Mon, 18 February 2019 @ 7:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 68 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
    Can't ask for more. Smalling, Mata and Lukaku been great! 3 of our players that everyone loves to "hate". Especially Smalling.. our best CB for the last 3-4 seasons.
    Yeah but he can't hit free kicks like Luiz....

Mb194dc

Supports
    Chelsea
    We're playing same as City. May as well have 10 players having Kante in this position in this system. Also Alonso is a liability. Not sure what Sarri can be thinking playing the same again after City game.

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    Our fullbacks should take inspiration from it. Rashford looked up and aimed at the player.
    Our fullbacks do too much of those blind crosses that go nowhere
    Quite right.
    It just shows what you can achieve with proper quality crosses.
    Rashford is a fabulous striker of a football.

Lash

Supports
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    ole ole ander herreraaaaa.

Ole has some how got Lukaku to start running in behind! Just give him the job already!!!

Patrick08

Never saw such a easy game for us at the bridge. Hope this continues second half.

Mr Smith

Decent half & two wonderful goals thanks to Pogba. However, I don't think the half has been particularly enjoyable. We have surrendered possession too easily at most times. We are giving Chelsea too much respect & time on the ball. Our out balls haven't been nearly good enough and Matic & Mata are too slow and lackadaisical in possession. Thank God Chelsea are similar to LVG's version of United with a worse goal keeper.
    IMO this is a bit naive. So many people want us to go gung ho in every game, and attack almost as if the opposition don't have attackers of their own. Chelsea, and Sarri, play high tempo possession football, but the thing they really struggle with is breaking teams down when they defend in a deep block. So what should we do? Recklessly push forward and make our team vulnerable to the very thing the opposition is best at? Or sit back a bit, frustrate them, and then break quickly, which incidentally is what we're best at? It's not rocket science.

Second-half kick-off

No changes at the break.

TsuWave

You wot?

Quote from your post: "I remembered this because I just saw a guy with a hat that had the Norway flag on it singing his heart out in the stands."

My reply was not originally intended as a dig or an attempt at a joke. Sorry if you took it negatively. It was merely an observation. Perhaps, if you have a story to tell like that one, start a thread or post on an existing Ole thread … not in the MDT as these things move at 100 miles an hour and are generally pessimistic and negative.
    literally everything else in that post that preceded the sentence you quoted was me remarking on how Norwegians are seemingly behind Solskjaer and I used an anecdote to illustrate it, then I mentioned that the bloke in the stands is what reminded me of said anecdote. someone else here corroborated my first assertion by stating that a norwegian broadcaster has gotten 90k new subscriber since Ole took over.

It's all good though mate, it was just a random post about something that happened to me recently, and how supportive Norwegians seem of Ole. Not a big deal. let's keep enjoying the match, hopefully, we score more.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
    (BBC).... Paul Pogba has now been directly involved in 15 goals in 12 games in all competitions under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (9 goals, 6 assists), six more than he managed in 20 games under Jose Mourinho this season (5 goals, 4 assists).
    This raise a question, how easily Paul Pogba is managable player and how much Jose despised being a manager of this club to not play to the team's most obvious strength.

Mind = blown.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
    That's a very good half. They have negated the Chelsea tactics, completely. I do expect a v different second half though, Sarri will get stuck into them, and I imagine that the Chelsea players will not be too happy, probably a little embarrassed.

Herrera has been outstanding, Pogba is different class. His goal is real Man United there. Phenomenal.

With Mata.. erm, sorry, I do not think he has done much at all. He is supposed to be the head of diamond. He hasn't hardly done a thing. It isn't 'intelligent' football. It's ineffective. As usual. No shots. No assists. Nothing.

We must be careful of accepting the average at United. Mata is a nice guy, but he's gotta go in the summer. Nothing about the guy. Nothing. Four nice goals a season isn't enough, and a few tidy passes. No way.
    Please rewatch the first half. Watch how he creates space, how he's that tiny bit sharper than Jorginho every time.

Raw

Let's not throw this away. Put it to bed. Don't want a repeat of the FA Cup game at home in 2013 against these lot where we fecked up a 2-0 lead.

ErranMorad

The feck you are on about?
    Telling is as it is? You didn't think we surrendered possession too easily throughout that half? A good opposition team would have exploited the space & time we are allowing Chelsea. We are lucky that Chelsea and Sarri are so struck in their way (Kind of like us under Van Gaal) and are not taking advantage of it. They are totally dependent on that 'moment of magic' from Hazard to come up with anything positive.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Feck is wrong with the threads scoreline?

False alarm, it's updated now..

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Mata has been excellent. Brilliant close control, keeping the ball in tight spaces, moving the ball well and that movement for the 1st goal was absolutely brilliant

Schmeichel=God

Yes. That was backfired really well:lol:.
    Now onto Lukaku:devil: he is terrible isn't he?
    He is absolutely terrible. The worst footballer on the planet. Never seen a worse athlete. Hasn't played well since the under 7's. Useless individual.

........................................*waiting*

Siorac

No, he's lost the ball with basically every touch. Pogba has also chewed him out for his shit runs at least 3 times.

He's pressured the ball more than usual, sure.
    At least he works harder than usual and put in at least one decent cross. Baby steps, you know. When he's not completely awful, it's good news.

SqueakyWeasel

literally everything else in that post that preceded the sentence you quoted was me remarking on how Norwegians are seemingly behind Solskjaer and I used an anecdote to illustrate it, then I mentioned that the bloke in the stands is what reminded me of said anecdote. someone else here corroborated my first assertion by stating that a norwegian broadcaster has gotten 90k new subscriber since Ole took over.

It's all good though mate, it was just a random post about something that happened to me recently, and how supportive Norwegians seem of Ole. Not a big deal. let's keep enjoying the match, hopefully, we score more.
    ;)

47 min

Azpilicueta forward down our left but Herrera races back to block and then the ball rebounds off the Chelsea man and out for a goal kick. More good work by Herrera.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
    Only need three more goals from us for my prediction.

AndyJ1985

In the past this is where I'd expect us to sit back and invite pressure until we concede. Hoping with Ole we go for the jugular and score even more

Jeffthered

Please rewatch the first half. Watch how he creates space, how he's that tiny bit sharper than Jorginho every time.
    I hear this from Mata fans.. create space my a**.. I am not being rude to you, but he has not done a flaming thing. I expect him to keep the ball, and pass it short. Like Matic. Pogba. Herrera do.. every game, every week. And they defend. And sometimes score. And win headers. Stop the opposition. And track back. They effect games.

Mata does none of these things. He is a tidy player, nothing more. That isn't the level I want at United. Sorry.

OverratedOpinion

If we get a couple of big wins against small teams Pogba could be on track to 20 goals and 20 assists this season. Considering the first half of the season was essentially ruined that is a bit special.

48 min

Higuain makes another run in behind but Smalling and Lindelof both get across to crowd him out but it's still a corner to Chelsea.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 66% of 815 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 568 ratings.

Score Predictions