Kick-off
Sun, 23 October 2016 @ 4:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

prateik

I think both Rashford and Lingard play better on the left.. Rashford plays best up top. Has he had a great game from the right?

Giggs86

Bit worried about Lingard. He ends up being a bit lightweight in those kinds of games more often than not.

Also hope that Fellaini / Smalling won't fall for the playground antics of Costa.

Fully hope and expect Zlatan to tear Luiz a new one.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    /be nice if we could get a nice 3 points for a change. Bloody nervous here

Ballache

Supports
    Martial
    If Zlatan plays well, we win this one. He will get a chance or two, let's hope he takes them. Proper nervous now!

Charlie Foley

Don't really think Pogba and Zlatan can be as poor as they were against Liverpool. Pogba was impressive on Thursday and Liverpool was the first time we really saw him in the 10 role. We're hopefully less likely to see those 2 quite as isolated as they were on Monday.

Liverpool are also playing better than Chelsea at the minute, and they're more like to pin a team back as we were with their pressing and energy. Our wide players/midfield should be given the freedom to get up in support of Zlatan and Pogba more.

Here's hoping anyway. Zlatan could play as the target man with Rashford and Lingard stretching the play, or he could drop deep if we're playing it on the deck a bit more and those two cut inside-we know what Rashford can do through the middle and I thought Lingard had a good impact in central areas on Thursday-a goal and lovely control for his assist. If that's the case, as Lingard cuts in (if he's on the left) Zlatan can drop, Pogba shifts left to an attacking LCM where I think he's good (more 8 than 10 maybe). Rashford stepping inside can be supplemented by Valencia stretching them on the right. Herrera can stay central or if Pogba moves left step right to cover some of the space Rashford/Valencia's movement has left. He was decent at RCM for LVG way back when. Blind might stay deep as he'd be behind Pogba in that circumstance and if we need to recycle possession he's good at that from the back, and the 3 big men should be able to cover any long counters from Chelsea.

That's probably too attacking for Jose in this fixture though, but it just popped into my head looking at that team.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
    Pogba advert is class.. But cringe if he isn't playing well

Traub

Bit worried about Lingard. He ends up being a bit lightweight in those kinds of games more often than not.

Also hope that Fellaini / Smalling won't fall for the playground antics of Costa.

This match is sink or swim for Lingard when it comes to big games IMO. Another poor performance and I reckon JM won't trust him again for the big ones.

m1y2

Last time we played them he scored a stunner so I am not worried about him, he will contribute, be it defensively, linking the game or with an odd assist/goal

DeOddi

Would´ve prefered Martial to Rashford. The latter has been quite underwhelming lately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw