Chelsea preparing to leave the Super League

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Always felt like the ESL had Woodward's fingers all over it and the fact that it is already being botched like one of our transfer windows only confirms that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We will look absolutely shambolic if we are one of the last 2 English teams to withdraw from ESL..so I expect to see it
Joel Glazier is Vice President of it all. We are head honchos. We will definitely be last to leave.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Hopefully Liverpool will follow suit. Preferably tonight.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I expect United to follow suit and I don't care whether it is with their tail in-between their legs. Get it done and withdraw from this abomination now.

Castia

What an absolute catastrophic mess.

United (and the rest) shown their true colours, absolute disgrace of a decision that will no doubt come to haunt them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I blame Arsenal and Spurs most for this whole debacle.

If they had just rejected the invitation, it would have been tainted as an Arsenal/Spurs reject league and no one would have wanted to touch it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I expect United to follow suit and I don't care whether it is with their tail in-between their legs. Get it done and withdraw from this abomination now.
Absolutely. As long as we leave it's a positive

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If true the house of cards will fall.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Hilarious. Why would you ever sign up to something like this only to back out after a couple of days. Pathetic. I'm not complaining, but find it laughable. Just what were they thinking.

As for us, we are in too deep. We will be sanctioned in some way I reckon. Enough to oust the glazers? One can dream.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Won't hold my breath, United, Madrid and Juve will be the last to go. City will be next because they like Abramovich don't care so much about profits. Levy probably next with Spurs. FSG has previous history in caving in to fan demands. Messi alone could probably pull Barca out. But Chelsea alone pulling put will probably be enough to kill the project and leave no choice but for it to fall apart, without United ever formally pulling out IMO.

Red_Aaron

Chelsea understanding that being 1st out turns them from villains to heroes very quickly.

United really don't want to be the last one left here, but I suspect its them, juve and the Spaniards most driving through a thing.

We still get shit for skipping the FA Cup one year, we'll never live this down

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We're the ring leaders
Which is good news from our POV, as now everyone hates our owners and CEO just as much as we do. The last thing we want is for people to think they were in any way reluctant participants.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Chelsea understanding that being 1st out turns them from villains to heroes very quickly.

United really don't want to be the last one left here, but I suspect its them, juve and the Spaniards most driving through a thing.

We still get shit for skipping the FA Cup one year, we'll never live this down
We are leading it, we will most certainly be the last lemons standing

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Good to see and hope others follow. Now if turns out we are the actual ring leaders to this thing with Joel Glazer being the vice chairman of this super league, punishing Manchester United would be much easier than punishing the 6 teams which makes me a bit worried.

This thing could turn horribly wrong for us very quick.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hilarious. Why would you ever sign up to something like this only to back out after a couple of days. Pathetic. I'm not complaining, but find it laughable. Just what were they thinking.

As for us, we are in too deep. We will be sanctioned in some way I reckon. Enough to oust the glazers? One can dream.
I'd rather be relegated to league 2 and the owners be kicked out than this super league go on.

As for Chelsea and likely City next to follow, they are just in on fomo as I said. They don't want to miss out. They don't care about profits, so they'll be the first to quit when they realize this isn't actually a good move. They probably didn't expect Bayern to reject.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's going to be a lot of egg now of Glazer faces. Go on build your football Disneyland you clowns.

Mike Smalling

I have a feeling we will be among the last to leave the ship, if it comes to that. Surely, this is primarily driven by the American owners and Perez - potentially with Agnelli as a key person as well.

Devil may care

Chelsea and City will end up looking better than the rest at least, United and Liverpool have no room to move, it's been pretty cpear that us, them, Real, Barca and Juve are at the head of the snake.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
feck yes. Roman coming to his senses. City will be next. 2 owners who at the very least only care about being the best and most famous and not about profits.

Perez is scared that Madrid and Barca will to bankrupt. feck them. Let them. That's what happens when you try to spend outside your means. They won't die, they'll drop down and rebuild and come back just like Leeds did.
It won't even be as bad as Leeds

croadyman

Always felt like the ESL had Woodward's fingers all over it and the fact that it is already being botched like one of our transfer windows only confirms that.
Yeah he should be booted out for good over this but because he is the owners golden goose he won't be

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Yes!!!!!! Massive respect to both
No respect to them is due at all. The oil clubs were always going to be the first to go because they're vanity projects, not a strip mining operation.

We always knew the likes of the Glazers and Kroenke were the biggest parasites.