Kick-off
Sun, 28 November 2021 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Waynne

Agreed we shouldn't play Ronaldo this match. Play him and it'll be like against Liverpool and City. We're weaker and having worse form, our midfield is also much worse than theirs. We can only compensate this by having more legs. Plus Ronaldo has been playing full 90' 2 games a week non stop for months I think.

However I'd play Martial or Greenwood up front if Cavani is still unavailable. Leave Rashford on the LW he's deadly there and he's not a #9. The rest pick themselves.
    Greenwood is a good shout cutting in off the left with Sancho wide right. That's what I love about Sancho. His versatility and ability to roam across the front 3 forward positions.

talking robot

This the team I'd like to see. Move Fernandes further forward.

-----------------------De Gea---------------------
    AWB-----Lindelof-----Maguire-------Shaw-----
    -----------------------Matic-----------------------------
    ------------DVB----------------Fred-------------------
    Sancho-----------------------------------Fernandes---------
    --------------------Ronaldo------------------------------

peridigm

What are the chances Ralf consults Carrick and friends on how to handle this match? I know he can't be there on a work capacity but surely he can be there to talk with the coaches and players during the week for training.

nainaisson

What are the chances Ralf consults Carrick and friends on how to handle this match? I know he can't be there on a work capacity but surely he can be there to talk with the coaches and players during the week for training.
    Ragnar Rick is the one who bore and suckled Tommy Tickles, is my understanding, so he should have plenty of advice.

Statue of Limitations

Can you read Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's mind and predict the starting XI and substitutes?

Time to update that to Wreck-Them-Ralf :drool:

Buzzing now for this, even if he isn't taking full charge for the game, 2-3 with CR7 last minute winner.

Dominos

You would think the logical thing would be for Carrick play the team that played the last 30 against Villareal.

The issue is that's basically the same team that Ole has been playing, with the exception of Telles coming in for Shaw because Shaw is concussed.

Rashford-Ronaldo-Sancho
    Fred-Mctominay-Bruno
    Telles-Maguire-Lindelof-AWB

I really don't think it's team selections on paper that have been the issue. It's poor gameplans, poor coaching, poor tactical organisation, and players downing tools on the manager.

VDB probably played himself out of a starting spot for this game against Villareal unfortunately.

SCP

Supports
    Sporting Clube Portugal
    Worst possible opponent to face after coming from a awful sequence of results in the League. A draw already would be good. Next step will be to fight for the 4th place until the end of the season and recover players confidence and moral, they are more than good enough to finish ahead Spurs, Arsenal or Leicester.

Water Melon

Rumour has it that Ralf is already on his way to Manchester. I hope he is able to at least have a couple of hours to chat with Carrick and help us avoid a loss.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    Chelsea only conceded 3 goals at the bridge this season, less than what we conceded against Pool in 45 mins....

It will be too difficult for us. As much as I dont like them, I think we re not fighting in the same category this season (like City and Pool)

Just try to concede the least possible.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    Can we have Michael Carrick 100% CL and PL win in his Man United managerial record?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    I doubt it. He hasn't even official sign the contract yet.

James35

Feel a defeat incoming but positive about Monday onwards under a new regime, finally some football philosophy and brains. Hopefully the new manager bounce can start and we beat Arsenal and go on a good run.

1-3 Chelsea.

BorisManUtd

Last game with Ole's staff in charge. Expect a comfortable win for Chelsea, they're top of the league, beat Leicester and Juve convincingly so in a very good form.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    Hello Tuchel, let my team win or I will show everyone your embarrassing xmas video.

Regards,
    Your dad Ralf Rangnick.

Dancfc

Supports
    Chelsea
    That sounds good in theory but doesn't really work in practice.

Tuchel had to get a very late session in just to be able to manage against Wolves after arrival.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    That sounds good in theory but doesn't really work in practice.

Tuchel had to get a very late session in just to be able to manage against Wolves after arrival.
    Ralf may have an online/Zoom meeting with Carrick between now and Sunday. There isn't any harm in this.

Dancfc

Supports
    Chelsea
    Ralf may have an online/Zoom meeting with Carrick between now and Sunday. There isn't any harm in this.
    Ofcourse not but realistically he won't be able to make any real tactical stamp without time on the training pitch.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
    Time Travel
    Looks like Chilwell has done his ACL, sucks for him. I guess that means a back 3 for Chelsea with Alonso and James as wing backs.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
    Morale would be through the ozone layer if we win this.

Zaphod2319

Supports
    Chelsea
    Looks like Chilwell has done his ACL, sucks for him. I guess that means a back 3 for Chelsea with Alonso and James as wing backs.
    Tuchel has played CHO at wingback also. With Ziyech and Pulisic both healthy, it is a possibility if Alonso’s lack of speed plays into his decision. It will be interesting to see who he puts on the pitch.

Last edited:

RedCurry

Reece James is probably their most dangerous player. Whoever plays left back will also pose a threat to us. We have to defend well in wide areas. I fully expect McTominay and Matic will start. It might even be a midfield three with Fred, and Bruno on the bench. I wouldn’t mind a compact defensive start and growing into the game. That is probably our best bet against a team in form.

Marcus

Players auditioning for a place in the incoming manager's side. If you can't raise the intensity of your game, you should be gone.

USREDEVIL

Carrick's last test.
    Going to be a tight game. 1-1 is also what i'm hoping for/predicting. Hopefully Maguire's finding some form because if not we'll have another stinker. Matic and Donnie pivot and Bruno no. 10. Sancho Ronnie and Rashford.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    Carrick's last test.
    Going to be a tight game. 1-1 is also what i'm hoping for/predicting. Hopefully Maguire's finding some form because if not we'll have another stinker. Matic and Donnie pivot and Bruno no. 10. Sancho Ronnie and Rashford.
    Maguire’s suspended.

Dante

Average bang
    Last game with Ole's staff in charge. Expect a comfortable win for Chelsea, they're top of the league, beat Leicester and Juve convincingly so in a very good form.
    Ole drew 0-0 against Tuchel at Stamford Bridge in February earlier this year.

United under Solksjaer weren't always bad. The downturn in form only happened a few weeks ago.

Although Carrick may be a part of the old staff, the staff itself wasn't the problem. It was simply that the squad collectively lost faith in the manager and stopped doing the things that got them 2nd place last season.

With a different manager in the dugout (and a new manager watching on TV), but the same players and the same coaching and the same tactics - Manchester United are still a massive threat.

Now that we're past the chaos of that uncertainty, we can easily go toe to toe with anyone in Europe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 301 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw