Kick-off
Sun, 28 November 2021 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

arnie_ni

Two home games in a row we have struggled to finish the game off early against defensive mid to lower table teams.

Teams will now play in a similar way to Burnley and Man Utd. We really need to have better output from the front 3.
    Reported

Redlyn

Two home games in a row we have struggled to finish the game off early against defensive mid to lower table teams.

Teams will now play in a similar way to Burnley and Man Utd. We really need to have better output from the front 3.
    Why are you even on a man utd forum. Can't you "we" elsewhere.

Wing Attack Plan R

2nd half was entertaining, 1st half showed Ralf there's a ton of work to be done. 3 of our back 4 came out of that with some credit, particularly Telles. Telles' corners were good too, shame we couldn't do anything with them. For a team full of out of form players shorn of confidence, a point is a good result. No sense piling on any individual players because we weren't set up to win today, so it's job done.

on AWB's penalty: I don't think he can see Tiago, who is behind him, so when he goes to clear the ball Tiago reaches out in front of him and gets kicked. I would have let play continue, I don't think AWB can be expected to read players behind him and expect them to reach out a leg like that. On the Ronaldo "offside" that wasn't, Ronaldo was off but the defender played the ball and touched it, making him onside. The linesman got that one right.

croadyman

Damn it a bloody penalty just given away so carelessly and then dreadful decision making from Fred when we created next to nothing

KirkDuyt

Supports
    Feyenoord

:lol:

Started well, but ended too obvious.

Offsideagain

You can bet your house if that happened to Ronaldo in the opposite penalty area, we wouldn’t get a pen and he would be booked. Lucky result but at least they ran around as if they meant it this week. Sancho‘s goal showed his class, and Fred’s miss showed his.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    Good battling from United but we offered nothing going forward. This is where we are though, happy to nick a point whenever we can get it.

OverratedOpinion

Your name continues to suit you well.
    Or you could actually try and make a point that contradicts the point that we did the most sensible thing possible in this game considering our confidence is shot, most of our defence is missing and we were playing the European champions who are in form.

Considering we would have won the game other than poor officiating it would be hard for you to do so. Yep go ahead and just make crap jokes about a self depreciating username.

SirScholes

Nice to see a bit fight
    Font understand the feed love, broke up play but on the ball poor, was it him trying to chip the keeper at the end? Absolutely amateurish decision making
    Mctom poor pass choices as well, awb equally shocking, I don’t know why he thinks he’s prime Valencia and tries to sprint through players

bruno should of come off for vdb about 25 minutes before he did

Withnail

Yeah I agree but what are we? Playing like a star studded Burnley. It’s not good enough.
    Why are you acting like it wasn't a defensive performance against the league leaders by a caretaker manager in his final game before Rangnick comes in?

I don't think today's performance will have any bearing on how we'll set up under Rangnick.

Hughie77

How many times have we played a game like that and get nothing. A draw against the best team in the league imo. No Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Cavani. All not available they had a few injuries but not as much as UTD. Poor pen though seen it again he puts his leg across and makes him kick through for ball. It's soft soft. It's a good point and they need to compete like they did in every game now.

UTD_Since_1978

The way this Rangnick thing is dragging on I suspect Carrick will be in charge for the Arsenal game as well.

Redlyn

Yeah I agree but what are we? Playing like a star studded Burnley. It’s not good enough.
    One of the worst runs we have been on without a manager. Are you completely oblivious to the context this game was played in?

MUFC OK

Why are you acting like it wasn't a defensive performance against the league leaders by a caretaker manager in his final game before Rangnick comes in?

I don't think today's performance will have any bearing on how we'll set up under Rangnick.
    I just don’t think we should be playing like that with the players we’ve got but then again we’ve been utterly awful for a good couple of months so something to build on when Ralf comes in.

Lecland07

Shooting was a diabolical idea
    But what option was there?

You can tell he was actually looking to cross it or pass it in at first, but there was no movement. Unfortunately, the lack of movement ruined Fred's good work of intercepting the ball.

Withnail

I just don’t think we should be playing like that with the players we’ve got but then again we’ve been utterly awful for a good couple of months so something to build on when Ralf comes in.

I understand that but yeah we've been awful and looked absolutely clueless all season. Carrick isn't a manager and at least steadied the ship defensively in the short time he had which will help the team's confidence.

Yeah there's a lot for Rangnick to work on. I would have a concern it'll take him a while to knock these lads into shape and I'm hoping he gets a bit of patience.

Speako

Or you could actually try and make a point that contradicts the point that we did the most sensible thing possible in this game considering our confidence is shot, most of our defence is missing and we were playing the European champions who are in form.

Considering we would have won the game other than poor officiating it would be hard for you to do so. Yep go ahead and just make crap jokes about a self depreciating username.
    ‘We would have won the game other than poor officiating?!’ . We clearly watched different games. It’s because our defence was shot and we couldn’t keep the ball, with no quick outlet, that we needed what ballers we have in the middle of the park, on pitch, with Fred in the middle. Like I said it was my opinion at half time, and I’m pretty sure Carrick brought Ronny, Donny and Lingard on, did he not?? Suggest you stop taking yourself so seriously.

OverratedOpinion

‘We would have won the game other than poor officiating?!’ . We clearly watched different games. It’s because our defence was shot and we couldn’t keep the ball, with no quick outlet, that we needed what ballers we have in the middle of the park, on pitch, with Fred in the middle. Like I said it was my opinion at half time, and I’m pretty sure Carrick brought Ronny, Donny and Lingard on, did he not?? Suggest you stop taking yourself so seriously.
    No he did not do either of those things at half time when you suggested it.

We were 1-0 up. Chelsea levelled through a penalty where it never should have been a corner (the one before), Bailly was fouled and whether it was actually a foul was dubious.

If not for that they never properly threatened. De Gea could have been asleep for most of the game. We played the most sensible way possible after getting battered a bunch of times and you panicked at half time and suggested subs that would have been a bad idea at that point in the match. It is not me taking myself seriously, it is just me being right, you being wrong and you being defensive about it.

peridigm

Huge point for us. Sub choices were right up there with anything Ole would have served up.

bosskeano

the performance was that of a team committed to working for each other and it was an excellent point coming off the away match against villareal in europe where chelsea played Juve off the pitch at the bridge

their depth is ridiculous which allowed them to have the legs to press and counter press us all match long

we're in poor form and without a recognized manager playing away to the champions of europe and league leaders. how anyone could be disappointed with the result needs to have their head smacked.

they got a shit penalty and de gea had to make one decent save....other than that everything came from corner kicks or set pieces not from open play

UTD_Since_1978

Carrick last game so whatever. New United against Arsenal.
    UTD are dragging this Rangnick appointment on & on, the Arsenal game is fast approaching, Carrick will be in charge for the Arsenal game, that's my prediction anyway.

In any case, just supposing UTD do finally appoint him & he has just two training sessions with the players before the Arsenal game, will that be enough to make a change to these players playing style against Arsenal? Probably not.

Speako

No he did not do either of those things at half time when you suggested it.

We were 1-0 up. Chelsea levelled through a penalty where it never should have been a corner (the one before), Bailly was fouled and whether it was actually a foul was dubious.

If not for that they never properly threatened. De Gea could have been asleep for most of the game. We played the most sensible way possible after getting battered a bunch of times and you panicked at half time and suggested subs that would have been a bad idea at that point in the match. It is not me taking myself seriously, it is just me being right, you being wrong and you being defensive about it.
    Thankfully, I couldn’t disagree with you more. ‘De Gea could have been asleep for most of the game’ - and you honestly believe this is you being right?! I think at that point, I’ll leave it there. Pointless discussing with you.

ash_86

One thing that stood out for me was that we were very solid in defending corners. We had what , like 17 or 18 corners yesterday? Chelsea had some powerful players with a good header and we were organised quite well. Not sure what change din our routine, but yesterday it was different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 301 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw