Chelsea easy FA cup draws

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Amazing. Two cup draws since Abramovich sold up and they get Man. City away at the first time of asking in both. :lol:

Finally Chelsea know how the other half generally live.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Amazing. Two cup draws since Abramovich sold up and they get Man. City away at the first time of asking in both. :lol:

Finally Chelsea know how the other half generally live.
The universe works in weird ways :D.
Although you wouldn’t put bribes past them and you know they’d be accepted.

Chief123

Not a great way to resume the second half of the season for Harry Potter. Probably take a battering in this one. Haaland fresh from his one month nap.

GazTheLegend

Of course we get another premier league team as always ... Everton's turn this time. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

Kablamo

Supports
Chelsea
The draw favours us. I don't think we need the distraction of cups this year. A lot of teams are going to feel the effects of this World Cup in the second half/latter stages of the season.

If the sides above us (and there are many) get caught up playing twice a week while we're fresh and playing every seven days, then I think we can take advantage and sneak into the top four.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
The draw favours us. I don't think we need the distraction of cups this year. A lot of teams are going to feel the effects of this World Cup in the second half/latter stages of the season.

If the sides above us (and there are many) get caught up playing twice a week while we're fresh and playing every seven days, then I think we can take advantage and sneak into the top four.
We also had 6 of 11 starters injured. I expect we start doing better getting players back.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I actually think City may effectively throw this one if they get to the league cup semi.

They have a brutal league run after the restart that they can't really afford to drop any points in and out of the two cups they will likely prioritise the tournament they're closer to winning.

In a season like this there's limits for even a squad that huge.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not a great way to resume the second half of the season for Harry Potter. Probably take a battering in this one. Haaland fresh from his one month nap.
He's going to be under massive pressure in the new year I think. They've actually got Man. City at home in the league on Thursday 5th Jan (presume the cup game will be placed on Sunday or Monday night) and Fulham away is then being played the following midweek so based on possible world cup hangover and general averageness of Chelsea squad they could be a fair bit off top 6 by start of Feb.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Can't see it. Very very tough away schedule left. Still got to go to all of Arsenal, Manchester clubs, Liverpool, West Ham, Spurs and likes of Fulham and Forest will be tricky aswell over xmas/Jan period.

Going to have to win majority of home games to have any chance of top 4. 6th looks in the balance currently.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Has the spell been broken?

Even if they beat City today they almost certainly would play Arsenal in the next round