Sun, 28 November 2021 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NoPace

Probably an easy win for Chelsea 4-0

----------------------------------------De Gea--------------------------------------------
    --------------------Bailly-----------Lindelof--------------Shaw--------------------
    Wan Bissaka------Mc Tominay--------Fred--------------------------Telles
    --------------------------------------Fernandes------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------Ronaldo------Rashford--------------------------------
    This would be my guess but VDB as a 10 and Bruno up top in a front 2 with the idea being that he and VDB will at least try to get on the ball and help us get some semblance of possession when we're being pressed to death.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
    DDG
    Dalot Bailly Lindelof Shaw Telles
    McT Fred
    Bruno
    Rashford Ronaldo

If Shaw is still out the only option is a back 4 so I'd expect Sancho to come back in.

Ollie Derbyshire

…………………..DDG
    AWB….Lindelof..Bailey….Telles
    …………VDB……..Fred
    Sancho……..Bruno…..Rashford
    ……………….Ronaldo

they might give us a bit of a run around but I think we should go for it a bit.

RuudTom83

I hope we hear lots about “working hard” “closing down” ow and “philosophy” what else, erm “patterns of play”

Yeah we need more time spent listening to bloody pundits waffle on about the same old crap!

I hope United kick em off the park! and win it from a hoof up the pitch for Rashford to fumble over the line! Total football ;)

SAFMUTD

I think we'll get exposed by Chelsea, hopefully is nothing above 2-0 but it could easily get uglier.

Josh 76

Chelsea will score early, Utd will dig in and be competitive, without really threatening Chelsea’s goal too much, and then probably concede a 2nd late on.

Longlivekeano

————————-—dGea——————

—AwB——Lindelof—Bailly—Shaw—

——————Donny—-Fred—————-

—Sancho——-—Bruno——Lingard-

————————Ronaldo—————-

Subs
    Rashford if need greater injection of energy
    Mata if we need more creative juice

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
    3-1, There’s no way we could get anything out of it. Players will try to fight though.

Shark

@NotShark
    We're drifting further and further from CL football next season and this match could be another hammer blow. Nothing but a win will do but I'm not sure how in God's name we'll pull it off.

Strelok

---------------- MATIC --- FRED ---------------
    -SANCHO -- BRUNO -- MARTIAL(lingard) -
    ----------------- RASHFORD ---------------

We need legs in this game. Ronaldo simply won't cut it. Rashford gives you a little work rate and a threat in behind or pulling wide right to stretch their CB's. Martial is dangerous cutting in off the left so give Chelsea something to think about though I do worry about his work rate so maybe Lingard. We can easily switch to 4-3-3 if need be with Sancho, Rashy and Martial being the front 3.

Fred has had a fantastic game tonight breaking up attacks. Matic is the only real protection provided to the back 4.

Chelsea are very good and well drilled. They press collectively and there's usually a trigger as to when they go. My fear is that AWB and Maguire are very vulnerable to the press and they'll always almost cough up possession and I'm sure Chelsea will be targeting these two especially high up the pitch. Will be interesting to see when Chelsea press in this game.

Looking forward to it. Win or lose I just want this United team to have a proper go at them.
    Agreed we shouldn't play Ronaldo this match. Play him and it'll be like against Liverpool and City. We're weaker and having worse form, our midfield is also much worse than theirs. We can only compensate this by having more legs. Plus Ronaldo has been playing full 90' 2 games a week non stop for months I think.

However I'd play Martial or Greenwood up front if Cavani is still unavailable. Leave Rashford on the LW he's deadly there and he's not a #9. The rest pick themselves.

The United

Same line up like in CL game replace Shaw for Telles and Rash for Martial.

Rajiztar

Supports
    Chelsea
    Hope chelsea play their normal game. Tuchel gave too much respect to city and got what deserved. Against liverpool red card really changed the tie.

Hopefully against man utd we will play with intensity and anything other than three points will be a huge disappointment especially at home.

Deery

Dreary
    Won’t be pretty just hope the score line is respectable.

skc_18

Win this and Carrick will be our interim manager.
    If Rashford , Sancho and Bruno play well good chance of a result for us.

Marcus

Keep it tight and hit on the counter. Against Chelsea, this is totally justifiable.

Noodle

Supports
    Chelsea
    Realistically we've now got Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic and Havertz injured with Lukaku, Werner, Christensen, Mount and Pulisic all coming back from spells out.

Think it'll be a tough game but we'll still be able to put a decent side out, my guess would be:

----------------------------Mendy

---------------Silva Rudiger Christensen

James---------------------------------------------- Alonso/Azpi

----------------Loftus Cheek Jorginho

Mount--------------------------------------------- CHO/Pulisic
    -------------------Werner/Lukaku

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
    If, let’s just say big if, we somehow manage to beat Chelsea at their own grounds, with a clear game plan. Would you lot give it to Carrick until end of the season?

Dave Smith

Supports
    Anything anti-Dipper
    We'll have a much better chance if Lukaku starts for them. I was praying he'd be back for this as they've been a much better team without him and I think Tuchel will have realised this now.
    Overall, I sense tension ahead in the Chelsea camp with Lukakus huge transfer fee and ego causing a headache for Tuchel.
    I agree, if he starts Utd's odds go up significantly.

Dave Smith

Supports
    Anything anti-Dipper
    I can actually see one of those games where Utd are under the cosh all game but get a counter attack goal and somehow come away with something. Chilwell, Kovacic and Chilwell out means they cannot press in such an unrelenting matter.

Additionally, I have a feeling they will play Lukaku which will mean that have a statue upfront.

0-1/1-1.

Offsideagain

I’m going for a boring nil-nil which is the usual score when the media are whipping up a storm of some sort. They, the media, are choosing our interim manager and the full time manager with as much knowledge of what is going on as we have.

Siorac

We will be brought back down to earth in this one.
    I wasn't aware that we ever left earth. I'm definitely still very much stuck to the floor here - one admittedly satisfying Champions League win doesn't really change that.

iHicksy

I think we'll try and match them with a back 5 or a 4-5 man midfield with the intention of tracking their wingbacks, which have been their most dangerous players all season. Alonso is likely to come in for Chillwell and expect him and James to be camped out in our box.

Todd

Chelsea have conceded four goals in twelve matches. We are not scoring at The Bridge.

I see this winding up 2-0 to Chelsea

P-Ro

"Full Member"
    Supports
    Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
    I'm expecting us to comfortably win 2 or 3 nil. I'd be pretty surprised if you won the game considering you rarely keep clean sheets and we haven't conceded more than 1 goal in a match this season. I know there's always the chance of a new manager/backs to the wall bounce but everything else is pointing towards a comfortable Chelsea win.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    Lose this weekend and we could be 9pts behind Westham, 6behind Arsenal and 4 behind Spurs.

I genuinely think top 4 will be a tall order for us this season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 301 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw