Kick-off
Sun, 28 November 2021 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bobski

We've been saved by De Gea. There has been nothing solid about the Forwards, Midfield nor Defence.
    2 long range efforts and a balls up by Awb/Lindelof, other than that his work has been straight forward.

Chelsea are not that good.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
    I don't know how you fix these players, to be honest.

Every fecking little facet of football looks so difficult for them. Ball control, 5-10 yard passes, pressing, tracking, midfielders thinking they have 5 seconds to decide what to do in midfield. It's all so hopeless.

Christ help Rangnick with this lot.

Esquire

We are playing like a relegation team. I think we had two touches inside their box, and one shot.

Would take a 0-0 though.
    We are not that bad. I would say we are a mid-table team with mid-table tactics against a top team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Karen Carney on BBC:

"You know what this game's crying out for? Jesse Lingard. They need a ball-carrier so much.

They're so deep, they need someone to get them up the pitch."

Thanks for that valuable insight Karen, but no thanks.
    can’t be any worse than that we’ve got currently tbf.

take off mctominay or matic and put him behind bruno

arnie_ni

Karen Carney on BBC:

"You know what this game's crying out for? Jesse Lingard. They need a ball-carrier so much.

They're so deep, they need someone to get them up the pitch."

Thanks for that valuable insight Karen, but no thanks.
    Well I mean it's what he excelled at for West Ham. Sitting deep and running them into a counter attack

atkar83

Some of our lads are working their bollocks off here and Rashford is just strolling around half the time.
    Zero effort marking and zero press.
    It stands out too when 3 people are pressing but one isn't, leaving an open lane for Chelsea to pass out of. There's no reason for Rashford not to be running non stop out there

Redlyn

36:04 look at how mctominay doesn’t have the vision to pass it to Fred because he can’t turn easily. We don’t deserve this is 2021. I promise you ragnick cannot fix players like AWB, mctominay and Maguire who take ages to turn. Even Matic who is turning 60 still turns effectively out of pressure. We need better dribblers in this team.
    That McT backward passing instead of fred in acres was so annoying and we proceeded to immediately lose the ball in our own half. McT is the first name to be dropped/replaced in this team.

TheLord

Chelsea have been toothless. R James has been quiet today. Alonso is definitely not half as good as Chilwell. Hudson Odoi makes rubbish decisions in the final third. Werner is downright rubbish. And I am amazed that Ziyech plays for Chelsea.

All good for us.

We could get a winner today in the second half. Probably a Ronaldo winner in the final 15 mins.

JSC

VDB for McT and we may get out from the back successfully. Especially since we clearly want to get out via the right. Rashford a non entity so far.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
    I don't understand our "press". You can see at times we are trying to press but it's too reactionary. Our players give them too much space and when the obvious pass goes to their player that they've given 15 yards of space, they then sprint at that player. What's the point of that? Either pick up your man or don't. This reactionary press is so dumb. You can easily see who the players are who are going to get the ball yet we leave them open until they get it. Makes absolutely no sense...

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    United have done well so far although their attacking play has been a non-starter. Chelsea have been aggresive. Stage is setting nicely for Ronaldo.

Marcus

well At least the players are running and closing down… in possession we look like a friggin pub team.
    We are looking like the Everton dogs of war of yesteryear. That's good actually.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
    Snoop trying to get me to order delivery...

OrcaFat

Wish he was two inches taller and 10 pounds heavier. Would be perf

Yes and if you like defenders who fall over at the first push by a forward.
    If you think a slightly taller, heavier Fred would be perfect, that’s very generous spirited of you but you need to raise the bar a touch.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
    Well. Tough watch but there's potential there. A bit more cuteness in the pressing and the movement, we can certainly hurt them in behind. Need more out of Rashford, Bruno and need McTom to keep the head and time things a bit better. Calm heads at the back.

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    we have mctominay and matic in midfield and the laziest wingers in the league - with a paperweight up front.

it’s not really a surprise is it?

our whole game plan is lump it forward into space and hope for the best
    that hasn’t been our game plan though, and I can’t understand it personally. Surely with the pace we have up front/out wide, we’d be better playing the diagonals Over the top but we’re trying to play through the lines which is odd imo.

pjaya

Not sure what happens to rashford? He is getting from bad to worst.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Rashford game intelligence is shocking.. He delayed the pass to Fred after making sure he cant shoot.. By that time Chelsea were in shape
    Because we don’t coach our players. Simple as that. I’m sure of it. Just watch the difference in a few weeks/months.

Speako

I’d bring McT and Matic off, Donny and Ronny on. Bruno Fred Donny in midfield. Give Rashford ten minutes or so to pull his finger out of his backside, then Lingard on for last half and hour. The defence is a shambles, but it’s what we have.

Hughie77

That's poor reffing, that, and when is advantage over its not rugby to carry on and on then pull it back because they lose the ball. 1 pass after advantage lose it its usually over. Come on lads big 45 mins, showed at least we can create in latter part of the half. See how the half goes then Ronny on for last 20.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
    Scout
    AWB, Mctominay and the front 3 have been poor.
    Would be interesting to have Ronaldo, Greenwood and DvB on for McT, Bruno, and Rashford. 4-3-3 with the front 3 able to rotate.

Positives: DDG and Fred.

simonhch

Horrible boss
    Supports
    Urban Combat Preparedness
    I didn't mean to sound bad, i just feel like we're helpless, every time we get the ball back they're on top of us, tugging and pushing, like a constrictor snake squeezing us, feels hopeless ergo the comparison...
    Your post was grotesque, and showed a serious deficit in social and emotional intelligence.

Trophy Room

I don't understand our "press". You can see at times we are trying to press but it's too reactionary. Our players give them too much space and when the obvious pass goes to their player that they've given 15 yards of space, they then sprint at that player. What's the point of that? Either pick up your man or don't. This reactionary press is so dumb. You can easily see who the players are who are going to get the ball yet we leave them open until they get it. Makes absolutely no sense...
    Its a joke.

FerociousCorgis

Frankly embarrassing. I get wanting to win, but holy hell playing like a relegation fodder team just hoping to hold on. Once again you can see how we have shite coaches. We throw random formations out there but you can see the players really dont understand what they are supposed to be doing.

Chip

Pathetic from De Gea for the freekick. Should be coming out and claiming that ball not flapping it out for a corner.
    Sure. But without him, we'd be 2 or 3 goals down. It's like calling out a striker who's scored a brace or a hattrick for missing a single chance.

OverratedOpinion

I’d bring McT and Matic off, Donny and Ronny on. Bruno Fred Donny in midfield. Give Rashford ten minutes or so to pull his finger out of his backside, then Lingard on for last half and hour. The defence is a shambles, but it’s what we have.
    Why would Carrick change anything when the game is going exactly as he would have planned?

Red00012

What the hell has happened to Rashford. He wasn’t the most technically gifted. But his touch is so crap now. We have 3-4 players in every line up that can’t control a ball and that always breaks any tiny amount of momentum we build.

I’ll take 0-0 at full time.
    His fanboys will say he’s still injured to everyone else he should be sold while we can get decent money and sign a few midfielders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 301 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw