Kick-off
Sun, 28 November 2021 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ....................VS........................

Date: Sunday, November 28 2021
    Kickoff Time: 1630 Hrs GMT
    Venue: Stamford Bridge, London

Premier League form guide

8. Manchester United: LLWLL
    1. Chelsea: WWWDW

Previous League Meetings

Chelsea 0—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 0—0 Chelsea

Chelsea 0—2 Manchester United

Manchester United 4—0 Chelsea

Manchester United 1—1 Chelsea

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 63
    Chelsea wins: 45
    Draws: 50

Pre-Match Pressers

Michael Carrick

Thomas Tuchel

Team News

Manchester United

Raphaël Varane, Paul Pogba, Edinson Cavani, Harry Maguire and Mason Greenwood ruled out. Fred and Luke Shaw doubtful.

Chelsea

Mateo Kovacić, N'Golo Kanté and Ben Chilwell ruled out. Kai Havertz doubtful.

Know the opposition

Chelsea Football Club (also known as The Blues and The Pensioners) are a professional football club based in Fulham, London. Chelsea were founded on 10 March 1905 at The Rising Sun pub (now The Butcher's Hook) after Gus Mears had previously acquired the Stamford Bridge athletics stadium with the aim of turning it into a football ground. Since there was already a team named Fulham in the borough, the name of the adjacent borough, the Metropolitan Borough of Chelsea, was settled on.

Chelsea's first major title success came in the form of the League Cup with the appointment of former Arsenal player, Ted Drake, who also led Chelsea to the their first ever League title, enabling them to compete in the European Cup, but after objections from The Football League and the FA, Chelsea were persuaded to withdraw from the competition before it started - allowing Matt Busby's Manchester United to start their illustrious adventure with the competition.

After decades of being non-competitors, Chelsea returned to the domestic title fore in 2003 under new owner Roman Abramovich, who fueled an unprecedented spending spree - starting in the mid 2000s. Since the takeover, Chelsea have won 2 Champions League titles, 5 Premier League titles, 5 FA Cup titles, 2 Europa League titles and 3 League Cup titles. Chelsea's most prominent rivalries include local clubs Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, title rivals Manchester United, Liverpool and Leeds United. Chelsea play their home games at Stamford Bridge - which had been their home for over a century.

Referee

Anthony Taylor.

Familar Faces

N/A​

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    All well and good beating Villarreal but this will be Michael's first real test

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    The new manager bounce was nice while it lasted

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    If we could win this then with the favourable fixtures coming up things could be looking very different in the new year. Will be very difficult though.

A narrow loss but better performance seems likely.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    No Maguire or Shaw for this one no?

AWB/Lindelof/Bailly/Telles :nervous:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    We got spanked by LFC.
    We got spanked by MCFC.
    Now CFC will take their turn.

Carrick will need a miracle to score any points here.

Chip

Lord Carrick’s at the wheel. Easy 2-0 win in his first real test.

YouknowNani

No Maguire available thankfully. If we drop Mctomminay as well, we might have half a chance.

RuudTom83

Chelsea are massive favourites, so I'd like to see something different from United, its probably not a game for Ronnie to start.

But its not a great idea to park the bus either.

I'd like Lingard to play and let Donny and Sancho continue playing back to back games.

greatscott9930

Supports
    St. Louis City Soccer Club
    Chelsea crushing Juve at the moment, expect little difference against us on the weekend. Think it will be something like 3-0 or 4-1 to Chelsea. Just don't think our form will turn around enough to get a result.

spiriticon

On my knees and praying.

Tonights performance gives me hope that this bunch can indeed stay disciplined, but we'll get beat in the end.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
    Keep it compact and hope Ronaldo gets a chance. Might get a draw. Carrick has navigated Champions League qualification for the new manager so well done to him.

ti vu

If we could win this then with the favourable fixtures coming up things could be looking very different in the new year. Will be very difficult though.

A narrow loss but better performance seems likely.
    That's unlikely seeing how we played against Villarreal earlier for most of the game. We only really came to life toward the end especially after Ronaldo goal. Chelsea is better in possession, and they're more threatening, in every aspect: set piece, counter pressing, counter...

Anything other than a thrashing is alright. Getting a point, a win, you name it... would be bonus.

cyberman

Looking forward to it. Width is the best counter to a back 3 so let’s see what happens

Gandalf

New Manager bounce got us the win today so we obviously need someone else for this game. If we pick a new manager before each game we can still win the treble this year. I would give it to Fletcher this weekend, McKenna for Arsenal and we can work our way through to the youth coaches before going back to Carrick, just don't give it to Phelan.

GMoore23

We'll have a much better chance if Lukaku starts for them. I was praying he'd be back for this as they've been a much better team without him and I think Tuchel will have realised this now.
    Overall, I sense tension ahead in the Chelsea camp with Lukakus huge transfer fee and ego causing a headache for Tuchel.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    New Manager bounce got us the win today so we obviously need someone else for this game. If we pick a new manager before each game we can still win the treble this year. I would give it to Fletcher this weekend, McKenna for Arsenal and we can work our way through to the youth coaches before going back to Carrick, just don't give it to Phelan.
    May be Mata and other players can join in too

Bwuk

I would abandon McFred. We are far too poor at progressing the ball forward.

No idea how we will line up. I’d be worried about going as 2 of Lindelof/Bailly

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    We'll have a much better chance if Lukaku starts for them. I was praying he'd be back for this as they've been a much better team without him and I think Tuchel will have realised this now.
    Overall, I sense tension ahead in the Chelsea camp with Lukakus huge transfer fee and ego causing a headache for Tuchel.
    It’s hilarious how obvious that was going to be. Can’t believe even Tuchel got conned into thinking Lukaku is a competent footballer!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    I’d personally play.

De Gea, AWB, Lindelof, Bailly, Shaw, VDB, Fred, Bruno, Rashford, Sancho, Ronaldo.

ti vu

Looking forward to it. Width is the best counter to a back 3 so let’s see what happens
    We don't have the right kind of width to counter them. Shaw may be back but his form is the opposite of James' at the moment. Telles is at best average. Our RB options are terrible for width purpose. We don't have wingers who enjoy hugging the touchline.

Juventus has those kind of width providers in their full backs, but it doesn't look like they can contain Chelsea.

So it only work in theory at the moment. Without the right tools and right condition, it means feck all.

Waynne

---------------- MATIC --- FRED ---------------
    -SANCHO -- BRUNO -- MARTIAL(lingard) -
    ----------------- RASHFORD ---------------

We need legs in this game. Ronaldo simply won't cut it. Rashford gives you a little work rate and a threat in behind or pulling wide right to stretch their CB's. Martial is dangerous cutting in off the left so give Chelsea something to think about though I do worry about his work rate so maybe Lingard. We can easily switch to 4-3-3 if need be with Sancho, Rashy and Martial being the front 3.

Fred has had a fantastic game tonight breaking up attacks. Matic is the only real protection provided to the back 4.

Chelsea are very good and well drilled. They press collectively and there's usually a trigger as to when they go. My fear is that AWB and Maguire are very vulnerable to the press and they'll always almost cough up possession and I'm sure Chelsea will be targeting these two especially high up the pitch. Will be interesting to see when Chelsea press in this game.

Looking forward to it. Win or lose I just want this United team to have a proper go at them.

cyberman

We don't have the right kind of width to counter them. Shaw may be back but his form is the opposite of James' at the moment. Telles is at best average. Our RB options are terrible for width purpose. We don't have wingers who enjoy hugging the touchline.

Juventus has those kind of width providers in their full backs, but it doesn't look like they can contain Chelsea.

So it only work in theory at the moment. Without the right tools and right condition, it means feck all.
    I actually think inside forwards is the right sort of width, City destroyed them by keeping the ball and having out to in runs.
    Doing it’s a different matter entirely, I just hope we keep James etc going backwards or having them freeze a little. It’s a tough ask

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 301 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw