Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

thescore

Supports
Chelsea
Just the first few pages are funny to read back :lol:
Absolutely hilarious from some very assured posters.

Will be difficult this season as City and Pool both look on course for there usual 90+ season. But we will certainly be in the mix for it all come season end.

Swedish_Plumber

He’s another manager that was slated on here and it was said he wouldn’t be good enough to replace Ole.
Depressing.
No coach ever comes on with a guarantee of success but i look at the options to replace Ole and none of them fully fit for us. We missed the boat with pep and Klopp then again with tuchel (and maybe Poch). Not sure on Conte or Zidane, definitely better than Ole but are they near the level of the other three?
I’m really happy to be proven wrong, and there’s a squad there capable of trophies in the cups but I just feel like we’re about to get it all wrong again.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Depressing.
No coach ever comes on with a guarantee of success but i look at the options to replace Ole and none of them fully fit for us. We missed the boat with pep and Klopp then again with tuchel (and maybe Poch). Not sure on Conte or Zidane, definitely better than Ole but are they near the level of the other three?
I’m really happy to be proven wrong, and there’s a squad there capable of trophies in the cups but I just feel like we’re about to get it all wrong again.
I would say Conte is. He has been a success at three clubs plus for Italy. His only downfall is his attitude. Zidane is harder to judge as he has never really had a particular style of play and is limited to Madrid.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Does your defence score as many as our do and still defend as well as we do? Yours FB don't contribute anything to the attack or midfield and they don't defend well. And your CB's don't score anything either or assist and even defend that much.
So, i am lost in what your are basing on that your defence is better than ours on paper or on the field.
Last season Shaw was one of the top for chances created by a defender in Europe

mu4c_20le

I would say Conte is. He has been a success at three clubs plus for Italy. His only downfall is his attitude. Zidane is harder to judge as he has never really had a particular style of play and is limited to Madrid.
Wrong thread.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
These pressers are mostly just entertainment and very little substance. It is very encouraging listening to Tuchel talk about the keys to competing for championships and games in general. He focuses on these aspects which means our players have a guide to be successful. You hear too many managers and coaches talk about having the right mentality and wanting it more than your opponent. That really does not help players to raise their performances at all. This is not a dig at Ole, we heard those same clichés from Frank in the past.

FatTails

I suspect that half of the Caf wouldn’t have wanted him here anyway because he is “difficult” and “confrontational” and fell out with his bosses multiple times (like literally every top manager out there).

I have no idea at what point this became a top criteria for picking managers but I’m seeing this sentiment in every thread.

He’s really insightful anytime I hear him speak.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I suspect that half of the Caf wouldn’t have wanted him here anyway because he is “difficult” and “confrontational” and fell out with his bosses multiple times (like literally every top manager out there).

I have no idea at what point this became a top criteria for picking managers but I’m seeing this sentiment in every thread.

He’s really insightful anytime I hear him speak.
I think many fans are attached to the emotional side of a club legend building a dynasty (maybe Zidane and Simeone's successes at the club's they played for has given the impression it's easier than it actually is).

It literally took a UCL win for probably pushing half the posters on the Shed End to finally accept sacking Lampard and appointing Tuchel was the correct call, and even then a couple clung on.

Kablamo

Supports
Chelsea
It literally took a UCL win for probably pushing half the posters on the Shed End to finally accept sacking Lampard and appointing Tuchel was the correct call, and even then a couple clung on.
That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I don't like talking ill of my fellow supporters, but they're a special kind of stupid on The Shed End.

The majority thought Mourinho was blameless when we tumbled down the table in 15/16. They also thought Mourinho would go to United and win the title.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I don't like talking ill of my fellow supporters, but they're a special kind of stupid on The Shed End.

The majority thought Mourinho was blameless when we tumbled down the table in 15/16. They also thought Mourinho would go to United and win the title.
Imagine if there was a crowd for the Wolves game? The atmosphere would have made Rafa's 'welcome' feel like a tea party.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I enjoy some people at Shed End but all the Frank loyalists made it difficult to read the threads. He was sacked, he is not coming back, time to move on. That is about the time I started posting and reading primarily at Talk Chelsea. Smaller group of people but it was not as toxic.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

The amount of people that had a problem with Emenalo because he referred to Mourinho as 'the individual' in that 'palpable discord' interview was pretty hilarious.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Imagine if there was a crowd for the Wolves game? The atmosphere would have made Rafa's 'welcome' feel like a tea party.
Being on twitter the morning of that game was horrendous.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Some of the Chelsea fan threads on Twitter everyday are horrendous. I try to convince myself that almost all fan bases on Twitter are primarily 12 year old boys.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I enjoy some people at Shed End but all the Frank loyalists made it difficult to read the threads. He was sacked, he is not coming back, time to move on. That is about the time I started posting and reading primarily at Talk Chelsea. Smaller group of people but it was not as toxic.
The Shed End is one of the worst football forums on planet Earth.

The mod coco literally bans anyone who disagrees with him. I was banned for saying Lampard was nowhere near the level of Tuchel prior to his appointment. On some level I wish I could go back and highlight the post and the responses. The mod above replied with ‘everyone wants the new shiny German manager’ who won’t know the club etc.
That guy is an absolutely creep though. Older man going through a power trip as a forum moderator. Quite pathetic.

It speaks volumes when most of the fans of other clubs on here have way more insight that the majority of the morons on The Shed End. The majority have never been in Stamford Bridge.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
The Shed End is one of the worst football forums on planet Earth.

The mod coco literally bans anyone who disagrees with him. I was banned for saying Lampard was nowhere near the level of Tuchel prior to his appointment. On some level I wish I could go back and highlight the post and the responses. The mod above replied with ‘everyone wants the new shiny German manager’ who won’t know the club etc.
That guy is an absolutely creep though. Older man going through a power trip as a forum moderator. Quite pathetic.

It speaks volumes when most of the fans of other clubs on here have way more insight that the majority of the morons on The Shed End. The majority have never been in Stamford Bridge.
Its an old mans club. If they don’t know you then expect your opinion to either mean nothing or just outright be ignored.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Should have kept Lampard
If they had given him 3 years you never know how good they could have been. All the right ideas, just needed more time.
I’m sure Chelsea fans would agree that they would have taken the hit last season over winning the CL and running away with the league this time round, just to keep good ol’ Fwank.

FatTails

Should have kept Lampard
Agreed. Tuchel is toxic and a difficult personality. He’s fell out with the boards, publicly, at both Dortmund and PSG.

I know they’ve won a UCL and are doing really well and might win another big trophy this season, but you have to worry about the vibes 3 years from now. They might need a Cultural Reset™

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Really hope Lukaku kind of comes back soon.

Seems like a player Tuchel may now play as soon as he is available even when I think they always played better without him.

Chairman Steve

Just another lucky hipster guys! Another flavour of the month that will sour! Solskjaer has beaten him twice in his backyard so he’s obviously a fraud!

:(

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure Kante was the right selection against a Newcastle team sitting in their own half most of the game, if we're being hyper critical of Tuchel today. 80% possession and 730 passes from us.

Last 25 minutes we were imperius. Impressive stuff given our injury list.

Sviken

Tuchel needs to rebuild the culture at Chelsea (and also introduce some DNA) before I rate him.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Some of the Chelsea fan threads on Twitter everyday are horrendous. I try to convince myself that almost all fan bases on Twitter are primarily 12 year old boys.
you on twitter? I'll give you a heads up. Never, ever, ever follow CFCDaily. He is fecking insufferable and the most negative bastard ever. If we win 5-0, rather than celebrate it, he will find something from the game and tweet "5-0 but to be fair lucky it wasn't 1-1 if player X had used his right foot instead of left"

He's a parody of himself

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Not sure Kante was the right selection against a Newcastle team sitting in their own half most of the game, if we're being hyper critical of Tuchel today. 80% possession and 730 passes from us.

Last 25 minutes we were imperius. Impressive stuff given our injury list.
St James has not been a historically fun place for us to visit. I'm all in favour of making sure we get the points.

Dominos

Imagine an alternative reality where Tuchel replaced Ole last season and Chelsea stuck with Lampard. I'm fairly certain the fortunes of the 2 clubs this season would be reversed.

Stadjer

Imagine an alternative reality where Tuchel replaced Ole last season and Chelsea stuck with Lampard. I'm fairly certain the fortunes of the 2 clubs this season would be reversed.
Yes but at that time Tuchel was a average (at best) German hipster manager who was failing/failed at psg... atleast thats what i was reading here.

passing-wind

The biggest thing that separates Solskjaer from Tuchel, Klopp and Pep is that they are winners. Tactically it's not worth consideration but if Ole makes all the noise about the players having desire, passion and determination. These are all ingredients he's missing as the manager.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I've just had a look at the Mourinho thread from when he was sacked (for some reason that was when the current used Jose thread started) and holy cow it's actually incredible, one poster saying he hopes he dominates at United because it's what we deserve.

https://www.theshedend.com/topic/29549-jose-mourinho-thread/#comments