Mon, 17 February 2020 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    In our next 5 PL games we play Chelsea A, Watford H, Everton A, City H and Spurs A

There's no way we're coming out of this run with enough points for top 4. Not without Rashford we're not anyway.

Europa or bust it will come down to.

wolvored

I think its got draw written all over it. They have played the better football twice this season, yet lost. I think 1-1 and that will be it for top 4. There will be too many teams in front of us for us to make it.

wolvored

A game for James, and Martial has to be the one replacing Rashford. Maybe we can create something on the counter again.

......................De Gea

Bissaka - Lindeløf - Maguire - Shaw

................ Fred - Matic

.....James - Ighalo - Martial
    Why we playing with 10 men? Surely Bruno could make up the 11?

wolvored

Subs if chasing the win.
    Ighalo off for Martial
    Bruno off for James
    Mata off for Greenwood

I've gone for Ighalo upfront simply because he's different , should give his all and to remind Martial he has competition. But Ole will probably go with Martial and bring in Ighalo later.
    Where is the pace in that team?

Deery

Dreary
    Ighalo been told to stay away from Carrington because of Corona Virus so guessing he won’t start against Chelsea.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Ighalo been told to stay away from Carrington because of Corona Virus so guessing he won’t start against Chelsea.
    Solskjaer has already said he'll be in the squad

klayton88

I follow the clubs page on facebook. I'm close to unfollowing. Whoever runs it does nothing but live in the past. Sick of seeing posts about old players or old goals. Yes we have history but we live in the past. On top of that I'm sick of seeing posts about 'the boys looking sharp in Marbella' etc etc. When I'm pretty sure we are going to look like our usual slow clueless sideays passing self. What is the point in going for warm weather training? Just to come back to the cold and play a competitive fixture. I can't get my head around it. Is training in the heat going to make us smash Chelsea 4-0 or is it more likely just more travel.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    What the feck what?
    I’m sorry but the dude has a point. :lol:

Axel who’s barely played(and unfit), TFM who might not have played for us in what..3 years? McTominay who is probably unfit in number 10 ahead of Bruno?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    What the feck what?
    Your line-up, it's random as feck. Leaving Bruno on the bench. Starting McTominay, who hasn't played since boxing day, as a number 10, a position he has never played for us. Starting Tuanzebe, who isn't fit and hasn't played in months and then to top it off starting Fosu-Mensah as a DM, a position he has never played for us, in his first game for us in about 2 years, away to Chelsea, in a must win game. I mean seriously, what the feck? This is arguably our most important match of the season so far and you want to go full random with the team selection haha.

We didn't spend £60m on Bruno to drop him for Fosu-fecking-Mensah :lol:

3-5-2 for me

DDG
    Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Wan-Bissaka Matic Fred Williams
    Bruno
    Greenwood Martial
    Ighalo on the bench, give him 25-30 minutes or so if we need a goal. Dalot, James and Mata also on the bench.

Last edited:

Class of 63

Sourness
    Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
    I’m sorry but the dude has a point. :lol:

Axel who’s barely played(and unfit), TFM who might not have played for us in what..3 years? McTominay who is probably unfit in number 10 ahead of Bruno?
    Axel is an upgrade on Lindelof, and he's been back in training for a while now, and the reason Fosu-Mensah hasn't played for United since whenever it was is (a) he's been injured, and (b) because he's been on loan twice, both which hindered his chances of playing for our first-team.

McTominay isn't a no.10 in that set-up, and not sure it's the match to be playing Fernandes until he's up to the pace of the Premier League. And with Fosu-Mensah and Fred protecting his backside he'd have freedom to get forward and be an auxiliary centre-forward when needed which is something he excelled at when played there for nearly a season for the reserves.

The team is beautifully balanced, strength, flair and legs aplenty, I think some are just jealous I posted it first ;)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Axel is an upgrade on Lindelof,
    I really like Axel but what the feck is this based on? He's barely played in the Prem and if Lindelof did what Axel did vs Arsenal he'd get absolutely lynched on the forum.

Class of 63

Sourness
    Your line-up, it's random as feck. Leaving Bruno on the bench. Starting McTominay, who hasn't played since boxing day, as a number 10, a position he has never played for us. Starting Tuanzebe, who isn't fit and hasn't played in months and then to top it off starting Fosu-Mensah as a DM, a position he has never played for us, in his first game for us in about 2 years, away to Chelsea, in a must win game. I mean seriously, what the feck? This is arguably our most important match of the season so far and you want to go full random with the team selection haha.

We didn't spend £60m on Bruno to drop him for Fosu-fecking-Mensah :lol:

3-5-2 for me

DDG
    Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Bruno
    Greenwood Martial
    Ighalo on the bench, give him 25-30 minutes or so if we need a goal. Dalot, James and Mata also on the bench.
    It's probably must win, so why go with the team Chelsea expect us to play, and have probably been training to face all week.

And i'm sorry but you lost the right to criticise anybodies selection by including Luke Shaw in yours ;)

Class of 63

Sourness
    I really like Axel but what the feck is this based on? He's barely played in the Prem and if Lindelof did what Axel did vs Arsenal he'd get absolutely lynched on the forum.
    Can folk not reply without using the word feck ffs L O L

Chelsea have pace and power up front and i'd prefer the stronger quicker Tuanzebe even if he is coming back from injury over Lindelof who struggles against both - horses for courses.

pocco

loco
    Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Axel is an upgrade on Lindelof, and he's been back in training for a while now, and the reason Fosu-Mensah hasn't played for United since whenever it was is (a) he's been injured, and (b) because he's been on loan twice, both which hindered his chances of playing for our first-team.

McTominay isn't a no.10 in that set-up, and not sure it's the match to be playing Fernandes until he's up to the pace of the Premier League. And with Fosu-Mensah and Fred protecting his backside he'd have freedom to get forward and be an auxiliary centre-forward when needed which is something he excelled at when played there for nearly a season for the reserves.

The team is beautifully balanced, strength, flair and legs aplenty, I think some are just jealous I posted it first ;)
    I think you've lost your marbles, unless this is a piss take.

USREDEVIL

We will lose this; top four will be out of sight, and we will be told "We just have to move on and look to the next game..." This is what i expect although i'd do something a bit different:

De Gea
    AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw
    Fred Pereira
    James Bruno Martial
    Greenwood​

OleGunnar20

3-5-2 for me

DDG
    Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Bruno
    Greenwood Martial
    Spot on, hope that's the lineup we'll see. I think Ole'll go with James ahead of Greenwood though.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
    Was enjoying that winter break.

Monday is make or break. Could finally put us out of our misery, maybe one of positives I'm taking.

Berbasbullet

:lol: :lol:

Berbasbullet

TFM hasn’t played for united because honestly, he just isn’t all that, and never fit. He has played what maybe 5 games for United his entire career? And now you think he should start in our biggest game this season (we lose them we are out the UCL race).

You basically described our new 60 million pound signings position, and want a player who lacks creativity to play it. Madness!

red_de_pologne

I think we'll start with 4-2-3-1, think Ole will abandon 3-5-2. I remember Batshuayi (sp.) scoring against our back three, still gives me nightmares

DDG
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams
    Matic Fred
    Bruno
    Pereira Martial James

SUBS: Greenwood for Pereira, Ighalo for James​

Prometheus

Supports
    Chelsea
    Hopefully we give you a spanking. I really don't like how this fixture pans out recent times. We used to play much better against you in the Ferguson reign.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 53% of 406 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384.07692307692 ratings.

Score Predictions