Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    All one of them!
    Garner will likely come on at somepoint.
    We'd have probably played more kids but they all played yesterday in a cup match vs Doncaster.

Member 90887

Lose and you have an excuse ("we wanted to give the youth game time")

Win and it's a great victory... "We beat their first team with our squad players".

Win/win for you?
    But it's not all squad players is it ? Lampard made 6 changes from their last PL game while Ole made 4 changes.

Majima

Supports
    Ralf Rangnick.
    Not sure about taking a risk, it's the league cup. I doubt he'd lose any sleep if we lose tonight.

I think the only weak link in our defence is Alonso!
    That's true. It should be a good fair game either way.

I'll be honest, i was licking my lips seeing Alonso playing, i know he likes to leave lots of space in behind. Your attacking threat is dangerous though, i'm glad we've gone for a 5 at the back.

I haven't seen Gilmour before, is he highly rated?

Dec9003

A ton of ours played in that same comp last night as well. Frank called up a few for this game.
    Surely none of the ones that played yesterday are playing today though?

Suvvernmanc

I like that mentality no doubt. It is Chelsea away so no need to go with second team. If we had an easy draw things would be different.
    I agree. The thing is though, Chelsea's youngsters are very talented and still think it will be tight. Reece James and Alonso as fullbacks will give us a test from wide and Brandon Williams up against James on our left side will be very interesting.!

In Rainbows

That's true. It should be a good fair game either way.

I'll be honest, i was licking my lips seeing Alonso playing, i know he likes to leave lots of space in behind. Your attacking threat is dangerous though, i'm glad we've gone for a 5 at the back.

I haven't seen Gilmour before, is he highly rated?
    Yeah. He's basically their Garner, albeit slightly different in style.

Fully Fledged

8/11
    I had that defence in but then dropped Lindelof and Rojo for Jones and Garner.:o I also had Martial in instead of Lingard.

RedNed77

In the pub round the corner from me in Cheadle and they’re showing the dippers on the big screen and I’ve got to watch united on a tiny little screen. What the actual feck is going on. Two scrotey arse dippers sat at the bar. The only two scousers in here I might add.

Zoo

Would have liked Dan James to get a breather. It’s a small pitch so space is a premium.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    I am not in "play the kids, play the kids!!!" brigade, but in league cup he surely could start with Gomes on no10 instead of Lingard or Chong on the wing instead of James. I don't know what is with Greenwood but him also had place tonight

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
    Supports
    Chelsea
    With 2 youngsters who haven't played much in defense and a youngster in our midfield I expect us to struggle a bit tonight.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    Stronger line up than i expected, i hope we don't regret it on Saturday. Chelsea's line up looks stronger than ours to me still.

TheeAma12

Supports
    Chelsea
    Stronger line up than i expected, i hope we don't regret it on Saturday. Chelsea's line up looks stronger than ours to me still.
    We have a youngster at the heart of defense and a midfielder who was lost when he came on to Sheffield united.

Dec9003

No, Lampard called them up to the main squad as he thought a run out against Man United was better for them than a game against Plymouth!
    Don't know why. :(

Rauður Djöfull

8/11 in the prediction

did not expect both Maguire and Lindelof to start, same with both Fred and Mctominay

look forward to the game, as some say, a loss would not be the worst but Ole was taught to fight for every game and trophy, and since he choose so many of our usual first 11 tonight I sure hope we win so it's worth the extra workload on them, winning this cup should not be the priority this season but it would still be nice to get some silver wear, and let's face it, the way this season has been it may be our biggest chance of some sort of success, getting top 4 via the league will be tough, Europa will be tough as well

TheeAma12

Supports
    Chelsea
    thats our winning streak gone with that lineup by superfrank. He clearly forgo there's a trophy on the line and that this squad needs to win something to install a winning mentality.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    I see it's very positive in here:lol:

I actually don't see us winning for some reason. Also why not continue playing Rash and Martial? Not saying we'd win but at least give them a chance to build up some consistency together.

Anyway, let's see.

Majima

Supports
    Ralf Rangnick.
    @duffer
    Just seen Franks pre-match presser, he's a very level headed guy isn't he? His work has been impressive so far, this Chelsea team with lots of youth is really enjoyable to watch. I look forward to it tonight, matches at the Bridge are always interesting.

fergies coat

In the pub round the corner from me in Cheadle and they’re showing the dippers on the big screen and I’ve got to watch united on a tiny little screen. What the actual feck is going on. Two scrotey arse dippers sat at the bar. The only two scousers in here I might add.
    Well you are in Stockport. It’s full of city fans.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
    Supports
    Chelsea
    thats our winning streak gone with that lineup by superfrank. He clearly forgo there's a trophy on the line and that this squad needs to win something to install a winning mentality.
    Like most of us, I don't think he's all too bothered about the League Cup. If you win it, nice. If not, no one cares.

Don't think winning the League Cup does much for our young lads. They're used to winning already from years of youth team dominance.

Marcelinho87

Major silverware sure. This means nothing, and I honestly don't think we will suddenly become some confident machine if we went all the way when other clubs are playing second strings themselves.
    If this was the Manchester United of old I would agree but this is a bunch of young lads who have never won anything or very little.

I just think that trophies give them a feeling which they would want to replicate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 355 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw