Kick-off
Mon, 17 February 2020 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sad Chris

I like the news that Chelsea still haven‘t decided which keeper they‘re playing (BBC). If it‘s true and not just a smokescreen, I could imagine a shaky keeper performance.

I can see Bruno grabbing his first goal for us if he manages to have a few cracks on target.

Class of 63

Sourness
    Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
    :rolleyes:

TFM hasn’t played for united because honestly, he just isn’t all that, and never fit. He has played what maybe 5 games for United his entire career? And now you think he should start in our biggest game this season (we lose them we are out the UCL race).

You basically described our new 60 million pound signings position, and want a player who lacks creativity to play it. Madness!
    I wish some of you feckers would lighten up, you're sucking the life/joy out of the place.

Nowhere does it state you have to pick the side you think Ole will go with, apart from the line-up predictor, it was a week before the game and I was bored so I just threw a side together, and knowing, or having a rough idea how Chelsea will play went for two mobile Dogs of War(TFM and Fred)because if we control that area of the pitch we'll have more chance of winning than losing in a match that you obviously know the importance of because you put it in brackets for me.

Horses for courses, if I wanted somebody to make late runs into the box and get on the end of hit'n'hope crosses in to the box against Chelsea's physical centre-backs i'd go for McTerminator over the more talented but less erm physical Fernandes every day of the week, especially a Monday!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    :rolleyes:

I wish some of you feckers would lighten up, you're sucking the life/joy out of the place.

Nowhere does it state you have to pick the side you think Ole will go with, apart from the line-up predictor, it was a week before the game and I was bored so I just threw a side together, and knowing, or having a rough idea how Chelsea will play went for two mobile Dogs of War(TFM and Fred)because if we control that area of the pitch we'll have more chance of winning than losing in a match that you obviously know the importance of because you put it in brackets for me.

Horses for courses, if I wanted somebody to make late runs into the box and get on the end of hit'n'hope crosses in to the box against Chelsea's physical centre-backs i'd go for McTerminator over the more talented but less erm physical Fernandes every day of the week, especially a Monday!
    Sorry mate, didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed to critique your lineup without sucking the life out the place... I will change accordingly.

Wow great line up! I wish I came up with that!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    :lol::lol: is critiquing?
    Is that all I put, or did I write another post after following up?

To be fair I should have been more clear, I was laughing at you saying I was jealous for not coming up with that lineup.

Bulldog United

An analysis show with Andy Townsend and Tim Sherwood :D

Annoying that we have to wait until Monday night to play this game, but I do like our chances. Chelsea's style of play is perfect for us.

Alabaster Codify7

I like the news that Chelsea still haven‘t decided which keeper they‘re playing (BBC). If it‘s true and not just a smokescreen, I could imagine a shaky keeper performance.

I can see Bruno grabbing his first goal for us if he manages to have a few cracks on target.

If fecking Ole plays him as a sitting midfielder in front of the back 4, I am going to have a breakdown.

Xaviboy

Hope ole drops Perreria. Chap had nightmare last game was moved positions 3 times during the game and still didn't improve. Think Mata in on the right doing his usual roaming inside and James on the left with Fernandes in at advanced midfield role with Fred and Matic behind him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    --------------------De Gea-------------------------
    Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Williams
    ------------------ Fred - Matic------------------
    --------- Mata - Bruno - James ---------
    ----------------- Martial -------------------​

We might finally having decent bench option Greenwood & Ighalo. I'll be very upset if both of them don't make the bench.

Wing Attack Plan R

I'd like to see;

DDG
    AWB Maguire Lindelof Williams
    McT Matic Fred
    Bruno
    Ighalo Martial​
    Am I reading this right? You've got 3 holding or defensive midfielders, one creative player all by himself, and two forwards? One person marks Bruno and our game plan is done, we've got no pace and no wing play

Let me try:

DE GEA
    AW-B LINDELOF MAGUIRE WILLIAMS
    MCTOMINAY FRED
    MATA BRUNO MARTIAL
    IGHALO

Isn't Matic suspended still? And I'd be tempted to start Greenwood on the right but then we have literally nothing to change things off the bench. I'd play Mata, even though he is slow, he is a brilliant reader of the game and still one of the most creative players we have.

Greenwood and James as subs, injecting pace and precision.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    I only work the morning shift in the bushes, he didn't arrive then.
    :D

3-5-2 for me

DDG
    Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Wan-Bissaka Matic Fred Williams
    Bruno
    Greenwood Martial

Ighalo on the bench, give him 25-30 minutes or so if we need a goal. Dalot, James and Mata also on the bench.
    This makes a lot of sense. Martial is totally lost without a partner up front. He does the best with Rashy, but at least having Greenwood is much better than letting him wander around aimlessly in a 4-2-3-1. Unfortunately, I am very doubtful of Ole starting such formation and that sucks.

For all the people featuring McT, Axel and others - they are not back from injury and can't feature. Also Ole was very clear that Ighalo will not start. And he's probably honest about it since Ighalo was training alone and bringing him off the bench, if we are desparate for goals, is the most we should expect.

Hopefully we give you a spanking. I really don't like how this fixture pans out recent times. We used to play much better against you in the Ferguson reign.
    Thanks for the offer, but we'll pass on spanking. Instead, we'll plan on Fred + Bruno dominating the midfield and producing some screamer(s). I expect a 1:1 draw (the worst case) or continuing the good tradition of thrashing Chelsea this season.

Last edited:

reddevil80

If fecking Ole plays him as a sitting midfielder in front of the back 4, I am going to have a breakdown.
    I'll get the soft foam chair for you because that is what I expect from him.

OGS doesn't know how to coach or manage so he might even try him at LB.

Zlatattack

Am I reading this right? You've got 3 holding or defensive midfielders, one creative player all by himself, and two forwards? One person marks Bruno and our game plan is done, we've got no pace and no wing play

Let me try:

DE GEA
    AW-B LINDELOF MAGUIRE WILLIAMS
    MCTOMINAY FRED
    MATA BRUNO MARTIAL
    IGHALO

Isn't Matic suspended still? And I'd be tempted to start Greenwood on the right but then we have literally nothing to change things off the bench. I'd play Mata, even though he is slow, he is a brilliant reader of the game and still one of the most creative players we have.

Greenwood and James as subs, injecting pace and precision.
    The plan would be to kind of have a midfield diamond. Have McT and Fred supporting the attack going forwards and fall back to help Matic when on the defensive, providing cover for the fullbacks who'd push up all the time trying to get the ball to the front 3.

SER19

Pretty much the game that will decide our league ambition for rest of season. A proper 6 pointer. Lose and we should just focus on europa and endure a miserable prolonged end to season.

el3mel

We better pull out one of our good results against them again, otherwise we'll be in a terrible state in the league.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    Looking forward to seeing the French and Brazilian Kanté’s go head to head.

Irwin99

Bad week if things stay the same (although i guess Wolves dropping points is a +). Really not sure how this one is going to go.

Wonder how Chelsea fans see this one going with the way their team is playing at the mo? Will you get done on the counter again? :D

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    Last Ole's game if we lose? Tbh, i have a feeling that we will draw against Chelsea but if we lose, i can see sacking in tuesday.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
    Even if we win, it will just be another false down. We were in the same situation a couple of weeks ago before we played City and Spurs. people were saying Ole would be sacked then, if the result wasn’t positive. Nothing has changed since then, and those positive results was just a false dawn.

Still hoping that Ole can pull a result here and get us in the champions league, but at the end of the season, he should still be sacked.

croadyman

Need to take at least a point tomorrow night after results this weekend,anything less and think that is it for our league qualification hopes

always_hoping

Chelsea have lost only 1 of their last 17 home league games v United and are unbeaten in the league in Stamford Bridge v United since 2012. Its 1988 since United beat Chelsea home and away in a league season.

High possibility that United are going to lose tomorrow night but I have a feeling it will be a score draw.

RedCurry

Chelsea have lost only 1 of their last 17 home league games v United and are unbeaten in the league in Stamford Bridge v United since 2012. Its 1988 since United beat Chelsea home and away in a league season.

High possibility that United are going to lose tomorrow night but I have a feeling it will be a score draw.
    Ole seems to know how to beat them though. That should be far more relevant.

TrustInOle

We all know the players are going to come out and tear into Chelsea (again) giving everyone another false dawn till next time we face a bottom 15 side and suck. This is what my expectations have become, more worried about fecking Watford that Chelsea.

Fooza

If we don’t win he needs to go, no excuses.
    This, but I don't see him going till the end of the season now, which is okay, I'll be taking a sabbatical from football as soon as Liverpool officially win it

C'est Moi Cantona

We could easily win, Chelsea aren't anything special, and Ole has a knack of winning difficult looking games, then lets us down with the games we are expected to win.

I expect a bold showing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 53% of 406 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384.07692307692 ratings.