Kick-off
Mon, 18 February 2019 @ 7:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 68 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    Telecast Schedule and Info

.......VS....

Date - Monday, February 18 2019
    Kickoff Time - 1930 Hrs GMT
    Venue - Stamford Bridge, London

FA Cup form guide

Manchester United: WW
    Chelsea: WW

Previous FA Cup Meetings

Chelsea 1—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 2—2 Chelsea

All-Time FA Cup Record

Manchester United wins: 8
    Chelsea wins: 5
    Draws: 2

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Maurizio Sarri

Team News

Manchester United

Matteo Darmian, Jesse Lingard, Anthony Martial and Antonio Valencia ruled out. Marcos Rojo and Alexis Sánchez doubtful.

Chelsea

Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Gary Cahill doubtful.

Know the opposition

Chelsea Football Club (also known as The Blues and The Pensioners) are a professional football club based in Fulham, London. Chelsea were founded on 10 March 1905 at The Rising Sun pub (now The Butcher's Hook) after Gus Mears had previously acquired the Stamford Bridge athletics stadium with the aim of turning it into a football ground. Since there was already a team named Fulham in the borough, the name of the adjacent borough, the Metropolitan Borough of Chelsea, was settled on.

Chelsea's first major title success came in the form of the League Cup with the appointment of former Arsenal player, Ted Drake, who also led Chelsea to the their first ever League title, enabling them to compete in the European Cup, but after objections from The Football League and the FA, Chelsea were persuaded to withdraw from the competition before it started - allowing Matt Busby's Manchester United to start their illustrious adventure with the competition.

After decades of being non-competitors, Chelsea returned to the domestic title fore in 2003 under new owner Roman Abramovich, who fueled an unprecedented spending spree - starting in the mid 2000s. Since the takeover, Chelsea have won 1 Champions League title, 5 Premier League titles, 5 FA Cup titles, 1 Europa League title, and 3 League Cup titles, among others. Chelsea's most prominent rivalries include local clubs Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, title rivals Manchester United, Liverpool and Leeds United. Chelsea play their home games at Stamford Bridge - which had been their home for over a century.

Referee

Kevin Friend.

Familar Faces

N/A​

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Team should be...

---------------Romero---------------
    Young---Bailly---Smalling---Shaw
    ----------------Matic----------------
    -------Fred--------------Pogba-------
    ----------------Mata----------------
    -------Lukaku--------Sanchez-------

Subs: Grant, Jones, Dalot, Herrera, Pereira, Rashford, Chong

Need to guard against anymore injuries so I'd keep Rashford on ice for this one. Get Mata to do the job on Jorginho he did in the league game and hope for the best but we're cursed at the bridge so I fear 1 defeat will swiftly turn to 2

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    We're fecked without Lingard/Martial. Only hope is Hazard etc. downing tools to get Sarri sacked.

Mick321

Strong as possible here. Have a feeling there's not a lot wrong with Martial so hopefully he may be ok.

marktan

I worry Sarri will learn from the City defeat and play Kante as the DM, which would be annoying for us. Also would've much rather faced Pedro instead of Willian.

If one of Lingard and Martial are fit I can see us getting a result. I hope so anyone, because otherwise we only really have top 4 left to play for and our season's almost over.

AJ10

Sadly without lingard and martial we don't have much chance, who would have been great in counter attack when chelsea pass to death in around 30 yards away from our goal.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
    Scout
    I worry Sarri will learn from the City defeat and play Kante as the DM, which would be annoying for us. Also would've much rather faced Pedro instead of Willian.
    Zero chance of Kante in that position under Sarri. Even if Jorginho got injured, Kovacic or even Ampadu would preferred.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
    So who do we play on the wings? We're fecked.

Devil may care

I think the CB's will be rotated but I don't think Ole will risk Dalot vs Hazard even though Young is no great shakes defensively. Midfield remains the same, the forward line is a disaster, we have no choice but to play Sanchez and Lukaku even though I'd be tempted to just throw Fred on the RW and see what happens.

el3mel

Romero
    Young - Smalling - Jones - Shaw
    Herrera - Matic - Pogba
    Lukaku - Rashford - Sanchez​

They are shite but it is still the Bridge, a cursed place for us and I guess they will need a reaction.

We should be winning though. 1-0 to us.

Canagel

DDG
    Young Lindelof Bailly Dalot
    Fred Matic
    Pogba
    Lukaku Sanchez Rashford​

Last edited:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    Hate Monday night games.

5 days to recover before the game at the bridge and 6 days before Pool. I think we can play our best team twice, then the trap at Palace the following Wednesday…

There will be a reaction from Chelsea of course but we can’t forget that they were really poor lately so can we finally hope for a victory at the bridge ????

4-4-2 diamond to place Pogba on Jorginho and Herrera helping Young on Hazard on right side. I would add Fred and play Pogba even higher in that position to force Kante and Jorginho being deeper.

My team :

---------------------------------De Gea----------------------------------
    Young---------Jones---------------Smalling------------Shaw
    ----------------------------------Matic---------------------------------------------------------Herrera--------------Fred-----------------------------------------------------------Pogba---------------------------------------------------------Rashford------------Lukaku-------------------

minoo-utd

I'm not feeling good about this one, hope the players will pick them selves up and do their best, but Chelsea too will have a big point to prove here.

bondsname

We are now pessimistic so we will win, perfect timing to become optimistic before the Liverpool game.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    Need a reaction. Two losses on the bounce would be putting serious media attention on Solskjaer.

Kapardin

Think they would be hoping to beat us now seeing that we lost, and have key players out. Probably feeling less downcast after that 6-0.

We need to rebound and fast. Alexis and Mata are obviously going to start on the wings, so Ole will have to find a way to get the best out of them.

I think it's clear Ole sees his best team as the one that started vs PSG so i think we will see the same again, depending on Lingard and Martial's injuries. Maybe:

DDG
    Young - Bailly - Lindelof - Shaw
    Herrera - Matic - Pogba
    Lukaku - Rashford - Martial

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
    Could be a chance for greenwood to get some minutes - although obviously not the ideal place for him to make his first team debut.

Irwin99

A little more pessimistic following the injuries to Martial and Lingard. Lukaku and Rashford will almost certainly play but getting enough energy in the wide areas and on the counter attack is a concern. Our squad has to step up big time in the next few fixtures but will it :nervous:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
    It feels weird to say but I honestly don't care about the cups this year. After the intentional tanking of our season by the previous manger, finishing in the CL places is the priority.

Sterling Archer

It feels weird to say but I honestly don't care about the cups this year. After the intentional tanking of our season by the previous manger, finishing in the CL places is the priority.
    I'm really confused by this attitude. Can't relate to it at all. Last season was the same snobbery about the FA Cup being unimportant, willing to make a trade with the devil to ensure Liverpool lost the CL. I mean this with utmost contempt (at the sentiment not you personally) - did you even watch the cup final last season? Did you not mind watching Chelsea lift the cup in front of our defeated faces? How can you not want to make amends .

Especially with Ole in charge, I desperately want revenge next week. And I desperately want to see us lift a trophy up high with that beautiful not so baby faced grin.

The season is no longer a wash! All of a sudden we're relevant again. One loss against a top side doesn't change that. It should fire us up even more.

Tiber

I would much prefer to see DDG, but Romero will no doubt be allowed to start. Pity

Havak

Pokemon master
    Looking forward to this one. Both clubs will be looking for reaction against a good opponent (I don't think Chelsea will care too much about their Europa League tie).

I think we'll see some changes and not just the likely forced ones. I expect to see Chris Smalling starting and possibly Lukaku and Sanchez too.

de Gea
    Young Smalling Lindelof Shaw
    Herrera Matic Pogba
    Lukaku Rashford Sanchez
    ---
    Romero; Dalot, Bailly, Jones; Fred, Mata; Greenwood​

If Martial or Lingard are fit then great, but I'd rather they were just left out in preparation for the Liverpool game.

At the moment I'd have Chelsea as favourites due to our injuries, home advantage and our record at the Bridge in general in the last 15 years or so. It'll be nice if we can get a result here, but I wouldn't really want a replay either.

RedGib

Looking forward to this one. Both clubs will be looking for reaction against a good opponent (I don't think Chelsea will care too much about their Europa League tie).

I think we'll see some changes and not just the likely forced ones. I expect to see Chris Smalling starting and possibly Lukaku and Sanchez too.

de Gea
    Young Smalling Lindelof Shaw
    Herrera Matic Pogba
    Lukaku Rashford Sanchez
    ---
    Romero; Dalot, Bailly, Jones; Fred, Mata; Greenwood​

If Martial or Lingard are fit then great, but I'd rather they were just left out in preparation for the Liverpool game.

At the moment I'd have Chelsea as favourites due to our injuries, home advantage and our record at the Bridge in general in the last 15 years or so. It'll be nice if we can get a result here, but I wouldn't really want a replay either.
    There is no replays, extra time and pens in this game so I heard...must be decided on Monday....new rule apparently

Havak

Pokemon master
    There is no replays, extra time and pens in this game so I heard...must be decided on Monday....new rule apparently
    Ah, that's good then. Strange that it's replays for 4th Round and not 5th Round! Would've made more sense if it was Quarter Finals onward or just no replays at all.

I'm really confused by this attitude. Can't relate to it at all. Last season was the same snobbery about the FA Cup being unimportant, willing to make a trade with the devil to ensure Liverpool lost the CL. I mean this with utmost contempt (at the sentiment not you personally) - did you even watch the cup final last season? Did you not mind watching Chelsea lift the cup in front of our defeated faces? How can you not want to make amends .

Especially with Ole in charge, I desperately want revenge next week. And I desperately want to see us lift a trophy up high with that beautiful not so baby faced grin.

The season is no longer a wash! All of a sudden we're relevant again. One loss against a top side doesn't change that. It should fire us up even more.
    This^

Looking forward to this game.As mentioned both teams would want to put in a top performance after two disappointing results.
    Should be a cracker.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Think they would be hoping to beat us now seeing that we lost, and have key players out. Probably feeling less downcast after that 6-0.

We need to rebound and fast. Alexis and Mata are obviously going to start on the wings, so Ole will have to find a way to get the best out of them.
    I think Lukaku is more likely to come in than Mata.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Definitely need to start Sanchez and Lukaku instead of Martial and Lingard with them out. The CBs also can change, they're all about the same. The rest stays consistent. Will be tough but its important to bounce back, and especially since this was always our biggest hope for a trophy. I do hate that its away to Chelsea though. Absolutely tumescent record there.

CM10

We need to sort the right flank for this one. Lukaku/Rashford at RW or the right side of a diamond could be possibilities but even playing Dalot there might not be the worst idea in the world.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 66% of 815 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 568 ratings.

Score Predictions