All great teams have a dominating midfield. We will never be on par with them having McFred.
I would say under the right coaching set up Van De Beek would be an absolute diamond. A 433 set up with a proper defensive midfielder, him and Pogba would be a great midfield.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
More interesting training - surely for the players this must be more engaging and fun than the usual routines? Sidenote - unsurprisingly Jorginho seems to be excellent at handball as his ability to find spaces translates.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I would say under the right coaching set up Van De Beek would be an absolute diamond. A 433 set up with a proper defensive midfielder, him and Pogba would be a great midfield.
They could never play a true 4-3-3 because Bruno is not the type of player who will excel deeper and isn’t the best false 9 either. Imagine struggling and not playing the one person who has kept you in a job.

I don’t think any of their midfielders really compliment each other and that’s why they are stuck with the truly inept McFred.

imanshole

Supports
Chelsea Fc
Does your defence score as many as our do and still defend as well as we do? Yours FB don't contribute anything to the attack or midfield and they don't defend well. And your CB's don't score anything either or assist and even defend that much.
So, i am lost in what your are basing on that your defence is better than ours on paper or on the field.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I do not want to bash Ole, there is enough of that going on. I did find Tuchel's post match comments starkly different from a statement from Ole about tactics. Ole not long ago said Football is an easy game when you have the right players. Tuchel said that Football is a complex game where there is usually more than one reason for why something happens and we need to understand that. When you think of players getting feedback from a coach one statement offers really nothing to a player, the other offers for players to be aware of everything that is happening in analyzing what is working and what is not.

I do think Ole is a good manager. May not be a top manager and to me the difference in how they give feedback to players is huge. Or at least what we hear from their statements.

Sviken

He has really transformed their defence from a bunch of dross into a marvel to see and he didn't really have to bring anyone in. Incredible.

Rockets Redglare

He’s another manager that was slated on here and it was said he wouldn’t be good enough to replace Ole.