Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    Realise we need a win but a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world, I’d take that now.

Worried we’ll put an Arsenal performance out, lacklustre and lifeless.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Realise we need a win but a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world, I’d take that now.

A draw does nothing for us truth be told. With Arsenal and Spurs gaining 3 points this weekend, Sheffield Utd and Everton the week before, we need the 3 points to stay within touching distance of them. A loss doesn't bear thinking about.

Son

No, because this is one we are expected to lose
    Chelsea aren't very good and I'm not expecting us to lose.

I'm sick of excuses, the game is winnable and a draw is acceptable. Unfortaunetly for us we have put ourselves in a position where we almost have to win now. It's our fault we should have beaten a lot of sides this year and didn't.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    If we don’t win he needs to go, no excuses.
    Of all the game to put such certainties on you pick a fixture which we hardly ever win? What is it 2 league wins there in the last 20 years or something?

croadyman

I presumed we were travelling to London today the day before as we generally do with these London aways, however perhaps that rule only applies to when we play on the Sunday.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
    There is always this irrational hope that Ole will suddenly have us play good only to be disappointed again. Expect it to go that way again

Coops73

I really couldn’t call it to be honest but this does feel like a season defining game, yes we still have Europa and the fa cup but a win or loss could have a very real impact on those 2 competitions going forward.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Chelsea aren't very good and I'm not expecting us to lose.

I'm sick of excuses, the game is winnable and a draw is acceptable. Unfortaunetly for us we have put ourselves in a position where we almost have to win now. It's our fault we should have beaten a lot of sides this year and didn't.
    Well then, we should have sacked Ole when we lost to Burnley. No point letting him have the winter break with the players and then sack him after a game where we are second favourites anyway.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
    I'm pretty confident that we will win this evening.

RedDevilRoshi

Personally can’t call it and think both teams will cancel each other out.

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Williams

Fred
    Matic

Mata
    Fernandes
    James

Martial

subs:
    Romero
    Dalot
    Bailly
    Shaw
    Pereira
    Greenwood
    Ighalo

Score Prediction:
    Chelsea 1-1 Manchester United

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    A draw does nothing for us truth be told. With Arsenal and Spurs gaining 3 points this weekend, Sheffield Utd and Everton the week before, we need the 3 points to stay within touching distance of them. A loss doesn't bear thinking about.
    Yeah i get that, a draw doesnt really help - aside from the fact it stops the meltdown. A loss as you say would be a disaster, the fans could well and truly turn and if you're Bruno you'd be thinking; what the hell have i done in joining this toxic club!

Son

Well then, we should have sacked Ole when we lost to Burnley. No point letting him have the winter break with the players and then sack him after a game where we are second favourites anyway.
    I don’t mean sack the guy straight after. There’s zero point in that. I mean the end of the season.

Tbh I have a lot of sympathy for Ole but it’s been blatantly obvious for a while now for all his good intentions the football is just not good enough to sustain his role long-term.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    Ole seems to have us playing well against Chelsea lets hope that continues because we need to win this game badly.
    I don’t doubt that he himself can get us to play well against and beat Chelsea. It’s just being made harder for him without the resources he needs. This Manchester United squad can easily beat this Chelsea one I think. But without Rashford, Pogba and Scott? Much harder. Especially Rashford.

soapythecat

I expect us to play 3CBs, and 5 across the middle with 2 up top. Chelsea will need to win as much as us tonight, so I expect them to come at us. We will sit and try and hit them on the break.
    Marital and James up top (I'd prefer Greenwood but Ole always plays James for pace).
    CM of Fernandes, Matic and Fred.
    Wingback AWB and Williams
    CB Shaw, Maguire and Lindlof
    That's how I expect Ole to line us up.
    If Fernandes plays well, then I think we will win. That position is what's killed most of our play all season.
    I'm going with a 0-2 United tonight.

Raw

Christ I just saw that we've never done the double against Chelsea in the PL.

Guess we're not winning this then.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout

I know the must-win thing gets a bit tiring when we're talking about league games before April/May time but I just cannot see us getting top four without both the three points and a kick-start to our league season. If we're still in touching distance by March 15 the Spurs game will also be huge but I think we've blown it without a win tonight.

koop

Mata to score 2.

Assist by Fernandes and Shaw.

Jonno

I'm looking forward to watching purely to see Bruno Fernandes following a good winter break and integration to the squad.

He should get plenty of space behind as Chelsea will be expected to come out and attack.

With no disrespect to our current available strikers, I look forward to seeing Ighalo feature and probably look more of a goalthreat and actually want the ball more than I've seen since Rashford got injured.

Tony247

Tammy is out of form and chelsea don't have any good striker. In their midfield Willian calls the shots and he is a real danger. Periera can be useful here to manmark him.

If we play counter then we should comfortably win this match.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    I'm looking forward to watching purely to see Bruno Fernandes following a good winter break and integration to the squad.

He should get plenty of space behind as Chelsea will be expected to come out and attack.

With no disrespect to our current available strikers, I look forward to seeing Ighalo feature and probably look more of a goalthreat and actually want the ball more than I've seen since Rashford got injured.
    Tammy is out of form and chelsea don't have any good striker. In their midfield Willian calls the shots and he is a real danger. Periera can be useful here to manmark him.

If we play counter then we should comfortably win this match.
    I'm feeling similar, in as much as I'm looking forward to tonight because of my keenness to see new players, because I don't think Chelsea are particularly good and because I genuinely feel it is now or never for us this season.

Having felt disengaged from United as we trundled into the winter break, I've now got a bit of optimism that we can kick-start our season in this big game. Maybe Woodward's PR machine has done the trick on me but I'm desperate to see what effect Bruno, Ighalo and the warm weather training camp could have on the rest of our season.

Ace

Feels like forever since I’ve watched United... Maybe that’s why I’ve been in a good mood

I Am Zlatan

We seem to raise our game every now and then against the “big clubs”, I expect at least a tie if not a win.

Judas

Open to offers
    Every game is must win for us now, but this one really could be season defining you feel. Think both teams are going to drop plenty more points, but to lose here would make it such a mountain to climb when we look so inconsistent.

If Rashford was fit, I'd fancy us to do the job over them again, but without him, yeah can't say I'm too confident.

Ighalo to score 4 off the bench. 0-4 final score.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Every game is must win for us now, but this one really could be season defining you feel. Think both teams are going to drop plenty more points, but to lose here would make it such a mountain to climb when we look so inconsistent.

If Rashford was fit, I'd fancy us to do the job over them again, but without him, yeah can't say I'm too confident.

Ighalo to score 4 off the bench. 0-4 final score.
    Aye, you get the feeling winning this one will spark a run of form that propels us up the table, but a loss will provide the polar opposite. Season defining indeed.

That's the problem with this squad, they're too sensitive.

And a bit shit if we're being honest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 53% of 406 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384.07692307692 ratings.